NIFT Counselling 2021, Seat Allotment, Admission Procedure – Know Here
NIFT 2021 Counselling will be organised from May/ June 2021. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance test is organized on a national level. National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai is the conducting authority of NIFT entrance exam. It offers various UG & PG professional courses in the field of Fashion Designing & Technology. On qualifying the exam, candidates can get admission in the university and its associated campuses. The 16 affiliated campuses of the NIFT participated every year in the counselling session. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information of about NIFT 2021 counselling including counselling procedure.
NIFT Counselling 2021
The counselling will be conducted in multiple rounds in 16 campuses of NIFT. NIFT Counselling 2021 will be conducted through online mode.
To participate in the counselling, it is necessary for the eligible candidates to register themselves online on the website.
There will be no registration fee for the first counselling. For further rounds, candidates will have to pay the Rs. 5000/- as a counselling fee.
The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit rank of the candidate. Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling by downloading the counselling call letter from the website. Candidates will have to register using their credentials i.e. Form Number, Date of Birth and Password.
NIFT Counselling Schedule 2021
After declaration of the result, the exam conducting authority will organize the counselling for providing admissions. The registrations will be started from May/ June 2021. The counselling schedule for all courses is given below:
|Programme||Registration for Online Counselling||Online Counselling|
|Master of Fashion Management||May/ June 2021||May/ June 2021|
|Master of Design||May/ June 2021||May/ June 2021|
|Master of Fashion Technology||May/ June 2021||May/ June 2021|
|Bachelor of Design||May/ June 2021||–|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||May/ June 2021||–|
NIFT Counselling Procedure 2021
Candidates have to follow the procedure given below to participate in the counselling:
- First of all candidates will have to register themselves on the website.
- Without doing registration, no candidate will be allowed to appear in the counselling rounds.
- Candidates will be able to register for the counselling by using their credentials, such as form number, date of birth and password.
- They are advised to remember and safely store their password for future references.
- At the time of registration, candidates will have to fill the campus choice in which they want to appear in the counselling.
- Candidates can select one of the 16 campuses of NIFT.
Download Call Letter:
- After successful registration, a “system generated letter”, will be received by the candidate through SMS and e-mail on their registered mobile and email id.
- The letter will contain the details of the Nodal Officer and the documents required for Counselling and Admission.
- The counselling will take place on the campus, which is selected by the candidate through offline mode.
- Candidates will have to report the counselling center in a given reporting time for the document verification and allocation of seats.
- On the day of Counselling, the candidate will be required to report at the chosen NIFT Campus at 9.30 a.m. for verification of documents and allotment of seats.
- The original documents would be returned after due verification.
- Please note that the presence of the candidate at any of the NIFT Campuses along with the requisite documents in original is mandatory.
Allocation of Seats:
- After verification of the documents, allocation of seats will take place before the Nodal Officer of the Counselling Campus.
- The candidate may select a seat by clicking on the monitor in the presence of the Nodal Officer. Seat allotted, accordingly, to a candidate would then be deleted from the pool of vacant seats displayed on the Campus screen.
- Candidates are advised to be present in the Counselling hall and wait for their call in order of their common merit rank.
- A candidate who is allotted a seat will be required to pay the notified fee immediately at the counselling campus.
- If a candidate fails to pay the fee, after the seat has been offered, the offer will be withdrawn and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate on the merit list.
- After allotment of seat, candidate will be issued an allotment letter /receipt duly signed by the Nodal Officer of the Campus.
- The choice of Course / Campus made by
a candidate is final and cannot be altered later.
- Nodal Officer will give a duly signed Admission Receipt after the complete fee is deposited by the candidate.
- No candidate should leave the venue of counselling without the Admission Fee Receipt.
- The candidate is advised to check the details as printed/written in the Admission Fee Receipt.
Reservation of Seats:
There are some seats which will be reserved for the categories such as SC/ST/Differently Abled Candidates (PHP)/Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI in each programme which is given below:
|Categories||Seats Reserved (%)|
|OBC (Non- Creamy)||27%|
|Differently Abled Candidates (PHP)||3%|
NIFT Admission 2021
The admissions will be strictly offered on the basis of Common Merit Rank. Candidates will get admission to the campus in which they have allotted the seat.
Just after allotting seats, candidates will have to pay the admission fee if he/she wants to get admission immediately.
The nodal officer will provide the duly signed Admission Receipt after the complete fee is deposited by the candidate.
Documents Required for Counselling/ Admission:
Candidates will have to bring the original certificates along with the photocopies which are given below:
- System generated letter/e-mail received by the candidate.
- Photograph (2 Passport & 4 Stamp Size).
- Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of having passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination, showing the subjects offered by him/her in the examination. Physics, Chemistry and Math for B.F. Tech.
- Certificate from the Board from which he/she passed the High School/Higher Secondary Examination.
- Category Certificate.
- Semester Fee – Demand Draft of Rs. 1,26,900/- (Non-NRI) drawn in favour of the NIFT HO payable at the city of the Counselling.
- Copy of 12th class School Leaving Certificate(for domicile seats only.
- Valid PWD Certificate.
- Copy of 1st, 2nd & 3rd year graduation mark sheet/ self attested copy of final year appearing certificate (For Master Programmes).
- Undertaking for the candidate seeking provisional admission.
- Undertaking from the students, as per provisions of anti ragging.
- Undertaking about Eligibility, Fee and Refund.
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed format Form for withdrawal of Admission.
- Authorization letter from the candidate who are not in position to attend in person (Not applicable for PwD candidates).
NIFT 2021 Situation Test Details
- On the basis of result of written test GAT and CAT, shortlisted B.Des candidates will be called for second test called Situation Test.
- Shortlisted candidates for B.Des from the written entrance examination are required to take a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
- No additional material will be provided / allowed.
- The model will be evaluated on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, composition of elements, color scheme, construction skill, finesse of the model and overall presentation etc.
- These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept behind the model constructed.
- Since the medium of instruction in NIFT is English, the write-up will be in English.
- No marks will be given for write-up in any other language.
If you have any other queries about NIFT Counselling 2021, you can leave your comments below in the comment box.