IIT JAM 2025: Application, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
IIT JAM 2025 Notification will be released in the first week of September 2024. Exam will be conducted in the second week of February 2025. In 2025, exam is expected to be held by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay. IIT JAM is conducted on rotational basis by all the IITs every year. This examination is held every year at National Level. It is conducted to provide admission in M.Sc., M.Tech., Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc. PH.D etc .programs. In IIPE, JNCASR, IISc, IISER Pune, IISER Bhopal, the JAM scores are used to provide admission in various postgraduate courses. Over 100 cities in India, the exam is conducted. To appear for IIT JAM 2025 exam, candidates will be required to fill the application form. it will be available through online mode only on the website.
In the article, we have provided the complete details related to IIT JAM 2025 Exam such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam patter, syllabus, etc.
IIT JAM 2025 Overview
|IIT JAM 2025
|Joint Admission Test for Masters
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|Mode of Application
|Once a year
|Duration of Exam
IIT JAM 2025 Exam Dates
Candidates can check out the given tentative dates of IIT JAM 2025 exam:
|Dates 2024 (Tentative)
|Application from starts
|1st week of September 2024
|Last date to submit form
|4th week of October 2024
|Last date for fee payment
|4th week of October 2024
|3rd week of November 2024
|Admit card releases
|1st week of January 2025
|2nd week of February 2025
|Release of provisional answer key
|4th week of February 2025
|Challenge against answer key
|4th week of February 2025
|Announcement of Result
|4th week of March 2025
|Availability of Score Card
|1st week of April 2025
|Portal for admission opens
|2nd week of April 2025
IIT JAM 2025 Application Form
Candidates can check the given section to know the complete details related to IIT JAM 2025 application form:
- Candidates will be able to fill the IIT JAM 2025 application form from the first week of September 2024.
- It will be available through online mode, no other offline method will be provided to fill the form.
- Start registering on JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System) by providing the name, email address, mobile number and setting a password.
- After registration the Enrolment ID and password will be provided to the candidates.
- Applicants are advised to not submit multiple application forms, as it will lead to the rejection from exam.
- Complete the procedure by uploading the photograph, signature, and other required certificates.
- After submitting all the document and fee, candidates are advised to recheck the details filled in the form.
- Submit the form and take a hardcopy of the application form for further usage in future.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through online mode.
- Net Banking, Debit & Credit Card, UPI, online facility will be available to submit the fee.
- Submitted application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Candidates need to submit Rs. 300 apart from the applicable difference in fee for changing exam cities/ Test Papers/ Category/ Gender.
Following is the registration fee for different categories:
|One Test Paper
|Two Test Paper
|Female/ SC/ ST/ PWD
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2025
Here we have provided the complete IIT JAM 2025 apply procedure below:
- Step-1: Go through online website (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: On the homepage, click on the “IIT JAM 2025 Registration” link.
- Step-3: Now start with the registration on JOAPS by entering name, email ID, mobile number.
- Step-4: The Enrolment ID and OTP will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Step-5: Start filling the application form with all the necessary details in it.
- Step-6: Upload the documents such as photograph, signature, and other required documents.
- Step-7: Submit the application fee using online method only.
- Step-8: Recheck the entered details once and submit the application form.
- Step-9: Do not forget to take a hardcopy of the application form for further usage.
IIT JAM 2025 Application Correction
The authority will provide the IIT JAM 2025 application correction facility for limited period of time. Only registered candidates will be able to make changes in the form through online mode. This facility will be available from the third week of November 2024.
In application for, candidates can only makes changes in particular parts such as gender, category, PWD status, and exam centre. After the closing of correction window, no one will be able to make changes in the form. candidates are advised to make their possible changes in the form before the last date.
IIT JAM 2025 Eligibility Criteria
Here we have mentioned the IIT JAM 2025 eligibility criteria which need to be fulfill before filling the form:
- Physical Fitness: At the time of admission, candidates must have a Physical fitness certificate.
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be Indian as well as foreign nationals to apply.
- Those foreign nationals having Indian degree will also be eligible to apply.
We have also mentioned the eligibility criteria below for different courses:
|M.Sc. in Economics (IIT, Delhi)
|Applying candidates must be graduates in BS, B.Sc., B.Com, B.Math., B.Stat., B.Tech.,BE, or equivalent from any recognized university to be eligible.
|M.Sc. in Chemistry
|Candidates having three-year bachelor’s degree with Chemistry subject will be able to apply.
|Joint M.Sc. Ph.D in Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences
|To be eligible, candidates must be graduated in any discipline with Mathematics and Physics with any one of the subjects i.e., Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Computer Applications & Statistics.
|M.Sc. Statistics (IIT, Tirupati)
|Candidates with bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics or Statistics subjects for at least 2 years will be eligible.
|A bachelor’s degree candidates with minimum course duration from any subject/ branch will be eligible to apply.
IIT JAM 2025 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check out the IIT JAM 2025 exam pattern below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through online mode.
- Medium: There will be only English language available.
- Duration: Candidates will be allotted 3 hours to solve the exam.
- Subjects: Total 7 subjects will be referred to test paper.
- Type of Questions: Exam will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Total Questions: 60 questions in total will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: In MCQs section, exam will carry 1-mark questions, MSQs section will consist of 2 marks per question and NAT section will contain one or two marks per question.
- Negative Marking: In MSQs & NAT section, there will be no negative marking. For wring answer to 1 mark question 1/3 marks will be deducted, for wring answer to 2-mark questions 2/3 mark will be deducted.
We have discussed below, the distribution of questions for various sections in exam:
|No. of questions
|Type of questions
|Multiple choice questions
|Multiple choice questions
|Numerical answer type questions
IIT JAM 2025 Syllabus
The syllabus of IIT JAM 2025 will consist of 7 subjects in total to test the basic knowledge of candidates. Applicants will be eligible to download the syllabus in PDF format.
We have also provided the various topics for candidates below:
- Physics: Oscillation, Waves and Optics, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, electricity and Magnetism, modern physics, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Solid state physics, devices and Electronics, Mathematical Methods.
- Biotechnology: Basic Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology, General Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, etc.
- Chemistry: Complex formation, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, resonance, hydrocarbons, alcohols, phenols, mechanism of organic reactions,Amino acids, Bohr’s theory and Schrodinger wave equation, etc.
- Mathematics: Logarithms, complex number, linear and quadratic equations, three-dimensional, Boolean algebra, straight lines and family, differentiation, application of derivatives, circles, exponential and logarithmic series, trigonometry, Sets, Relations and Functions, etc.
- Geology: Planet earth, paleontology, mineralogy, stratigraphy, petrology, Geomorphology, economic geology, structural Geology, applied geology, etc.
- Mathematical Statistics: Integral calculus, matrices and determinants, probability, univariate distributions, multivariate distribution, limit theorems, estimation, testing of hypotheses,sampling distribution, sequences and series of real numbers, etc.
IIT JAM Preparation Tips
In the section below, we have provided the tips & tricks to prepare for the exam:
- Try to choose a good study material from the internet as well as from the books also.
- Make a proper schedule and follow it strictly.
- To prepare for the exam, firstly go through the complete syllabus & pattern.
- Do not forget to check out the last year question paper and sample paper for practice.
- Make a short note and try to revise them on daily basis.
- Don’t take stress and maintain a healthy life.
IIT JAM 2025 Books
Candidates can check the given section to know the topmost important books for studies. With the help of these books, candidates will be able to score well in the examination. We have mentioned books for all the subjects here such as Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Biology, Mathematical Statistics, Economics:
- Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications by Nouredine Zettilli
- Introduction to Solid State Physics by Charles Kittel
- Elementary Solid State Physics by Omar
- Quantitative Analysis by R.A. Day Jr. A.L. Underwood
- Physical Chemistry by Keith J. Laidler, John H. Meiser
- Principles of Physical Chemistry by B.R. Puri, L.R. Sharma, and M.S Pathania
- Inorganic Chemistry by AG Sharpe
- Bioinformatics by Mount David W
- Molecular Clonning by Sambrook and Russei
- Earth’s Changing Surface by MJ Selby
- Abstract Algebra by Bhattacharya, Jain & Nagpal
- Contemporary Abstract Algebra by Gallian
IIT JAM 2025 Exam Centres
In the section below, we have mentioned the exam centers where the IIT JAM 2025 exam will be conducted. Exam centers are: Bengaluru, Bidar, Hassan, Hubballi, Hyderabad, Shimoga, Ahmedabad, Akola, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Rajkot, Surat, Faridabad, Gurugram, Jaipur, Indore, New Delhi, Mathura, Srinagar, Guwahati, Patna, Siliguri, Agra, Bareilly, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Raipur, Ranchi, Bilaspur, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Puducherry, Tirupati, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
IIT JAM 2025 Admit Card
IIT JAM 2025 Admit card will be released in the first week of January 2025. Candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode. No other mode except online will be available to access it. Candidates will be required to enter the login credentials such as application number and password.
It will consist with the details such as name, application number, photograph, signature, exam date, time, venue, address and other details. To appear for the exam, it will be mandatory for the candidates to keep the hardcopy of admit card. Candidates without having a valid admit card will not be allowed to sit inside the exam hall. It should be kept safely until the admission procedure is over.
IIT JAM 2025 Answer Key
IIT Bombay will publish the IIT JAM 2025 answer key through online mode. Only appeared candidates in the entrance examination will be able to download the answer key from the website. Authority will also provide the facility to challenge the answer key in case of any discrepancy.
Candidates can raise objection against the answer key during the challenge window through online mode. It will be released in the form of PDF on the website of authority. After analyzing all the raised objection, the final answer key will be released by the authority.
IIT JAM 2025 Result
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay will announce the IIT JAM 2025 result in the fourth week of March 2025. Candidates will be able to download the result from the website through online mode. Those candidates who have attended the IIT JAM 2025 will be able to check their result by using their login credentials at JOAPS portal.
It will not be sent by the institute through any offline method. Merit list will also be prepared by the authority on the basis of the IIT JAM 2025 results. Those candidates who will qualify the examination will have to fill the admission form to participate in the counselling procedure.
IIT JAM 2025 Cut Off
IIT JAM 2025 cut off will be release in the fourth week of March 2025. It can be accessed through online mode only. Candidates will be required to visit the JOAPS portal to check cut off list. It refers to the minimum marks required to secure admission in the top IITs in India.
The institute will also release the JAM opening and closing ranks for the respective courses to give the candidates an idea about the level of competition in exam. It depends on several factors such as difficulty level of the exam, number of applicants, seat availability, and previous year’s trends. Each IIT JAM participating institute will have its own cut off, which can differ based on their specific requirements and the popularity of the programme.
IIT JAM 2025 Counselling
IIT JAM 2025 counselling procedure will be started from the second week of April 2025. Those qualify candidates in the entrance exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling session. Candidates will be required to fill out the IIT JAM 2025 admission form through online mode.
At the time of filling the form, candidates will be required to fill out their preferences in terms of institutions and other necessary choices. After the successful completion of counselling session, candidates have three options to choose from Accept and Freeze, Accepts and upgrade and Reject and quit.
- Birth Certificate
- Class 10th & 12th marksheet
- Class 10th & 12th certificate
- IIT JAM 2025 score card
- Identify Proof
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate, mark sheet
- Certificate of nationality
Participating Institutes in IIT JAM 2025
Here we have provided the participating institutes in IIT JAM 2025:
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Bhubaneshwar
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Bombay
- IIT BHU
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Ropar
- IISER Pune
In case of any query related to IIT JAM 2025, candidates can feel free to ask their queries below in the comment section.