IISC Admission 2018: UG/PG, Cut Off, Merit List, Interviews, Counselling
IISC 2018 Spot Counselling for UG courses on the basis of JEE Main, JEE Advanced & NEET UG score has been organized on 30th July 2018. IISC 2018 Admission is administrated by the IISc (Indian Institute of Science). It offers advanced scientific and technological research and education in the country. IISc does not conduct any entrance test for providing admission. It only organize aptitude test & interview for PG & research courses. This institution offers UG, PG, Research & Ph.D courses in various fields. Admission into these courses is done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, KVPY and other examinations. Here we are providing details about IISc Admission 2018 including interview, dates, counselling, etc.
IISc 2018 Notification – Spot Counselling on 30th July
IISC 2018 Spot Counselling for UG courses on the basis of JEE Main, JEE Advanced & NEET Scores is organized on 30th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
IISC 2018 Counselling (3rd Round) for UG courses on the basis of JEE Main, JEE Advanced & NEET Scores is organized on 13th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
IISC 2018 Cut Off for UG courses on the basis of JEE Advanced, JEE Main & NEET UG has been released now. Check here for cut off details.
IISC 2018 Counselling for UG courses on the basis of JEE Main & NEET Scores has been organized on 29th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
IISC 2018 Cut Off for UG courses on the basis of JEE Main & NEET UG has been released now. Check here for cut off details.
IISC 2018 Counselling for UG courses on the basis of KVPY streams has been organized on 1st June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
IISC 2018 Cut Off for UG courses on the basis of KVPY streams has been released now. Check here for cut off details.
IISC 2018 Interview for Integrated Ph.D programmes has been organized on 28th to 30th May 2018.
IISC 2018 Application Form can be filled till 30th April 2018 (For UG courses).Check here for application form.
IISC 2018 Application Form for PG courses has been closed now. Last date to update the National Level Exams scores is 30th April 2018.Check here for application details.
Click here to check IISc 2018 Admission Notice (UG).
Click here to check IISc 2018 Admission Notice (PG).
- UG Courses: 4 years Bachelor of Science (Research). Veterinary Sciences
- Research Courses: Ph.D./ M.Tech (Research).
- PG Courses: M.Tech/M.Des/M.Mgt.
- Integrated Ph D Programmes.
- Ph D – External Registration Programmes (ERP).
IISc Important Dates 2018
Here we have mentioned the official dates of IISc UG & PG courses:
For UG Courses:
|Application form release||1st February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||30th April 2018|
|Last date to update the scores of KVPY/IIT-JEE (Main) / IIT-JEE (Advance)/ NEET examinations||Within 1 week from the date of declaration of result|
|Reporting at IISc||Last week of July 2018|
For PG Courses:
|Application form release||1st February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||26th March 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Sponsored/ERP applications||28th March 2018 (upto 5:30 PM)|
|Last date to update the scores of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/UGC NET for JRF/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/JEST examinations||30th April 2018|
|Aptitude Test/Interview for M.Tech & M.Mgt courses||16th May 2018, 17th-18th May 2018, 16th-18th April 2018|
|Aptitude test & interview for M.Tech / M.Des (regular) programmes||14th-16th May 2018|
|Interdisciplinary programmes in Bioengineering, Energy, Mathematical Sciences, Nanoscience & Engineering, Water Research, Cyber Physical Systems, Climate Change.||19th & 20th May 2018|
|Research programmes||21st-25th May 2018|
|Integrated Ph D programmes||28th-30th May 2018|
|Date of Reporting at IISc:||24th July 2018 (Course programmes (Regular and Sponsored))|
25th July 2018 (Research programmes)
26th July 2018 (Integrated Ph D programmes and ERP)
|Commencement of Classes||1st August 2018|
IISc Admission (Selection Procedure)
Here we are providing the selection/admission procedure of various courses in IISc:
Candidates have to qualify the following examination for admission in UG courses:
- KVPY: KVPY-SA students appeared in 2016 & selected for the Fellowship, KVPY (SB & SX) aspirants appeared in 2017, and selected for the Fellowship and KVPY students shorlisted through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST students.
- JEE Main & JEE Advanced: Students appearing in 2018 & must have obtained minimum 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH).
- NEET: Candidates appearing in 2018 & secured minimum 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH).
- M.Tech: Admission to the M.Tech programme will be done on the basis of GATE 2016/2017/2018 scores. In case of candidates have equal GATE score their performance in the qualifying exam will be judged for tie-breaking.
- M.Des: Admission to M.Des courses will be made on the basis of GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 score and a design aptitude test and interview. The design & aptitude test will be conducted at the institution. Final selection will be made on the basis of above-mentioned admission rounds.
IISC Admission 2019 will be organized for admission to the various UG, PG and PG Research courses. It is a national level admission process managed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC). No entrance exam will be conducted for these courses. The admission into these courses will be done through JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, CEED, JAM, KVPY and GATE exams scores.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
IISc Application Form 2018
- The IISC 2018 application form is available through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill and submit the application through the official website.
- Firstly, candidates have to register with their e-mail address and password to begin the application procedure.
- After registration, fill all the required details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, signature of your parent/guardian & caste certificate (if applicable).
- Now, make the fee payment via online mode.
- Before submitting the final application, candidates are advised to check the application form carefully.
- Don’t forget to take printouts of the application for further use.
- The payment can be done through Net banking, Visa Card/Master Card and Debit/Credit Cards.
- Candidates also have to pay additional bank charges.
- The application fee for UG & PG courses is mentioned below:
|UG courses||GEN/OBC/KM||Rs. 500/-|
|PG courses||General / OBC and Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA PWD and CPRI||Rs. 800/-|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 400/-|
|ERP candidates (All categories)||Rs. 2000/-|
Students are advised to check the eligibility before applying for any course. Here we have mentioned the eligibility for various courses:
- Qualification: Students must have completed 12th/ PUC II in 2017 from any recognized board.
- Appearing: Candidates expecting to complete their II PUC /12th Standard in 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Subjects: Students must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying exam.
- Percentage: Candidates should have obtained 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates).
- Examination: Must have qualified KVPY/JEE Main/ JEE Advance or NEET.
- Qualification for M.Tech: Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology.
- Qualification for M.Des: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Design/Architecture.
- Examination (M.Tech): Students must hold valid GATE 2016/2017/2018 scorecard as on 1st August 2018.
- Examination (M.Des): Students should hold a GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 score as on 1st August 2018.
- Qualification: Students should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree from any recognized college.
- Examination: Students must have qualified the GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CAT 2017 or GMAT score examination.
For any other details about IISC Admission 2018, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.