KEAM 2021: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria
KEAM 2021 exam will be held in the fourth week of April 2021. This entrance exam is organized by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala every year. Through KEAM, candidates get admission in Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Medical & Allied courses. Students must qualify the KEAM entrance test to get admission into various institutions located in the Kerala state. For admission into architecture, medical & allied heath sciences including agriculture students must qualify NATA / NEET entrance test. Students can check details of KEAM 2021 including application, eligibility, exam pattern & admit card through this article.
- B.Tech [including B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering/ Food Engineering & Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Food Technology)]
- B. Pharm
- B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry
- BVSc & AH
- B. Arch
KEAM 2021 Exam Dates
Students can check tentative KEAM Exam dates for various events in the below given section:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Opening of application form||1st week of February 2021|
|Closing of application form||Last week of February 2021|
|Last date to submit printout of application along with supporting documents||Last week of February 2021|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2021|
|KEAM 2021 Exam||4th week of April 2021|
|Releasing of answer key||4th week of April 2021|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2021|
|Starting of counselling||4th week of June 2021|
KEAM 2021 Application Form
Students can check details of KEAM Application Form in the below given section:
- The Application form of KEAM 2021 will be made available through online mode.
- KEAM 2021 application form will get started from first week of February 2021.
- Students will be able to apply till the last week of February 2021.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form with correct details otherwise the form will get rejected.
- The images of signature and photograph in the application must be uploaded as per the prescribed format.
- Authority will also provide correction facility for limited time period to edit incorrect details (if any) in the form.
- Sending the printout of the application form to the authority is not required.
- Payment Mode: The application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card/ Internet Banking.
- Also the fee can be paid through E-challan at all Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash.
- Applicants choosing ‘Dubai’ as exam centre will be required to remit Rs.12,000 as an additional fee through online payment.
|Courses||General candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
|Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both||Rs.700||Rs.300||Exempted|
|Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/both||Rs.500||Rs.200||Exempted|
|Both (a) & (b)||Rs.900||Rs.400||Exempted|
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students must go through the KEAM Eligibility criteria given below before applying:
- Applicants should be an Indian citizen. OCI/ PIO are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates seeking admission to Professional Degree courses will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK – I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK – II).
- Applicant should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December of admission year.
- No upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharma courses.
For Engineering Courses:
- Applicant must have passed 12th level securing 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry together OR
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Examination securing 45% marks for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
For Architecture Courses:
- Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized Board with Mathematics as a subject securing 50% marks in aggregate OR
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) securing 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a subject in the examination OR
- Student must have International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, securing 50% aggregate marks with compulsory subject of Mathematics.
- Student must have valid NATA 2021 scorecard to be eligible for admission into B. Arch course.
For Medical & Allied Courses:
- MBBS/ BDS/ BSMS: Student must have passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology subjects in the 12th securing 50% marks in Biology/ Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Biotechnology put together.
- BUMS: Candidates must have passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects securing 50% marks in PCB subjects and 50% marks in Biology separately.
- BAMS/ BHMS: Student must have passed with PCB subjects in 12th level securing 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in PCB subjects put together.
- BVSc & AH: Candidates should have secured 50% marks in PCBE subjects.
- B.Sc.(Hons.)Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc: Students must have passed 12th level with 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in PCB subjects put together. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- B.Pharma: Student must have passed 12th level securing 50% marks in Biology/ Mathematics separately and 50% marks in PCMB put together.
KEAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can go through KEAM Exam pattern 2021 below:
- Exam Mode: KEAM exam will be held through offline mode.
- Question Type: Paper will contain multiple choice type questions.
- Number of Questions: Total of 120 questions will be asked in the paper.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be 150 minutes.
- Papers: Two papers – Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & Paper 2 (Mathematics) will be there in the exam.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 480 marks.
- For B.Pharm Course: Candidates applying for admission into B.Pharma will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering.
- Marking Scheme: Student will get 4 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will get deducted.
|Papers||Subjects||Time Allotted||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||150||120|
KEAM 2021 Syllabus
KEAM Syllabus will be prescribed by the CEE, Kerala. Students can check their whole syllabus of KEAM online through the website. Students will be able to prepare from 12th level syllabus from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
Students must go through the syllabus prescribed by the authority. It will be prescribed separately for various courses.
KEAM 2021 Preparation Tips
Students can know KEAM preparation tips in the below given section to score better marks in the exam:
- Students must go through the KEAM syllabus prescribed by the authority.
- Complete details of exam pattern must be checked by the students.
- Make notes of important topics and go through them regularly.
- Attempt mock tests by online or offline mode to make the preparation better.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Do yoga & exercises for maintaining focus for entrance exam.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
KEAM 2021 Admit Card
The Admit card of KEAM 2021 will be made available for download in the second week of April 2021. The admit card will be present for downloading through online mode only.
Candidates are required to bring the photo ID approved by the Government of India with the admit card on the exam day. Students have to show valid Id proof to get entry into the exam hall.
KEAM 2021 Answer Key
KEAM 2021 Answer key for both the papers of Engineering will be made available on the website. It will be available in the fourth week of April 2021.
Students can also submit their complaint related to answer keys by writing to CEE along with supporting documents and paying fee of Rs.100/- per question through DD. The DD should be drawn in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM 2021 Result
The result of KEAM 2021 will be announced in the fourth week of May 2021. Students will be able to check result on the website which will be notified by the CEE. Also the score card can be obatined by entering the application number or user name.
The authority will separately publish the rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) and Ayurveda. It will be published in the third week of June 2021 or before it.
KEAM 2021 Counselling
After the successful completion of KEAM exam, the counselling process will get started for providing admission to all the courses.
KEAM Counselling will be started from the fourth week of June 2021. A common counselling process will be held by CEE in online mode. Through the Single Window System (SWS), centralized allotment will be organized to offer seats into various courses & colleges.
For any other query related to KEAM 2021, students can ask their query in the comments section given below.