Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2019 – Dates & Admission Procedure
Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2019 will be started from the fourth week of June 2019. From the year 2017, only NEET exam is considered for providing admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered by various colleges in India. Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) will have authority to conduct the counselling for state quota seats for admission in MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS/BPT/DDH/CRC courses. Students from J&K state are not eligible for the 15% AIQ seats, therefore, their 100% seats will be filled through state quota basis. Here we are providing details about Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2019.
Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2019
Jammu & Kashmir MBBS/BDS Admission 2019 will be done on the basis of NEET 2019 scores. Check NEET 2019 details.
After the declaration of NEET result by the CBSE board, the BOPEE conduct the counselling. Counselling process will be organized in various rounds as per the availability of vacant seats.
Admission will be done on the basis of NEET scores only. The counselling procedure will be conducted through both online and offline modes. The counselling process comprise of various steps like document verification, merit list, options filling, seat allotment, etc.
Candidates who are not domicile of J&K state can apply under the 15% AIQ seats by accepting the self-declaration form at the time of NEET registration.
Courses Offered through NEET Score:
Jammu & Kashmir MBBS/BDS Counselling Schedule 2019
Students can check here the official schedule of J&K MBBS/BDS Counselling:
|Events||Dates 2019 (Tentative)|
|Online Counselling Starts||4th week of June|
|Last date for online counselling||1st week of July|
|Conduct of mock exercise||4th week of June|
|Actual filling up of preferences||Last week of July|
|Last date of payment of fee||1st week of July|
Selection & Admission Procedure
Various steps of counselling process are mentioned below:
- After the declaration of NEET result, candidates have to go through the document verification process.
- Candidates have to bring their original documents along with photocopies for the verification process.
- After the completion of verification, a state merit list will be published.
- The merit list will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, NEET score, state rank, etc.
- After that, candidates can proceed for preference filling.
- Candidates are required to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 1500/- at the time of filling the preferences.
- Candidates will be able to fill their choices of colleges and courses for admission via online mode.
- Students can also fill preferences through physical counselling.
- A mock rehearsal of filling preferences will be provided through the website.
- Candidates must fill maximum choices for seat allotment.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of merit list, preferences filled by candidates, reservation criteria and availability of seats.
- Candidates may check their seat allotment through the website.
- After the seat allotment, candidates are required to report to the allotted college.
- Candidates have to bring the required fees and documents at the allotted college to confirm their admission.
Reservation of seats will be done as per the state reservation policy. Here we have mentioned the reservation criteria of different categories:
|Categories||Reservation for male & female|
|Open Merit (OM)||50%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||6% for Gujjars and Bakerwals/ 2% for Residents of District Leh & Kargil and 1% for others|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes/Social Castes (OSC)||2%|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20%|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3%|
|*Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
|Children of Para-military Forces and State Police Personnel||1%|
|**Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports (SP)||2%|
|Poor & Backward (P&B)||10 seats in ASCOMS|
In the document verification process, candidates are required to carry their original documents along with photocopies. Here we have mentioned the documents required at the time of verification:
- Matriculation (10th) certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- 12th or equivalent exam certificates
- NEET rank card
- State subject certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- P&B certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs
If you have any other queries about Jammu & Kashmir NEET Counselling 2019, you may leave your queries below.