GCET 2019: Answer Key, Result, Counselling, Admission Process
GCET 2019 Counselling has been started from 17th May 2019. Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2019) is conducted to offer admission in engineering and various other courses. GCET is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. It is a state level entrance exam which is conducted once in a year. The admission into MBBS course will be offered through NEET score and in B.Arch course through NATA score. In this article, candidates can get all the information related to GCET 2019.
GCET 2019 Notification – Counselling Started
GCET 2019 Counselling (Admission Form Submission) has been started from 17th May 2019. Check here for counselling details.
GCET 2019 Result has been declared on 11th May 2019. Check here for result details.
GCET 2019 Answer Key for all sets has been released. Check here for answer key details.
GCET Exam Dates
The GCET 2019 official dates are given in this section.
|Starting of application form and collecting admit card||25th March 2019|
|Last date of submission of application form and collecting admit card||30th March 2019|
|Last date of submission of application form and collecting admit card with late fee||26th April 2019|
|Written Exam Date||7th May 2019 (Physics & Chemistry) & 8th May 2019 (Mathematics)|
|Releasing of answer key||11th May 2019|
|Announcement of result||11th May 2019|
|Starting of Counselling (submission of application form B)||17th May 2019|
|Last date for receiving forms for Admission (FORM A/B/C) at notified location||24th May 2019|
|Display of Eligibility List for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||6th June 2019|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in GCET based eligibility list||10th June 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||12th June 2019|
|Display of Final Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||14th June 2019|
|First Round of Admission to ENGG.,PHARM courses||17th – 21st June 2019|
|Display of Eligibility List for NEET based courses at Admission Centre||28th June 2019|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in NEET based eligibility list||1st July 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of NEET based courses at Admission Centre||2nd July 2019|
|Display of Final Merit List of NEET based courses at Admission Centre||3rd July 2019|
|First Round of Admission to NEET based courses||4th – 5th July 2019|
|Second Round of Admission to ENGG.,PHARM courses||15th – 17th July 2019|
|Display of Eligibility List for B.Arch. course at Admission Centre||25th July 2019|
|Display of Merit List for B.Arch. course at Admission Centre||26th July 2019|
|First Round of Admission to B.Arch. course||29th July 2019|
|Second Round Admission to NEET & NATA based courses & Third Round of Admission to ENGG., PHARM courses||8th – 13th August 2019|
GCET Result 2019
GCET result 2019 is available on the website and on Notice Board at DTE. It has been released on 11th May 2019. Any change in schedule of publication of result is notified in designated newspapers. No individual score card is provided to the candidates.
The authority also release the answer key along with the declaration of result. Candidates can check it through online mode. A separate merit list will be prepared for each course. On the basis of this merit list candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling rounds.
GCET Counselling 2019
After the declaration of result, the authority release the admission form for participating in the GCET counselling. Candidates can start filling admission form from 17th May 2019. The counselling is conducted trough offline mode.
After each round of the counselling, the authority publish the names of the selected candidates for admission in the admission list. Candidates have to report the allotted college along with all required original documents after the seat allotment.
GCET is a state level examination which is organized by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. It is conducted to offer admission in engineering, architecture and many other courses. Candidates can admission in various government as well as private colleges in Goa through GCET score.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
GCET Application Form 2019
Candidates are required to fill all details carefully. The application form guidelines are given below:
- Candidates have to download the application form and take a printout of it. The GCET application form has to be filled in the candidate’s own hand writing.
- The filled-in application form has to be submitted at the specified locations in person.
- The application form has been started from 25th March 2019.
- Candidates can fill and submit the application form till 26th April 2019 with late fee.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of admission form B at the time of downloading acknowledgement page.
- The application fee for GCET 2019 is Rs. 2000/-.
- The late fee is Rs. 1500/-.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through offline mode.
- The fee can be remitted in the Account of “Directorate of Technical Education” with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’ in any branch of HDFC Bank in the State of Goa.
- Outside Goa candidates, should send the Application form along with the Demand Draft in favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji drawn in any scheduled bank.
GCET Hall Ticket 2019
The admit cards is issued in person to each candidate. Candidates can obtain the admit card after submitting the application form A to the admission committee on the same day.
Candidates can get the GCET hall ticket 2019 till the last date of filling application form. It can be obtained from 25th March to 26th April 2019.
- GCET is open to Indian nationals.
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport may apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- OCI/PIO cardholders will be considered eligible for admissions to seats under NRI Category.
- For Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing must have competed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission.
- No age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- NEET: NEET 2019 score card will be valid for getting admission in Medicine, Dentistry BHMS (Homeopathy) and BAMS (Ayurveda) courses.
- NATA: The NATA 2019 score card will be considered for providing admissions into Architecture courses.
- B.Sc Nursing: Should have passed HSSC with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, and obtained minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC category).
- B.Pharma: Must pass the 10+2 examination of the Goa Board or its equivalent with English, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology. Must secure minimum 45% marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC only).
- Engineering: The candidates those have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at HSSC or equivalent exam is eligible to apply. English, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects with additional subject among one of them Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology/Chemistry. Must have secured 45% for general & 40% for reserved categories.
GCET Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted through offline mode (pen paper based).
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes will be provided for the exam.
- of Questions: 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision of negative marking.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GCET 2019 syllabus is based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education. The syllabus is set from Standard XIIth (Science) examination for the current year. The subjects those are included in the GCET syllabus are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Click here to view GCET 2019 Syllabus
GCET Preparation Tips
- Must know the complete details about exam pattern & syllabus.
- Prepare a timetable for the study and give an equal attention to all the subjects.
- Also go through previous year’s question papers & model papers.
- Do revisions on a daily basis.
- Stay healthy and fit.
Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim), Panaji, Verna, Navelim, Vasco, Mapusa, Ponda-1, Ponda (Farmagudi), Bicholim, Curchorem, Porvorim, Assagao, Sanquelim, Cuncolim and Dharbandora.
If you have any other queries about GCET 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.