JIPMER PG 2020: Counselling (Started), Merit List, Rank Letter, Admission
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling (Final Round) for MD/MS is being organized on 5th February 2020 through offline mode. The exam was held by Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER). This is a national level entrance exam held in two sessions- in the month of January & July. JIPMER is one of the leading medical institutions of India established in the year 1823 under the Government of India. Candidates will be offered admission into PG level courses in the field of medical. Admission in PG courses will be offered in MD (Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery), DM, M.Ch in a wide range of fields. Candidates must go through this article for details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 exam dates, admit card, pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, etc.
JIPMER PG 2020 Notifications – Counselling On 5th Feb (Final Round)
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling (Final Round) for MD/MS is being organized on 5th February 2020 through offline mode. Check here for counselling details.
JIPMER PG 2020 Result has been declared on 18th December 2019. Check here for result details.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below official JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
For January Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Application form filling starts||18th September 2019||18th September 2019|
|Submission of application form||25th October 2019||25th October 2019|
|Admit card availability||13th November 2019||13th November 2019|
|Last date to download admit card||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Exam date||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Merit List publication||On or before 18th December 2019||On or before 18th December 2019|
|Payment of Admission Fee and Certificate verification||–||24th December 2019|
|First counselling||27th December 2019||–|
|Medical Examination||–||30th December 2019|
|Issue of Admission Letter||–||31st December 2019|
|Commencement of Course||1st January 2020||1st January 2020|
|Second counselling||8th January 2020|
|Final counselling||5th February 2020|
|Date of closing of admission||29th February 2020||29th February 2020|
For July Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|Registration starts||4th week of January 2020|
|Registration closes||1st week of April 2020|
|Admit card availability||In the month of April 2020|
|Exam date||3rd week of May 2020|
|Result declaration||In the month of June 2020|
|First counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Second counselling||1st week of July 2020|
|Third counselling||4th week of July 2020|
|Final counselling||4th week of August 2020|
|Closing of admission||4th week of August 2020|
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
Candidates have to report for JIPMER PG Counselling within the allotted time, date and venue. The counselling process for January session has been started for MD/MS from 27th December 2019 through offline mode. For July session from second week of June 2020.
During counselling process, candidate’s biometric finger print and image verification will be done.
Candidates who will be selected will have to go through the medical examination & verification process. At the time of verification, candidates will have to bring their certificates mentioned below:
- JIPMER PG 2020 Admit card with seal of the invigilator
- JIPMER PG 2020 Rank letter
- Birth certificate
- MBBS Mark sheet
- Internship certificate
- Last attended institute conduct certificate
- Last attended institute transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Medical registration certificate
- Any one from Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, residence certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Certificate recognized by MCI
- Registration proof as OCI
- Medical certificate (in case of orthopedic physically challenged candidates)
- 4 coloured passport size photograph, etc.
JIPMER PG 2020 Result
JIPMER PG Result has been declared on 18th December 2020 (January session). On the basis of performance shown in the entrance test, merit list is prepared and published by online mode. To get result, students have to enter their login credentials – roll number & password.
Separate merit list will be prepared for each category. Any re-checking or re-evaluation request will not be entertained.
The minimum percentile to be secured by the candidates of various categories will be as:
- UR, OCI, NRI, sponsored candidates – 50%
- General- OPH candidates – 45%
- SC, ST, and OBC-OPH candidates – 45%
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
Only those candidates can get JIPMER PG Admit Card, whose complete application process has been completed in all respect. The admit card contains all the details like name & date of birth of candidate, photo & signature image, examination city, time, roll no, etc. To download admit card, students have to enter their login credentials.
Candidates must bring their admit card compulsorily on the exam day. Without admit card, no candidate will be permitted to attend examination. Candidates have to also bring their ID proof (Voter ID card, Driving License, Bank Passbook, and Photograph) along with admit card to get entry into the exam hall.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern before starting their preparation:
- Exam Mode: JIPMER PG 2020 exam will get conducted in online mode (Computer-based) mode.
- Exam Duration: Time given to complete the exam will be of 3 hours for MD/MS. For DM/ M.Ch, the paper will be of 1 hour & 30 minutes.
- Medium: The exam will be held in English language.
- Questions Type: The question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- of Questions: Total of 250 questions will be asked in the test for MD/ MS and for M.Ch/ DM – 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check in the table below distribution of questions for MD/MS:
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Science||100|
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus can be checked by the candidates by online mode. The questions will be asked from the topics of Basic Clinical Sciences and Clinical Sciences.
For Basic Clinical Science, some of the topics will be – Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Micro Biology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Pharmacology.
For Clinical Sciences some of the topics will be – Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Surgery, Community Medicine, ENT, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Radio Diagnosis, Radio therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2020 Preparation Tips
We have below provided some preparation tips for the candidates who will be appearing for JIPMER PG 2020 entrance test:
- Candidates must make suitable time table and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare short notes and revise these notes regularly.
- Go through all the details of exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme.
- Prepare from previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Revision is very important so keep revising the studied topics regularly.
- Keep yourself physically fit during the exam preparation.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Centers
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam will be conducted in 10 cities in India – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New-Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum, and Vijayawada.
Applicants will have to opt. for three exam cities during making choice of exam center. Normally candidates will get exam center according to their first preference depending upon local conditions. Therefore, JIPMER will reserve all the rights to allot any other exam centers.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
The details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form is discussed below:
- The Application Form of JIPMER PG 2020 is available in online mode.
- Candidates must read complete instructions given in prospectus carefully before filling the application form.
- Application process for January session has been started on 18th September 2019 and will end till 25th October 2019.
- For July session, the application process will begin in the 4th week of January 2020 and end till 1st week of April 2020.
- The Application process will consist of various steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading of images, making choice of test center and city, making application fee payment and printing of application.
- No request for change in the details entered in the form will be entertained after submission of form.
Mode of Payment: Candidates will have to submit JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form Fee through online mode. Fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
The fee payment for different categories is discussed below:
|General (UR)/ OCI/OBC/ Sponsored||1600/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||1200/-|
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Indian National, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and NRI candidates are eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2020.
- Qualification: Candidates must possess MBBS or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have obtained minimum of 55% marks & for reserved categories (ST/SC) – 50% marks should be secured in the qualifying exam.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed 1 year internship/ practical training/ compulsory rotating on or before 31st December 2019. Candidates completing internship after this date are not eligible to apply for January session.
Note: Candidates who have completed their MD/MS degree in any subject from any institution will be not eligible for admission into JIPMER.
If you have any query related to JIPMER PG 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.