IIST Admission 2020: Counselling (Started), Allotment, Rank List (Out)
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Allotment (UG) has been started from 12th October 2020. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. IIST is an autonomous institution established under the UGC Act. This institute is affiliated to ISRO. The institution offers admission into UG and PG courses in the field of space technology, space sciences and space applications. IIST offers admission on the basis of scores of national level exams for like JEE Main, JEE Advance, GATE, JEST, UGC NET etc. No entrance test will be organized by the institution for admission into the courses. Details regarding the admission dates, application form, eligibility etc. of IIST Admission 2020 can be checked by the candidates in the provided article.
IIST Admission 2020 Notifications – Seat Allotment Started (UG)
Get Complete updates of IST 2020 admission and counselling from here. Click here to view details.
IIST 2020 UG Seat Allotment has been started from 12th October 2020. Check here for details details.
IIST Admission 2021 cum interview will be conducted in the month of May 2021. Get more details about IIST Admission 2021 here.
IIST Admission 2020 Eligibility criteria has been revised. Minimum qualifying marks has been relaxed for the year 2020. Check details below.
IIST admits candidates in various UG/PG courses. Some of them are listed below:
- Four-year B.Tech in Physical Sciences
- Four-year B.Tech in Avionics
- Four-year B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering, etc.
- M.Tech in Soft Computing & Machine Learning
- M.Tech in RF & Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech in Geo informatics
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech in Machine Learning & Computing
- M.Tech in Solid State Technology
- M.Tech in VLSI & Microsystems
- M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology, etc.
Admissions Closing Shortly
5-Year Dual Degree (B. Tech + M.Sc/M.Tech):
- Master of Science (Astronomy and Astrophysics)
- Master of Technology (Earth System Science)
- Master of Science (Solid State Physics)
- Master of Technology (Optical Engineering), etc.
IIST Admission 2020 Dates
IIST Admission 2020 official dates are given below for UG and PG courses offered by the institution:
|Starting of online registration and filling- in branch preferences||27th September 2020|
|Online Registration Close||7th October 2020|
|Publication of IIST admission rank list||8th October 2020|
|Closing date for modification of branch preferences||9th October 2020|
|Seat allotment/ acceptance round||From 12th October 2020|
|Re-validation of registration of waiting list candidates||Re-validation I- 21st October 2020|
Re-validation II- 2nd November 2020
|Joining IIST||16th November 2020|
|Spot admission notification (if required)||16th November 2020|
|Spot admission registration (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after last round of seat allotment||16th to 18th November 2020|
|Spot admission registration- online (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after last round of seat allotment||18th November 2020|
|Closing of admission joining IIST||20th November 2020|
|Commencement of classes||23rd November 2020|
|Induction programme||18th to 22nd November 2020|
|Online Registration Start||15th May 2020|
|Online Registration Close||8th June 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fee||8th June 2020|
|Display of shortlisted candidates For interview (Video Conferencing)||19th June 2020|
|Display of rank list for PG courses (Non- interview branches)||17th July 2020|
|Display of shortlisted rank list PG programmes based on GATE scores and interview||22nd July 2020|
|Date of Reporting at the Institution||28th August 2020|
|Starting of Classes for all PG courses||1st September 2020|
|PG Admission Closes||14th September 2020|
IIST Admission 2020 Merit List
IIST Admission 2020 Merit List has been released by online mode after the completion of registration process. Candidates can check their rank with the help of registration number and password. For UG courses merit list has been declared on the website on 9th October 2020 (UG). IIST Merit list is prepared based on the score of JEE (Advanced).
For PG courses merit list has been released on 19th June 2020. Merit list is prepared based on the national level exam score cards secured by the candidates. Candidates can download their rank card from the website.
Name of the candidates in the merit list doesn’t assure for admission. Only those candidates can get admission who have completed all the processes successfully.
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Reservation
IIST Admission 2020 Seat Reservation can be done for the eligible candidates belonging to various categories. This relaxed criterion is as per the norms of government of India which is given below in the table:
|Categories||Reserved seats (In percent)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||5%|
IIST Admission 2020 Counselling
IIST Admission 2020 Counselling has been started for PG courses and for UG (Seat Allotment) will be released from 12th October 2020. Candidates for PG courses will be called for counselling based on the result of interview while for UG course candidates will be called based on merit list. Candidates have to download their counselling letter.
During the process of IIST counselling, candidates can choose their branch as per their choice of courses available in the university. Counselling will be held online but candidates need to visit the counselling venue for the process of counselling.
Candidates are advised to carry their original documents and a set of photocopies of originals for the process of counselling. After the successful completion of counselling, candidates will be called for the process of admission. Documents listed below are required during the counselling process:
- Educational Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (if needed)
- Score card of the national level exam
- Admit card of the exam through which candidate is applying
- Printed application form of IIST 2020
IIST Admission 2020 Interview
Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for IIST Admission 2020 Interview. Interview will be conducted for PG courses only. Interview has been started from 22nd June 2020. Candidates will deal with some personal and educational questions here.
A written test for the candidates instead of interview for some courses may be conducted. The University will clarify the candidates online in the call letter which process will be conducted for which course. Candidates are advised to carry their documents for the process of interview.
IIST 2020 Admission Procedure
After the successful completion of counselling, IIST 2020 Admission Procedure will start. Candidates are required to visit the university for the process of admission. Candidates will be required to submit the fee of the applied course.
In case candidates does not pay course fee within stipulated time period, then their candidature will get cancelled by the officials automatically.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIST Admission 2020 Application Form
Know various details of application form of IIST Admission 2020 below:
- For PG courses, IIST 2020 Application Form has been made available online for the candidates.
- For UG courses, candidates can apply from 27th September 2020 and for PG courses candidates can apply from 15th May 2020.
- Candidates have to follow various steps of application process – Registration, Filling details in the application form, uploading of images and making fee payment.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and caste certificate (if required) in the specified format.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 7th October 2020 for UG courses.
- Candidates are advised to take print out of both the application form and fee receipt for further process of admission.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their application fee through online mode via debit/credit card or net banking.
Check table below for application fee for various categories:
|Male candidates in General/ OBC- NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|Female candidates in General EWS & OBC- NCL||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ ST/ PD candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|Up to 3 preferences (Within or across all departments)|
|General/ OBC/ EWS (Male candidates)||Rs.600|
|ST/ SC/ PD & All Female candidates||Rs.300|
|For 4 to max 6 preferences (Within or across all departments)|
|General/ OBC/ EWS (Male candidates)||Rs.1200|
|ST/ SC/ PD & All Female candidates||Rs.600|
IIST Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check IIST Admission 2020 eligibility criteria for various courses below:
For UG Courses/ Dual Degree Course:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for the admission.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised board/university.
- Marks Criteria: Minimum qualifying marks has been relaxed for the year 2020.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Age: Candidates of General and OBC category must be born on or after October 1, 1995 and candidates of SC/ST/PD must be born on after October 1, 1990.
- JEE Score: Candidate must have appeared in JEE Advanced test and must have scored qualifying marks in aggregate as well as in each subject.
- Marks Criteria in JEE Advanced: General category candidates must have passed at least 20% aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics).
- EWS/ OBC- NCL category candidates must obtain minimum 18% aggregate and 4.5% marks in each of three subject. SC/ ST candidates should secure 10% aggregate and at least 2.5% aggregate in each of three subject.
For PG Courses:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate should be maximum 32 years as on 8th June 2020. Age relaxation will be given to SC/ ST/ PD category candidates as per the orders of Govt. of India. No age relaxation is provided to OBC/ women & EWS candidates.
- Minimum Qualification: Student must possess BE/B. Tech/ M. Sc or equivalent degree as per the branch chosen by the candidate.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have minimum 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 out of 10 of general category. For reserved category, minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA out of 10 is required.
- Score Card: Candidate must have valid score card of any one of GATE/JEST/UGC NET in their relevant area.
If any candidate has any query regarding IIST Admission 2020, he/she can ask query in the comments section given below.