AIIMS 2017: Application Form, AIIMS Exam Dates, MBBS Admission
AIIMS (All India Institutes of Medical Sciences) is a group of 7 institutions boasting the name of AIIMS in India. These 7 institutions are the premier medical institutions providing the medical (MBBS/MD/MS/Nursing/Paramedical/Health Science) education. AIIMS medical (MBBS) entrance exam is a national level entrance test conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi. It is organized for providing admission to MBBS programme offered by seven AIIMS institutions of the country. AIIMS 2017 MBBS Entrance Test Dates has been released officially. AIIMS 2017 registration has been started from 24th January 2017. Candidates can check AIIMS entrance exam Application Form, AIIMS Exam Dates, Admit Card, Result and AIIMS MBBS Syllabus.
AIIMS MBBS Notification 2017 – Registration Started
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Application Form has been released now. Click Here for Application Form.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates – Announced
The official dates of AIIMS MBBS 2017 has been announced by the officials. The AIIMS 2017 dates are mentioned below:
|AIIMS Application form start date||24th January 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||23rd February 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Status of Registration including rejection /deficiencies in application||7th March 2017|
|AIIMS Admit Card availability||1st May 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test||28th May 2017|
|AIIMS Result announcement||14th June 2017 (Expected)|
|First Counselling||3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th July 2017|
|Medical Examination of selected candidates for AIIMS, Delhi||7th & 8th July 2017|
|Second Counselling||3rd August 2017|
|Third Counselling||4th September 2017|
|Open Counselling (if required)||27th September 2017|
AIIMS 2017 Application Form
- Candidates can fill and submit the AIIMS 2017 Application Form through online only.
- The application form has been released from 24th January 2017 and available till 23rd February 2017 .
- Corrections in the application form will be accessible from 7th March 2017.
- Providing the correction period is the subject of official right, as it may not be provided further.
- Candidates are required to keep ready the scanned images of photograph, left thumb impression and signature in prescribed size and format to upload in the application form.
The application fee payment can be made through online mode (credit/debit card or net banking) or through the challan form payable at any branch of SBI Bank. The application fee for all the categories is different as mentioned below:
Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)
Other Backward Classes [OBC : Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers]
|Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for all medical courses offered by the AIIMS is slightly different. Here we are informing about MBBS eligibility criteria prescribed by AIIMS. Before applying for exam, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidates must be completed the age of 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission (2017).
- Qualification: Candidates must be cleared 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with securing minimum 60% marks for General & OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/OPH Candidates.
- Appearing Students: Candidates appearing in 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
MBBS Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The AIIMS exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours + 30 minutes.
- No. of Questions: The question paper will be composed of 200 Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 1 mark will be given and for each incorrect response 1/3 marks will be deducted.
The AIIMS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
The seat reservation for different categories will be followed by 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis. The seat matrix in the seven AIIMS is as the following:
|Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||OPH||Foreign*||Total|
|New Delhi||50||27||15||08||3% Horizontal||07||107|
The syllabus will be based on the standard of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. The syllabus will consist of various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and General Knowledge/ Aptitude. Candidates can prepare for the exam from the above mentioned subjects. Detailed syllabus is as following:
- Circular Motion
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Electronic Devices
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Nuclear Physics
- Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics.
- Wave Motion: Optics
- Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry:
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Structure of Atom
- Section B: Organic Chemistry:
- Chemistry of Elements and Compounds
- Section C: Physical Chemistry:
- Chemical Equilibrium
- State of Matter
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Diversity of Animal Life
- Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis)
- Reproductive System
- Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development.
- Botany and Human Welfare
- History, Importance, Factors and mechanism
- Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis.
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots
- Internal structure of stem and secondary growth
- Transpiration and respiration
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
- Current Affairs
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- History etc
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Candidates should prepare for the exam as per the prescribed syllabus. Prepare a time-table and divide time equally for all the subjects. Mark your difficult topics and discuss about them with your teachers and classmates. Choose the best preparation books for exam preparations. Include previous years question paper on your study material.
AIIMS 2017 Admit Card
All the eligible candidates can download the admit card through online only. The AIIMS 2017 admit card will be released from 1st May, 2017. The admit card will not be sent by post. Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of the admit card for further need. Without admit card candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
AIIMS 2017 Result
The AIIMS 2017 Result will be provided to students on 14th June, 2017. Candidates can check the results via online mode through the website. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is the main authority which organizes a national level medical exam. This exam is known as AIIMS MBBS exam. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into 700 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. AIIMS Application Form 2018 will be availble from the 3rd week of February 2018.
The cut-off score is the minimum score which have to be secured by the candidates to get admission in AIIMS. The cut-off score for different categories is mentioned below:
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
Cut-offs of the respective category
The AIIMS 2017 Counselling for first round will be started from 3rd July 2017. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam. The merit list will be prepared separately for all the categories. Candidates will be invited for counselling on the basis of rank secured in the merit list. For counselling process candidates are required to report at the venue at the given date & time mentioned on the call letter with original documents.
For further queries related to AIIMS 2017, you may leave your comments below in the comment box.