IIT JAM 2023 Counselling, Admission List & Procedure – Check Here
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling will begin from 11th April 2023. IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a national level exam. It is conducted by the IISc or IITs on rotation basis for candidates those wishing to get admission in IISc and IITs. JAM 2023 is being conducted by IIT, Guwahati. Candidates can get admission in various professional courses like M.Sc (Two years), M.Sc. Ph.D, Joint M.Sc. Ph.D, M.Sc.-M.Tech and other Post-Bachelor Degree courses. In this article, candidates can get the complete detail of IIT JAM Counselling 2023.
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling
For attending the IIT JAM counselling 2023, candidates are required to fill the admission forms. Candidates those qualify in the IIT JAM 2023 cut off marks will be only eligible for the admission.
Candidates have to enter the all details in admission form asked while submission of application form. Based on qualified JAM test papers, candidates will have to add as many numbers of preferences as possible.
On accepting the offer for admission candidate can avail the one of three options which is Accept and Freeze, Accept with Upgrade and reject and Quit.
The organizing authority releases various admission lists. The concerned admitting institutions will send the intimation of admission to each candidate.
IIT JAM Counselling Schedule 2023
Candidates should check this section for counselling schedule details:
|Submission of Application Form for Admission||11th April to 25th April 2023|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||May 2023|
|1st Admission List Declaration||June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for first admission list||June 2023|
|2nd Admission List Declaration||June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for second admission list||June 2023|
|Opening and closing of withdrawal option||June 2023|
|3rd Admission List Declaration||June 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for third admission list||June 2023|
|4th admission list||July 2023|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for fourth/ final admission list||July 2023|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2023||July 2023|
IIT JAM Admission Procedure 2023
Qualified candidates can apply for IIT JAM Admission procedure 2023. Candidates can apply by using their enrollment ID and password on the website. 1st & 2nd admission list will be released in June 2023. Fourth admission list will be released in July 2023.
It is necessary to register on the website for admission. The information will be uploaded on the candidate’s login ID for which paper they have qualified the exam.
Candidates will have to prepare a list of programmes and create the choice list. In admission form, if candidate’s form are found incomplete, their admission will be canceled.
The application fee for admission is Rs. 600. Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode. There will be no need to re-upload the photograph and signature.
Some important points regarding admission:
- Verification of Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) is the mandatory steps towards admission.
- Admission is offered only after the fulfillment of all eligibilities on prescribed dates.
- Admission is provided in order of merit and it will also depend upon the availability of seats at the admitting institutions.
- Without all given below documents, no candidate will be allowed to sit in counselling.
- The admission in IISc Banglore, IISER Bhopal, IISER Pune and CCMN Institutes will NOT be done through common JAM admission process. The candidate must directly apply to these institutes for admissions to their post bachelor programmes.
Documents Mandatory to Produce:
- 10th Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Qualifying Degree
- If completed the degree: Marksheet of all semester/years
- If in final year: Marksheet till last year or semester
- Nationality Certificate for General category:
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID
- First page of passport or School/College Transfer Certificate (CTC)
- Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency
- Other Documents
- Valid category for OBC (NCL), SC, ST candidates
- For PwD candidates, valid PwD certificate
If you have any further queries regarding IIT JAM 2023 Counselling, you can ask us by writing your queries in the given below comment box.