AP PGECET 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Notification
Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET 2017) is a state level entrance test of Andhra Pradesh. It is held for providing admission to the aspirants seeking for M.Tech, M.Pharma (regular courses) in the field of Engineering, Technology and Pharmacy. It is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). GPAT and GATE qualify candidates are exempted to avail this test for admission as they can get admission on the basis of their rank. Candidates can check the complete details about AP PGECET 2017 including application form, exam dates and notification for the year 2017.
AP PGECET 2017 Exam Dates
Get the tentative dates of AP PGECET 2017 given below:
|Notification Issue||First week of March 2017|
|Online Application Availability Date||First week of March 2017|
|Form Submission Last Date (Without Late Fee)||Fourth week of April 2017|
|Form Submission Last Date (With Late Fee)||Third week of May 2017|
|Admit Card Download Date||Third week of May 2017|
|Date of Examination||Fourth week of May 2017|
|Result Declaration||Second week of June 2017|
AP PGECET Application Form 2017
- AP PGECET application form will be available online only from the first week of March, tentatively.
- Candidates will have to fill the application form online before the last date (without late fee).
- After the last date of filling the application form, one can fill the application form indeed but with the late fee.
- The candidates can also check the status of their application form whether it is submitted successfully or not.
- As the application form will be submitted, an intimation message regarding the successful submission of application form will be received by the candidates via SMS/E-mail.
- In case a candidate wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
Note: There is no need for the GATE/GPAT qualifiers to appear the AP PGECET 2017 as they are admitted to the colleges on the basis of their rank in GATE/GPAT. Such candidates are required to register separately for admission.
The candidates can submit the application fee through credit card/debit card or through AP online centres. The application fee required to be paid by the candidates against the application form are as follows:
- For GEN/OBC – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST- Rs. 300/-
The late fee is Rs. 500/-, 2000/-, 5000/- and 10000/- as per the dates of filling the late application form.
Latest Application Forms Available
AP PGECET Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary for all the applicants to meet the eligibility conditions as prescribed by the authority. AP PGECET 2017 eligibility conditions are mentioned below:
- Applicant must be the Indian citizen.
- Candidates should have the domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must satisfy the local/non local status requirements.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination as B.E./B.Tech from the recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST category candidates).
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination as B.Pharma from the recognized University with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST category candidates).
AP PGECET Exam Pattern
Check the AP PGECET exam pattern 2017 given below:
- Duration: The examination of AP PGECET will consist of 2 hours duration.
- Type: The question paper contains objective type and multiple choice questions.
- Mode & Marks: It is the pen and paper based examination consisting of 120 marks.
- Language: The medium of the examination will be English only.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be provided for every right answer.
|AP PGECET 2017 Exam Pattern|
|Exam Type||Pen & Paper Based|
|Duration of the exam||2 Hours|
|Total No of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice objective type questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
|Medium of Question Paper||English only|
AP PGECET 2017 will be conducted in the following disciplines:
|AP PGECET 2017 Test Paper||Paper Code|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||GG|
AP PGECET 2017 Exam Centres:
The examination will be held in various cities of Andhra Pradesh that include Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Guntur, Tirupathi, Anantapuram. The candidates will get the more details about the examination venue in the admit card.
AP PGECET 2017 Syllabus
This exam is held for various specializations of engineering and pharmacy. Thus, the syllabus is separate for all these papers. Candidates should adhere to the syllabus for which they will be appeared for exam. The detailed syllabus is as given on following links:
Click here for Aerospace Engineering
Click here for Bio Technology
Click here for Chemical Engineering
Click here for Civil Engineering
Click here for Computer Science & Information Technology
Click here for Electrical Engineering
Click here for Electronics & Communication Engineering
Click here for Food Technology
Click here for Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics
Click here for Instrumentation Engineering
Click here for Mechanical Engineering
Click here for Metallurgy
Click here for Nano Technology
Click here for Pharmacy
The entire syllabus for AP PGECET & TS PGECET is same. The syllabus is based on last year pattern, if any changes will be made it will be updated here.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
AP PGECET 2017 Admit Card
Admit card bearing the name of the centre and Roll No. will be available on the official website of the examination authority. The candidates have to enter the registration number and select the test while downloading the admit card. The tentative date for the announcement of AP PGECET 2017 admit card will be in the month of May and before some days of the examination commencement.
AP PGECET 2017 Result
The candidates are required to enter the login credentials for checking their AP PGECET 2017 result. The result contains the total marks and obtained rank of the candidate. The result will be announced online through the official website in the month of June, tentatively. Rank card will be available for downloading after some days of the result announcement.
AP PGECET 2017 Cut-off
To qualify the AP PGECET 2017, the candidates have to obtain the minimum 25% marks of the total marks. Those who will obtain the marks more than the cut-off marks will be eligible to take the admission in M.Tech course offered by the colleges of Andhra Pradesh. No minimum cut off is prescribed for SC/ST. The rank card will be available only for the qualified candidates.
AP PGECET 2017 Counselling
The candidates have to attend the AP PGECET 2017 counselling for seat allotment and document verification. To appear in the counselling, the candidates have to pay the counselling fee of Rs 600/- (Rs 300 for SC/ST/PH). After the payment of prescribed fees, serial number and password will be provided to the candidates through which candidates are able to mark the choices for colleges.
Note – Separate admission notification will be released for the candidates who have applied through GATE/GPAT. The number of seats left vacant after appointing the candidates through GATE/GPAT will be filled further through AP PGECET.
If you have any doubt regarding AP PGECET 2017, you may ask us by commenting below.