IIT JAM 2022: Counselling (Started), Admission List (Out), Cut Off (Out)
IIT JAM 2022 Offer Letters have been released from various admitting institutions. Fourth Admission List & Cut Off has been released. Joint Admission test for Master’s (JAM 2022) is the national level entrance examination conducted by the various Indian Institute of Sciences and IITs in a rotational shift. This year examination has been conducted by the IIT, Roorkee. The exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission in full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Programmes at the IISc. Here, through this article we have provided the complete details candidates need to know regarding IIT JAM Admission 2022.
IIT JAM 2022 Notifications
IIT JAM 2023 Notification has been released. Get all exam details and latest updates about IIT JAM 2023 from here.
Get complete updates of IIT JAM 2022 Admission & counselling Procedure from here. Click here to view details.
IIT JAM 2022 Offer Letters have been released from various admitting institutions through login. Click Here to get offer letters.
Note: Candidates who have offer letters should report to the admitting institute with required documents.
IIT JAM 2022 Highlights
When is the fourth admission list releasing of IIT JAM 2022 ? Released, On 6th July 2022, Check admission details
Is the fourth & final cut off list out of IIT JAM 2022 ? Released, On 6th July 2022, Check cut off details
What is the last date of admission form submission for IIT JAM 2022 ? Over till 11th May 2022, Check counselling details
When were the result of IIT JAM 2022 announced ? Declared on 17th March, Check result details
When can I download the answer keys & question papers of IIT JAM 2022 ? Released on February 2022, Check answer key details
When was the IIT JAM 2022 exam conducted ? On 13th February 2022
For how many papers the IIT JAM 2022 has been conducted ? 7 subjects (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics & Economics)
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Dates
Following are the complete exam dates of IIT JAM 2022:
|Starting of online application form||25th August 2021|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||14th October 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||17th October 2021|
|Commencement of correction||20th to 25th October 2021|
|Admit card release||16th January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 exam date||13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key||17th March 2022|
|Announcement of result||17th March 2022|
|Score Card||1st April to 31st July 2022|
|Submission of application for admission||9th April to 11th May 2022|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||12th May 2022|
|Declaration of first admission list||1st June 2022|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||14th June 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||25th June 2022|
|Declaration of 4th & final admission list||6th July 2022|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2022||11th July 2022|
IIT JAM 2022 Counselling
The Counselling Procedure is being conducted by authority from 9th April 2022. The counselling procedure is conducted for the every exam qualified candidates through online mode.
Authority conducts the counselling procedure in various rounds based on the availability of seats after each round of counselling. The Admission in offered programs will be provided on the basis of candidates rank in the rank list.
Each candidates have to report physically in the allotted centres to confirm their admission otherwise allotted seat will be refer to another eligible candidate. In order to confirm the admission, candidates have to complete all the formalities including the Document verification, Fee Payment etc.
IIT JAM 2022 Answer Key
The Answer key has been released after few days from the completion of examination. Candidates can check their final answer key from 17th March 2022 through the website of exam conducting authority.
The Answer Key contain all the correct answers of every asked question in the examination. As the final Result of IIT JAM 2022 is prepared on the basis of final answer key so with the help of Answer key, candidates can predict their marks even before the declaration of result.
IIT JAM 2022 Result
The result has been released by the exam conducting authority through online mode. Candidates can download their result from the 22nd March 2022. Candidates can download their score card from 1st April to 31st July 2022.
Authority does not send any result to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates have to download their itself by entering their Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Authority has released the result for every exam participated candidates individually. Candidates are advise to keep their result safe till the completion of admission procedure as result is the important document at the time of counselling.
IIT JAM 2022 Merit List
Merit list has been released by the authority after few days from the declaration of result. IIT JAM merit list 2022 will be released at All Indian level. For each test paper, authority assign an All India Rank (AIR) to the candidates based on their performance in the test paper.
The merit list is prepared on the basis of various aspects including the average marks scored by candidates, category of candidates etc. The priority in the admission is given to the top rank holder first.
IIT JAM 2022 Cut Off
The Cut off marks are the minimum marks released by the authority for the candidates of every category separately. Each candidates have to score the above marks (As per their category) to be eligible for the counselling procedure.
After the declaration of cut off marks, authority will call the candidates for participating in the counselling procedure. The counselling is conducted on the basis of candidates AII India Rank (AIR) rank.
IIT JAM 2022 Admit Card
Admit card is an important document to be carried out in the examination hall as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without admit card. The admit card has been made available from 16th January 2022.
IIT JAM Admit card has been released by the exam conducting authority through online mode. Candidates can download their admit card by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
Authority will not send any admit card to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete IIT JAM exam pattern:
- No. of Questions: There will be 60 questions in question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours will be allotted to the candidates to complete the examination.
- Question Type: Questions will be in Multiple choice (MCQ), Multiple Select question (MSQ) and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in English language only.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted through online mode by CBT mode.
- Papers: There will be total 7 subjects including the newly added paper of Economics in last year.
- Total Marks: The question paper contain total of 100 marks.
- NegativeMarking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
Here, following are the complete section wise details of IIT JAM 2022 Exam Pattern:
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2022 comprise of all relevant science subjects. The questions are asked from Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Geology etc.
Following are the subject wise IIT JAM 2022 syllabus is mentioned below:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
Chemistry section will contain the questions from solid state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bio inorganic chemistry, basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics etc. topics.
It include probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, palaeontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2022 Preparation Tips
Following are some effective IIT JAM preparation tips for better preparation:
- Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus on the study.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it strictly.
- Go through the Exam pattern and Syllabus.
- Keep the proper balance between games and study.
- Go through the mock tests and previous year question papers.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form
Here following are the complete details regarding the IIT JAM Application form 2022:
- The Application form has been made available through online mode.
- Candidates must have to confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination, as only eligible candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- The Application Form has been made available on 25th August 2021.
- Candidates must will have to submit the application form with correct and valid details only though authority will provide the correction facility later.
- The IIT JAM correction facility is applicable from 20th October to 25th October 2021 for few fields only.
- Candidates must submit the application form before 14th October 2021, as authority will not accept any application form after the last date of submission.
- Candidates should keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee can only be submitted through online mode. Candidates are able to pay the application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking gateways.
IIT JAM 2022 Application fee will be as follows:
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
Here candidates can confirm their eligibility for IIT JAM 2022 Examination:
- Nationality: Both Indian as well as Foreign nationals candidates can apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates should be bachelor’s degree holder in relevant field with minimal educational qualifications (MEQs) from any recognized university.
- Required Marks: As per the newly changes made in the eligibility requirement, the percentage of aggregate marks or CGPA/ CPI in qualifying degree has been relaxed to JUST PASS. Students are required to submit their proof of passing the qualifying degree by 30th September, 2022.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination of bachelor’s in 2022 can also apply for the examination.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
If you have any other query regarding IIT JAM 2022, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.