ISI 2020: Seat Acceptance (Started), Allotment (Out), Cut Off, Admission
ISI 2020 Allotment List (3rd Round) of provisional admitted candidates has been released. Admission Procedure has been revised. Interviews will not be conducted for admission into all UG & PG courses (excluding JRF). ISI (Indian Statistical Institute) organizes this national level entrance exam once in a year to offer opportunity to the candidates to get admission in various UG and PG courses. Admission will be offered in the B.Math (Hons.), B.Stat (Hons.), M.Stat, M.Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), M.Tech and other programmes. Candidates are required to qualify the entrance test to get admission in various campuses located in Delhi, Tezpur, Chennai and Bengaluru. Students can also apply for admission in M.Tech through GATE Scores. Candidates can go through this article to know more about ISI 2020 dates, result, counselling etc.
ISI 2020 Notification – Allotment Released (3rd Round)
ISI 2020 Seat Allotment (3rd Round) of provisionally admitted candidates has been released. Check here for details.
ISI 2021 exam will be held in the month of May 2021. Check more details about ISI 2021 here.
ISI 2020 Admission procedure has been revised. Interviews will not be conducted for admission into all UG & PG courses (excluding JRF). Check here for admission details.
B.Math (Hons.), B. Stat (Hons.), M. Math, M. Stat, MS (QE), MS (LIS), MS (QMS), M. Tech (CS), M. Tech (QROR), M. Tech (CRS) etc.
ISI 2020 Exam Dates
Check below official ISI 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Online Registration Starts||20th July 2020|
|Online Registration Close||25th July 2020|
|Fee Payment||28th July 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st September 2020|
|ISI Exam Date||20th September 2020|
|Answer key releases||30th September 2020|
|Final answer key||2nd October 2020|
|Result Declaration||5th November 2020|
ISI 2020 Admission Procedure
ISI Admission Procedure can be done based on the merit list which is prepared as per the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. List of selected candidates for admission has been published through online mode. Seat Allotment (1st round) has been released on 3rd November 2020.
Candidates past academic records can be considered for the process of interview. If at any stage, a candidate is found that he is not satisfying eligibility criteria then his candidature will get cancelled. Students have to submit their necessary documents for verification purpose.
If any candidate is found failed during programme or at any disciplinary ground, they can not be eligible for the same course again. The decision of institute in all matters related to admission will be final. Reservation system will be followed by the institute for the reserved category.
ISI 2020 Result
ISI 2020 Result/ Merit List has been released on 3rd November 2020. Candidates can download their result by filling user name and password online. The result contain marks and rank secured by the candidates in the written test. Candidates qualifying the test will be called for next interview process.
A merit list is prepared based on marks secured by the candidates and the candidates will be then called for the process of interview in the order of merit. Candidates are advised to take print out of ISI result for further use in the admission process.
ISI 2020 Interview – Cancelled
ISI 2020 Interview will not be organised for admission into UG & PG Admissions (except JRF) as per the revised admission policy.
In interview, the questions were to be asked from the relevant syllabus and some personal questions. A panel conducts the interview of the candidates.
Till last year based on the marks secured by the candidates in written and interview, a merit list is prepared for the selection of the candidates. Selected candidates were eligible to apply for admission process.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
ISI 2020 Application Form
- For the applying candidates, ISI 2020 Application Form has been re-started from 20th July 2020. Students will be Able to submit the application form till 25th July 2020.
- Earlier the application process was started from 14th February 2020 and will get closed on 16th March 2020.
- Candidates are required to fill application form by online mode.
- To complete the application process successfully, students must have access to – internet, a valid email id, scanned copy of signature and digital copy of his/her photograph.
- Before filling the application, students must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criteria.
- Students belonging to reserved category (ST/SC/OBC – NCL) are required to upload their caste certificate. PwD are required to upload their disability certificate.
- The Application process will follow certain steps like – Registration, Filling up of form, uploading of documents and making fee payment.
- Candidates will submit their application form and take the print out of application form for further process.
- General Male Applicants have to pay Rs. 1250. For female general candidates, fee is Rs.750.
- Reserved Applicants have to pay Rs. 625.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay application fee + bank charges. The application fee can be paid via debit/credit card or net banking.
ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For various UG and PG Courses, ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
For B. Stat (Hons) / B. Math (Hons.):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed his/her 12th level from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level with Mathematics and English subjects.
- Appearing: Students appearing in their 12th level can also apply.
For PG Courses:
- M.Stat: Candidate have passed three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Statistics as a subject or B. Math degree from ISI or post graduate diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI.
- M.Math: Candidate must possess a three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Mathematics as a subject or B. Stat from ISI.
- MS (QE): Candidate must have passed three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and have passed 12th standard exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.Tech (CS): Candidate must possess BE or B. Tech degree or master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Electronic Science/Computer Application/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or its equivalent.
ISI 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ISI 2020 will vary for various courses. Check the exam pattern given below before starting your preparation for the exam:
- Exam Mode: ISI 2020 Entrance exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Question Type: Questions in the test will be of multiple-choice type and descriptive type. The questions will vary for various courses.
- Sections: Question paper will be divided into two Sections – A and B.
- Total Time: Two hours of time will be given for each section.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
ISI 2020 Syllabus
ISI 2020 Syllabus will vary as per the courses chosen by the candidates. The entrance exam for graduation courses will consist of questions from 12th level. For post-graduate courses the test will consist of questions from the syllabus of graduation level.
For B.Stat / B.Math course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subject of Mathematics – Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry & Geometry.
For M.Stat course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Mathematics and Statistics.
ISI 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can prepare for the test by following the below preparation tips:
- Candidates are advised to prepare as per the syllabus and make short notes of formulas and important points for quick revision.
- Candidates can go through previous year question paper available online for the preparation.
- Candidates can purchase a test series and give a test at least on weekly basis to judge their performance for the upcoming examination.
- Candidates are advised to revise on daily basis. They can revise in evening whatever they learn during day time.
- Candidates are advised to keep practicing tough topics to get good command in them.
ISI 2020 Admit Card
ISI 2020 Admit Card has been made available on the website for downloading from 1st September 2020. Candidates are able to download their admit card by entering their user name and password. The admit card contain details regarding the exam venue, date, time, candidate’s photograph and signature with a set of instructions for the exam.
Candidates will be allowed at the exam centre for written test only be showing the hard copy of ISI admit card. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates via post. Students are advised to keep this admit card safely for the further process of admission.
ISI 2020 Answer Key
ISI 2020 Answer Key has been released after the successful completion of the examination. Answer key can be accessed by the candidates through online mode. Candidates are able to access their answer key filling their user name and password after clicking on the link provided for download.
Answer key has been released paper code wise in odd and even series. Candidates can download answer key and match their answers from ISI answer key. If any candidate wishes to object any answer, he/she can object by filling an objection form.
If you have any query regarding ISI 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.