IISc Admission 2020: Application (Started), Dates, Eligibility Criteria
IISc Admission 2020 Application Form can be filled till 23rd March 2020 for PG courses. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) provides admission in various UG, PG and Ph.D level courses. Admission to the eligible candidates will be provided in the scientific and technological research fields on the basis of scores of JEE Main, JEE Advanced, CEED, JAM, NEET and other national tests. For admission into M.Des course, candidates will be selected based on GATE/CEED Score following a design aptitude test and interview. Also, candidates have to appear for GD and PI interview rounds after getting shortlisted based on GATE/CAT/GMAT Scores to get admission in M.Tech and M.Mgt programmes. Check more details like exam dates, application details, pattern, syllabus, etc. through our article of IISc Admission 2020.
IISc 2020 Admission Notifications – Application Till 23rd Mar
IISc Admission 2020 Application Form can be filled till 23rd March 2020 for PG courses. Check here for application details.
IISc 2020 Important Dates
Candidates must check official IISc Admission Dates below for various events:
For UG Courses:
|Starting date of Application form||1st February 2020|
|Submission of application form||30th April 2020|
|Last date of submission of scores ( KVPY, IIT JEE Main, IIT JEE Advanced, NEET)||15th April 2020|
For PG & Ph.D Courses:
|Starting date of Application form||1st February 2020|
|Submission of application form||23rd March 2020|
|Last date to apply for Research Programmes (M.Tech. (Research)/Ph.D.)||6th April 2020|
|M Tech/ M Des programmes Aptitude test||13th to 15th April 2020|
|M.Mgt GD & Interview rounds||13th to 15th April 2020|
|M.Tech programme (Sponsored from ISRO, NAL etc)||13th May 2020|
|M Tech programme (Sponsored from Defence & DRDO)||14th to 15th May 2020|
|Interdisciplinary courses||16th & 17th May 2020|
|Research Programmes||18th to 22nd May 2020|
|Integrated Ph.d programme||26th to 28th May 2020|
|Date of Reporting at IISC:|
|Course programmes (Regular and Sponsored)||21st July 2020|
|Research programmes||22nd July 2020|
|Integrated Ph D, Sponsored M Tech ERP programmes||23rd July 2020|
|Starting of Classes||3rd August 2020|
IISc 2020 Application Form
Candidates must check the following details regarding IISc 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode.
- IISc 2020 Application form has been released on 1st February 2020 for both UG & PG courses.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of signature & passport size photograph. Also students are required to upload mark sheet of Class 10th& 12th.
- The Application process will consist of steps – Online registration, filling details, uploading of images and payment of application fee.
- Candidates must make sure that all the details in the form are filled correctly as no modification will be allowed later.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the IISc 2020 Application Form fee through online mode.
- Online application fee can be paid via credit card, debit card, visa or master card, or net-banking.
The application fee will differ according to courses. Details of fee for UG & PG courses are:
|For UG Courses|
|For PG Courses|
|General / OBC and Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA PWD and CPRI||Rs.800|
|SC, ST & PWD||Rs.400|
|ERP candidates of all categories||Rs.2000|
|Sponsored candidates from defense, BARC, ISRO, CPRI, NAL, BMTC, BDA PWD and DRDO||Rs.800|
IISc 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following details to know both UG & PG Course wise IISC Eligibility Criteria:
For UG Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination in the year 2019.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Percentage: Candidates must have obtained 60% marks in the qualifying examination. No marks are prescribed for ST/SC candidates (only passed candidates eligible).
- Appearing: Candidates who will be appearing in their 12th level in 2020 will be eligible.
- Scorecard: Candidates must have a valid KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advance or NEET Scorecard.
For PG Course (M.Tech):
- Qualification: Candidates must hold Bachelor’s Degree (B.E/ B.Tech) in the field of Technology/ Engineering.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their degree are also eligible.
- Scorecard: Candidates must have a valid score-card/ result of GATE 2018/2019/2020.
For PG Course (M.Mgt):
- Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.E/ B.Tech) or equivalent in Technology/Engineering from a recognized board.
- Scorecard: Candidates must have valid score card of GATE 2018/ 2019/ 2020, CAT 2019 or GMAT.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
IISc 2020 Rank List
After the application process, the merit list will be announced based on the performance of the candidates in the national level entrance exam. Candidates will have to qualify any one of the test among – KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, GATE, CAT, CEED, CSIR-UGC NET/ JRF, JAM, DBT JRF, ICMR JRF, JEST to be eligible for admission in various courses.
For M.Des and M.Tech (Electronics System Engg, Climate Science, Computational Science, Earth Science, Electrical Engineering) courses, students have to qualify the aptitude test after being shortlisted based on GATE Scores.
Separate IISC merit list will be prepared by the board for the candidates belonging to different reserved categories. Candidates will be called for process of interview on the basis of merit list.
IISc 2020 Cut Off
IISc 2020 Cut Off will be released through online mode for various categories. Cut-off will be the minimum marks which students have to score to qualify the examination.
IISC cut off will be based on no. of students applying for exam, difficulty level, previous year cut-off trends, etc.
The board will publish the cut-off rank for various programmes. It will vary for every category. The expected cut-off for UG Course will be 60% for General Category candidates, 54% for OBC-NCL and 30% for ST, SC and PWD candidates.
IISc 2020 Admission
IISc 2020 Admission will be done as per the selection procedure of various courses. For IISC admission into various courses, selection will be done through national level scores followed by interview rounds.
However, admission into M.Tech (certain fields) and M.Des will be done through aptitude test and interview after being shortlisted through GATE/CEED scores.
Candidates who will be eligible based on scores will be shortlisted in the merit list released by board online.
To fill the preferences and get seats allotted, candidates have to register through Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP).
Candidates will have to bring following documents during admission time for verification:
- Passing Certificate & Mark sheet of 10th & 12th level
- Qualifying Exam Degree
- Admit card of qualifying exam
- Score-card of qualifying exam
- Resent passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate, etc.
If you have any other query regarding IISc Admission 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.