JIPMER PG 2020: Counselling (Started), Allotment (Out), Admission
JIPMER PG 2020 Final Seat Allotment (1st round) has been released for MD/ MS. List of Selected candidates (1st round) for reporting has been released. The exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER). This is a national level entrance exam held in two sessions- in the month of January & July. JIPMER is one of the leading medical institutions of India established in the year 1823 under the Government of India. Candidates will be offered admission into PG level courses in the field of medical. Admission in PG courses will be offered in MD (Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery), DM, M.Ch in a wide range of fields. Candidates must go through this article for details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 result, counselling etc.
JIPMER PG 2020 Notifications – Allotment Released
JIPMER PG 2020 List of Selected Candidates (1st round) for reporting at the institution has been released for MD/ MS. Check here for details.
JIPMER PG 2021 exam will be held two times in a year, i.e. December and May. Get more details about JIPMER PG 2021 here.
JIPMER PG 2020 Final Seat Allotment (1st round) has been released for MD/ MS. Check here for allotment details.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below official JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
For July Session (MD/MS):
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Registration starts||4th March 2020|
|Registration closes||18th May 2020|
|Admit card availability||6th June 2020|
|Exam date||21st June 2020|
|Result declaration/ Merit list releases||27th June 2020|
|First counselling||22nd July 2020|
|Final counselling||August 2020|
|Closing of admission||August 2020|
|Admission formalities||August 2020|
|Issue of Admission Letter||August 2020|
For January Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Application form filling starts||18th September 2019||18th September 2019|
|Submission of application form||25th October 2019||25th October 2019|
|Admit card availability||13th November 2019||13th November 2019|
|Last date to download admit card||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Exam date||8th December 2019||8th December 2019|
|Merit List publication||On or before 18th December 2019||On or before 18th December 2019|
|Payment of Admission Fee and Certificate verification||–||24th December 2019|
|First counselling||27th December 2019||–|
|Medical Examination||–||30th December 2019|
|Issue of Admission Letter||–||31st December 2019|
|Commencement of Course||1st January 2020||1st January 2020|
|Second counselling||8th January 2020|
|Final counselling||5th February 2020|
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
Candidates will have to report for JIPMER PG Counselling within the allotted time, date and venue. The counselling process for July session has been started for MD/MS from 22nd July 2020 through online mode.
During counselling process, candidate’s biometric finger print and image verification will be done.
Candidates who will be selected will have to go through the medical examination & verification process. At the time of verification, candidates will have to bring their certificates mentioned below:
- JIPMER PG 2020 Admit card with seal of the invigilator
- JIPMER PG 2020 Rank letter
- Birth certificate
- MBBS Mark sheet
- Internship certificate
- Last attended institute conduct certificate
- Last attended institute transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Medical registration certificate
- Any one from Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, residence certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Certificate recognized by MCI
- Registration proof as OCI
- Medical certificate (in case of orthopedic physically challenged candidates)
- 4 colored passport size photograph, etc.
JIPMER PG 2020 Result
JIPMER PG Result has been declared on 27th June 2020 for July session exam. On the basis of performance shown in the entrance test, merit list is prepared and published by online mode. To get result, students have to enter their login credentials – roll number & password.
Separate merit list will be prepared for each category. Any re-checking or re-evaluation request will not be entertained.
The minimum percentile to be secured by the candidates of various categories will be as:
- UR, OCI, NRI, sponsored candidates – 50%
- General- OPH candidates – 45%
- SC, ST, and OBC-OPH candidates – 45%
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
The details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form is discussed below:
- The Application Form of JIPMER PG 2020 will be available in online mode for July session.
- Candidates must read complete instructions given in prospectus carefully before filling the application form.
- Application process for July session has been started from 4th March 2020 for MD/ MS.
- For July session (MD/MS), the application process has been over on 18th May 2020.
- The Application process will consist of various steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading of images, making choice of test center and city, making application fee payment and printing of application.
- No request for change in the details entered in the form will be entertained after submission of form.
Mode of Payment: Candidates will have to submit JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form Fee through online mode. Fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
The fee payment for different categories is discussed below:
|General (UR)/ EWS/ OCI/OBC/ Sponsored||1600/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||1200/-|
|Foreign national candidates||3000/-|
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Indian National, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and NRI candidates are eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2020.
- Qualification: Candidates must possess MBBS or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have obtained minimum of 55% marks & for reserved categories (ST/SC) – 50% marks should be secured in the qualifying exam.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed 1 year internship/ practical training/ compulsory rotating on or before 31st December 2019. Candidates completing internship after this date are not eligible to apply for January session.
Note: Candidates who have completed their MD/MS degree in any subject from any institution will be not eligible for admission into JIPMER.
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
Only those candidates can get JIPMER PG Admit Card, whose complete application process has been completed in all respect. The admit card contains all the details like name & date of birth of candidate, photo & signature image, examination city, time, roll no, etc. To download admit card, students have to enter their login credentials.
For July session exam, the admit card has been made available on 6th June 2020.
Candidates must bring their admit card compulsorily on the exam day. Without admit card, no candidate will be permitted to attend examination. Candidates have to also bring their ID proof (Voter ID card, Driving License, Bank Passbook, and Photograph) along with admit card to get entry into the exam hall.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below details regarding JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern before starting their preparation:
- Exam Mode: JIPMER PG 2020 exam will get conducted in online mode (Computer-based) mode.
- Exam Duration: Time given to complete the exam will be of 3 hours for MD/MS. For DM/ M.Ch, the paper will be of 1 hour & 30 minutes.
- Medium: The exam will be held in English language.
- Questions Type: The question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- of Questions: Total of 250 questions will be asked in the test for MD/ MS and for M.Ch/ DM – 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check in the table below distribution of questions for MD/MS:
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Science||100|
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus can be checked by the candidates by online mode. The questions will be asked from the topics of Basic Clinical Sciences and Clinical Sciences.
For Basic Clinical Science, some of the topics will be – Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Micro Biology, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology and Pharmacology.
For Clinical Sciences some of the topics will be – Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Surgery, Community Medicine, ENT, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Radio Diagnosis, Radio therapy, Nuclear Medicine, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2020 Preparation Tips
We have below provided some preparation tips for the candidates who will be appearing for JIPMER PG 2020 entrance test:
- Candidates must make suitable time table and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare short notes and revise these notes regularly.
- Go through all the details of exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme.
- Prepare from previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Revision is very important so keep revising the studied topics regularly.
- Keep yourself physically fit during the exam preparation.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Centers
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam will be conducted in 10 cities in India – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New-Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum, and Vijayawada.
Applicants will have to opt. for three exam cities during making choice of exam center. Normally candidates will get exam center according to their first preference depending upon local conditions. Therefore, JIPMER will reserve all the rights to allot any other exam centers.
If you have any query related to JIPMER PG 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.