IIT JAM 2022: Application (Released), Exam Dates (Out), Eligibility, Pattern
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form has been released on 25th August 2021. Joint Admission test for Master’s (JAM 2022) is the national level entrance examination conducted by the various Indian Institute of Sciences and IITs in a rotational shift. This year examination will be conducted by the IIT, Roorkee. The exam will be conducted for the candidates seeking admission in full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at the IISc. Here, through this article we have provided the complete details candidates need to know regarding IIT JAM 2022 Admission.
IIT JAM 2022 Notifications – Application Out
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form has been released on 25th August 2021. Check Here for application details.
IIT JAM 2022 Notification has been released. The exam will be held on 13th February 2022. Check other details from below.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Dates
Following are the complete exam dates of IIT JAM 2022:
|Starting of online application form||25th August 2021|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||11th October 2021|
|Commencement of correction||October 2021|
|Admit card release||4th January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 exam date||13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key||March 2022|
|Announcement of result||22nd March 2022|
|Score Card||1st April to 31st July 2022|
|Submission of application for admission||11th to 25th April 2022|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||4th May 2022|
|Declaration of first admission list||1st June 2022|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||16th June 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||25th June 2022|
|Declaration of 4th admission list||5th July 2022|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2022||11th July 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form
Here following are the complete details regarding the IIT JAM Application form 2022:
- The Application form has been made available through online mode.
- Candidates must have to confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination, as only eligible candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- The Application Form has been made available on 25th August 2021.
- Candidates must will have to submit the application form with correct and valid details only though authority will provide the correction facility later.
- The IIT JAM correction facility will be applicable from October 2021 for few fields only.
- Candidates must submit the application form before 11th October 2021, as authority will not accept any application form after the last date of submission.
- Candidates should keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. Candidates are able to pay the application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking gateways.
IIT JAM 2022 Application fee will be as follows:
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
Here candidates can confirm their eligibility for IIT JAM 2022 Examination:
- Nationality: Both Indian as well as Foreign nationals candidates can apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates should be the bachelor’s degree holder in relevant field from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: In the qualifying degree, the candidate should have aggregate marks of at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s in 2022 can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete IIT JAM exam pattern:
- No. of Questions: There will be 60 questions in question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours will be allotted to the candidates to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Questions will be in Multiple choice (MCQ), Multiple Select question (MSQ) and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in English language only.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted through online mode by CBT mode.
- Papers: There will be total 7 subjects including the newly added paper of Economics in last year.
- Total Marks: The question paper contain total of 100 marks.
- NegativeMarking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
Here, following are the complete section wise details of IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern:
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2022 will be comprise of all relevant science subjects. The questions will be asked from Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Geology etc.
Following are the subject wise IIT JAM 2022 syllabus is mentioned below:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
Chemistry section will contain the questions from solid state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bio inorganic chemistry, basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics etc. topics.
It include probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, palaeontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2022 Preparation Tips
Following are some effective IIT JAM preparation tips for better preparation:
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Go through the Exam pattern and Syllabus.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year question papers.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
Admit card will be an important document to be carried out in the examination hall as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without admit card. The admit card will be made available from 4th January 2022.
IIT JAM Admit card will be released by the exam conducting authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
Authority will not send any admit card to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key
The Answer key will be released after few days from the completion of examination. Candidates will be able to check their final answer key from March 2022 through the website of exam conducting authority.
The Answer Key will contain all the correct answers of every asked question in the examination. As the final Result of IIT JAM 2022 will be prepare on the basis of final answer key so with the help of Answer key, candidates will be able to predict their marks even before the declaration of result.
IIT JAM 2022 Result
The result will be released by the exam conducting authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their result from the 22nd March 2022. Candidates can download their score card from 1st April to 31st July 2022.
Authority will not send any result to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates will have to download their itself by entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Authority will release the result for every exam participated candidates individually. Candidates are advise to keep their result safe till the completion of admission procedure as result will be the important document at the time of counselling.
IIT JAM 2022 Merit List
Merit list will be released by the authority after few days from the declaration of result. IIT JAM merit list 2022 will be released at All Indian level. For each test paper, authority will assign an All India Rank (AIR) to the candidates based on their performance in the test paper.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of various aspects including the average marks scored by candidates, category of candidates etc. The priority in the admission will be given to the top rank holder first.
IIT JAM 2022 Cut Off
The Cut off marks will be the minimum marks released by the authority for the candidates of every category separately. Each candidates will have to score the above marks (As per their category) to be eligible for the counselling procedure.
After the declaration of cut off marks, authority will call the candidates for participating in the counselling procedure. The counselling will be conducted on the basis of candidates AII India Rank (AIR) rank.
IIT JAM 2022 Counselling
The Counselling Procedure will be conducted by authority from 11h April 2022. The counselling procedure will be conducted for the every exam qualified candidates through online mode.
Authority will conduct the counselling procedure in various rounds based on the availability of seats after each round of counselling. The Admission in offered programs will be provided on the basis of candidates rank in the rank list.
Each candidates will have to report physically in the allotted centres to confirm their admission otherwise allotted seat will be refer to another eligible candidate. In order to confirm the admission, candidates will have to complete all the formalities including the Document verification, Fee Payment etc.
If you have any other query regarding IIT JAM 2022, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.