IIST Admission 2020: Application, Dates, Merit List, Allotment (Released)
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Allotment has been released for PG courses. Rank List for PG (non- interview) courses has been released 17th July 2020. List of Shortlisted Candidates for Interview (Video Conferencing) has been released for PG courses. For UG courses, the application is starting soon. It will be conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. IIST is an autonomous institution established under the UGC Act. This institute is affiliated to ISRO. The institution offers admission into UG and PG courses in the field of space technology, space sciences and space applications. IIST offers admission on the basis of scores of national level exams for like JEE Main, JEE Advance, GATE, JEST, UGC NET etc. No entrance test will be organized by the institution for admission into the courses. Details regarding the admission dates, application form, eligibility etc. of IIST Admission 2020 can be checked by the candidates in the provided article.
IIST Admission 2020 Notifications – Seat Allotment Released
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Allotment has been released for PG courses. Check here for allotment details.
IIST Admission 2020 Rank List for PG (non- interview) courses has been released 17th July 2020. Check here for merit list details.
IIST 2020 Cut Off has been released for M.Tech/ MS admissions through GATE Scores. Check here for cut off details.
IIST Admission 2020 Application Form for UG courses is releasing soon.
IIST admits candidates in various UG/PG courses. Some of them are listed below:
- Four-year B.Tech in Physical Sciences
- Four-year B.Tech in Avionics
- Four-year B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, etc.
- M.Tech in Soft Computing & Machine Learning
- M.Tech in RF & Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech in Geo informatics
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Machine Learning & Computing
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology
- M.Tech in VLSI & Microsystems
- M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology, etc.
5-Year Dual Degree (B. Tech + M.Sc/M.Tech):
- Master of Science (Astronomy and Astrophysics)
- Master of Technology (Earth System Science)
- Master of Science (Solid State Physics)
- Master of Technology (Optical Engineering), etc.
IIST Admission 2020 Dates
IIST Admission 2020 official dates are given below for UG and PG courses offered by the institution:
|Online Registration Start||15th May 2020|
|Online Registration Close||8th June 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fee||8th June 2020|
|Display of shortlisted candidates For interview (Video Conferencing)||19th June 2020|
|Display of rank list for PG courses (Non- interview branches)||17th July 2020|
|Display of shortlisted rank list PG programmes based on GATE scores and interview||22nd July 2020|
|Date of Reporting at the Institution||28th August 2020|
|Starting of Classes for all PG courses||1st September 2020|
|PG Admission Closes||14th September 2020|
|Online Registration Start||July 2020|
|Online Registration Close||July 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fee||July 2020|
|Publication of Rank list||July 2020|
|Interview (For PG)||July 2020|
|Interview Result Declaration (For PG)||July 2020|
|Counselling Starts from||July 2020|
IIST Admission 2020 Application Form
Know various details of application form of IIST Admission 2020 below:
- For PG courses, IIST 2020 Application Form has been made available online for the candidates.
- For UG courses, candidates can apply from July 2020 and for PG courses candidates can apply from 15th May 2020.
- Candidates have to follow various steps of application process – Registration, Filling details in the application form, uploading of images and making fee payment.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and caste certificate (if required) in the specified format.
- Candidates are advised to take print out of both the application form and fee receipt for further process of admission.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their application fee debit/credit card or via net banking.
Check table below for application fee for various categories:
|Up to 3 preferences (Within or across all departments)|
|General/ OBC/ EWS (Male candidates)||Rs.600|
|ST/ SC/ PD & All Female candidates||Rs.300|
|For 4 to max 6 preferences (Within or across all departments)|
|General/ OBC/ EWS (Male candidates)||Rs.1200|
|ST/ SC/ PD & All Female candidates||Rs.600|
|ST/SC/PD and female General & OBC candidates||Rs.125|
|Male General /OBC candidates||Rs.600|
IIST Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check IIST Admission 2020 eligibility criteria for various courses below:
For UG Courses/ Dual Degree Course:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for the admission.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 12th with 75% aggregate marks (for SC/ST/PD candidates 65% marks) from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Age: Candidates of General and OBC category must be born on or after October 1, 1995 and candidates of SC/ST/PD must be born on after October 1, 1990.
- JEE Score: Candidate must have appeared in JEE Advanced test and must have scored qualifying marks in aggregate as well as in each subject.
For PG Courses:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate should be maximum 32 years as on 8th June 2020. Age relaxation will be given to SC/ ST/ PD category candidates as per the orders of Govt. of India. No age relaxation is provided to OBC/ women & EWS candidates.
- Minimum Qualification: Student must possess BE/B. Tech/ M. Sc or equivalent degree as per the branch chosen by the candidate.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10 of general category. For reserved category, minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA out of 10 is required.
- Score Card: Candidate must have valid score card of any one of GATE/JEST/UGC NET in their relevant area.
IIST Admission 2020 Merit List
IIST Admission 2020 Merit List will be declared by online mode after the completion of registration process. Candidates can check their rank with the help of registration number and password. For UG courses merit list will be declared on the website in the third week of July/ August 2020. IIST Merit list will be based on the score of JEE (Advanced).
For PG courses merit list has been declared on 19th June 2020. Merit list will be based on the national level exam score cards secured by the candidates. Candidates can download their rank card from the website.
Name of the candidates in the merit list doesn’t assure for admission. Only those candidates will get admission who will complete all the processes successfully.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Reservation
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Reservation will be done for the eligible candidates belonging to various categories. This relaxed criterion is as per the norms of government of India which is given below in the table:
|Categories||Reserved seats (In percent)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||5%|
IIST Admission 2020 Interview
Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for IIST Admission 2020 Interview. Interview will be conducted for PG courses only. Interview has been started from 22nd June 2020. Candidates will deal with some personal and educational questions here.
A written test for the candidates instead of interview for some courses may be conducted. The University will clarify the candidates online in the call letter which process will be conducted for which course. Candidates are advised to carry their documents for the process of interview.
IIST Admission 2020 Counselling
IIST Admission 2020 Counselling for UG will has been started for PG courses. Candidates for PG courses will be called for counselling based on the result of interview while for UG course candidates will be called based on merit list. Candidates have to download their counselling letter.
During the process of IIST counselling, candidates can choose their branch as per their choice of courses available in the university. Counselling will be held online but candidates need to visit the counselling venue for the process of counselling.
Candidates are advised to carry their original documents and a set of photocopies of originals for the process of counselling. After the successful completion of counselling, candidates will be called for the process of admission. Documents listed below are required during the counselling process:
- Educational Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (if needed)
- Score card of the national level exam
- Admit card of the exam through which candidate is applying
- Printed application form of IIST 2020
IIST 2020 Admission Procedure
After the successful completion of counselling, IIST 2020 Admission Procedure will start. Candidates are required to visit the university for the process of admission. Candidates will be required to submit the fee of the applied course.
In case candidates does not pay course fee within stipulated time period, then their candidature will get cancelled by the officials automatically.
If any candidate has any query regarding IIST Admission 2020, he/she can ask query in the comments section given below.