CMC Vellore 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
CMC Vellore 2020 Exam has been postponed for UG/ PG courses. Christian Medical College (CMC Vellore) is a renowned medical college located in Vellore, India. The entrance examination is conducted every year by the CMC itself. The entrance exam is held every year to give admission into the students for various UG/ PG/ Diploma courses. CMC Vellore enrolled students in medical postgraduate degree/diploma and MBBS, B.Sc nursing and various UG allied health courses. CMC Vellore conducts its own university level entrance exam for offering admission in its campus. However for admission into MBBS/ BDS course NEET examination scores are considered. Candidates those want to register themselves for the CMC Vellore 2020 entrance exam should read this article for the detailed information of the examination.
CMC Vellore 2020 Notifications – Exam Postponed
CMC Vellore 2020 Exam has been postponed for UG/ PG courses. New dates will be announced soon. Check here for dates details.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Mock Test has been released.Click Here for mock test.
CMC Vellore 2020 Exam Dates
Check CMC Vellore dates regarding the UG & PG entrance exam which are listed in the below given table:
For UG Courses (GROUP A) and PG Courses (GROUP B):
|Online Registration Start||12th February 2020|
|Online Registration & payment Closes||26th March 2020|
|Last Date of Uploading Supporting Documents (wherever necessary) Email attachments are accepted||12th June 2020|
|Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organization||12th June 2020|
|Online submission of NEET UG 2020 Scores||To be announced soon (only for MBBS)|
|Submission of ARNo & Rank of TN Management quota 2020||To be announced soon (only for MBBS)|
|Physical Counseling by Tamil Nadu Selection committee, DME, Chennai||To be announced soon (only for MBBS)|
|Examination Groups||Group A (Except MBBS)||Group B|
|Admit Card||Last week of June 2020|
|Entrance Exam||June/ July 2020 (Postponed)||June/ July 2020 (Postponed)|
|Release of Selected Candidate List for Step 2||July (B.Sc nursing); July (AHS degree courses)||July (MPH & DCPC), July 2020 (AHS diploma, MHA & M.Sc) & July 2020 (Diploma Nursing)|
|Steps – 2 Special Tests and Interview||July (B.Sc nursing); July (AHS degree)||July (MPH & DCPC); July (diploma nursing); August (AHS diploma, MHA & M.Sc)|
|Result||July (AHS degree) & August (B.Sc nursing)||June/ July (MPH & DCPC); August (diploma nursing); August (AHS diploma, MHA & M.Sc)|
|Registration at College||August (AHS degree); August (B.Sc nursing)||June (DCPC); June (MPH); August (diploma nursing); August (AHS diploma, MHA & M.Sc)|
Note: Group A courses are MBBS, B. Sc (Nursing) & AHS Degree Courses. Group B courses are Diploma in Nursing and other AHS diplomas / Fellowships.
CMC Vellore 2020 Application Form
CMC Vellore 2020 Application form filling instructions are given below:
- Registration form has been started from 12th February 2020 and will close on 26th March 2020.
- A candidate may apply for maximum 7 courses in group A while maximum 5 courses in group B with two entrance tests.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode.
- Candidates must keep ready a soft copy of your photograph and signature before filling the
- Candidates need to upload the relevant documents on the site of the college as per dates given by the college according to courses enrolling for.
- Candidates need to send their application form to the registrar office with the supporting documents.
- Neurosurgery courses fee can be paid via debit/credit card or via net banking.
- Candidates can also pay their fee via the challan at any branch of ICICI bank.
- Candidates need to send the proof of application fee to the college.
- Application fee will not be refunded if paid once.
|For Group A courses (MBBS, BSc (Nursing) & AHS Degree Courses )||Rs.800 (Administrative fee) + Basic fee Rs.500 per course = Total Rs.1300|
|For Group B courses i.e. Diploma in Nursing and other AHS diplomas / Fellowships||Rs.800 (Administrative fee) + Basic fee Rs.100 per course = Total Rs.900|
|MPH and MSc courses||Rs.800 (Administrative fee) + Basic fee Rs.500 per course = Total Rs.1300|
CMC Vellore Eligibility Criteria for the various courses is given below:
Nationality: The candidate should belong to Indian nationality and have domicile of Tamil Nadu state.
- The lower age of the candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- The upper age of the candidate cannot be more than 25 years as on 7th May 2020.
- Qualification: A candidate must be intermediate pass from a recognized board/university.
- Subjects: Must have minimum 5 subjects in intermediate with biology, physics, chemistry and English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks: The candidates must have obtained individually a minimum of 50% marks (BC/ MBC/ SC/ ST-40%, SC-PH/ ST-PH/ BC-PH/ GEN-PH- 45%) in aggregate.
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidates must have 10+2 or bachelor’s degree in the respective field in which they want to get admission.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed in their bachelor’s degree programme.
CMC Vellore 2020 Exam Pattern
Here, we have mentioned CMC Vellore exam pattern for UG & Diploma courses:
For UG Courses:
- Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode.
- No. of Question: Test will be comprised of MCQ from physics, chemistry and biology.
- Duration: The exam duration will 2 hours (PCB) & 70 minutes (General Ability).
- Marking Scheme: There will be no negative Candidates will get 1 marks for the right answers and zero for not attempted.
- Language of Exam: Exam will be conducted only in English language.
For Diploma Courses:
- Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode.
- Types of Question: The multiple choice question will be asked in the exam.
- Duration: The duration of the test would be of 90 minutes.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English.
- Number of Questions: 90 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded with 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the paper.
CMC Vellore 2020 Syllabus
CMC Vellore Syllabus for both UG and PG courses is given below:
For UG Admission & PG Admission:
The entrance test for the UG (Group A) degree courses other than MBBS will consist of Physics, Chemistry & Biology followed by Aptitude Assessment.
PG (Group B) diploma courses with Science paper will have multiple choice questions in Physics, Chemistry & Biology, in addition to General Ability with emphasis on Speed and Accuracy, and a few questions on issues of current topical interest.
The General Paper (Non-Science) for PG (Group B) will consist of multiple choice questions of a general nature, including very basic science, general knowledge, current awareness and general ability.
Candidates are advised to prepare for the examination with the given below CMC Vellore preparation tips:
- Cover the whole syllabus topic wise so that candidates can identify in which section of the exam they can perform better.
- Don’t go through lots of books for the same topic. You can prepare a topic from any book and continue practice with different mock papers.
- Candidates can make notes in short so that they can revise easily without taking much time.
- After syllabus has been covered, focus on the test series. Try to give at least one test on daily basis. Analyze the test and go through the mistakes you have done during the test.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
CMC Vellore 2020 Admit Card
Admit card of CMC Vellore will be available through online mode. Candidates can download the admit card in the last week of June 2020 except MBBS.
For downloading admit card candidates have to fill the details required for downloading admit card.
In admit card the information regarding the examination center, roll no. and the examination time will be mentioned.
CMC Vellore 2020 Result
CMC Vellore 2020 exam result will be declared by the CMC. Result for the Group A exam will be declared in the last week of July 2020 while the result of group B exam will be declared in the first week of August 2020.
In result rank and score achieve by the candidates will be mentioned. Candidates are advised to take printout of the result and keep the score card for the further process of the admission.
CMC Vellore 2020 Admission
CMC Vellore 2020 Admission process will be started after the declaration of result. For MBBS aspirants it will start after the declaration of NEET 2020 result.
CMC Vellore admission process for group A courses will be started from the first week of August 2020 and for Group B courses it will start from the fourth week of August 2020.
For the process of admission candidates need to visit college personally with all the relevant documents and exam result score card. Candidates need to pay course fee at the time of admission.
If you have any other queries about CMC Vellore 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.