PGIMER 2021: Application Form, Exam Date (Released), Eligibility, Pattern
PGIMER 2021 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 1st November 2020 (MD/MS) & 27th November 2020 (DM/M.Ch) for January session exam. The entrance examination is held in twice in a year in the month of January & July 2021. Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education & Research (PGIMER) is a national level entrance test which will be conducted for admission in various PG courses. The examination will be held to offer admission in MD/ MS and MD/ MCH & DM Hospital Administrative course. Students will get shortlisted on the basis of All India merit list. Here we are providing details regarding exam dates, application form, its fee, exam pattern & much more regarding PGIMER 2021.
PGIMER 2021 Notifications – Exam Date Announced
PGIMER 2021 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 1st November 2020 (MD/MS) & 27th November 2020 (DM/M.Ch)
PGIMER 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following table regarding PGIMER Exam Dates:
For MD/ MS:
|Events||Dates 2021 |
|January session||July Session|
|Application form release||4th week of October 2020||February 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||2nd week of November 2020||March 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||2nd week of November 2020||March 2021|
|Admit card availability||November 2020||April- May 2021|
|Exam Date||1st November 2020||23rd May 2021|
|Result announcement||1st week of December 2020||June 2021|
|1st counselling date||4th week of December 2020||June 2021|
|2nd counselling date||1st week of January 2021||July 2021|
|3rd counselling date||2nd week of January 2021||July 2021|
|4th counselling date||3rd week of January 2021||July 2021|
For DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administration:
|January session||July Session|
|Application form release||2nd week of November 2020||February 2021|
|Submission of application form||4th week of November 2020||March 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||4th week of November 2020||March 2021|
|Admit card availability||1st week of December 2020||April – May 2021|
|Exam Date||27th November 2020||31st May 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of December 2020||June 2021|
|Practical exam||4th week of December 2020||July 2021|
|Counselling session||4th week of December 2020||July 2021|
PGIMER 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding PGIMER Application Form:
- PGIMER 2021 Application Form will be made available via online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form from second week of October 2020 & second week of November 2020 for MD/MS &DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administration course respectively.
- The last date to submit application form will be in the month of November 2020 for all courses.
- While filling application form, candidates must upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to apply for only one subject in DM/ M.Ch courses. More than one application form will not be accepted.
- Sponsored & Foreign national category candidates will have to submit application form at the following address:
Academic Section PGIMER,
Following documents will be required while submission of application form:
- Category certificate (if required)
- No objection certificate (if required)
- Internship required
- Date of Birth (D.O.B) proof
- PGIMER 2021 application fee will be paid via online mode.
- Online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card method.
- Candidates must check following table for application fee for various category candidates:
|Category||For MD/ MS|
|DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administration|
|General||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1500|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 1500||Rs. 1200|
PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following details regarding PGIMER Eligibility Criteria:
For MD/ MS course:
- Qualification: Candidates will have to qualify MBBS degree from MCI recognized university to be eligible.
- Registration: Candidates must be registered under Central/ state medical registration council.
For DM/MCH and DM Hospital Administration:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified MD/ MS degree or its equivalent degree from any recognized board or university.
- Registration: Candidates must have registered under central/ state medical registration council.
- Age Limit: He/ She be atleast 37 years age for general category as on or before 31st December 2020, 42 years for SC/ ST category& 40 years for OBC category candidate to be eligible for PGIMER 2021.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding PGIMER Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted via online mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Total Questions: There will be total 250 questions in the question paper.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given to solve the question paper
Candidates must check following table to check no. of questions in each subject:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Immunogenetics & Molecular Biology||10|
|Social & Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||20|
PGIMER 2021 Syllabus
PGIMER Syllabus will be prescribed by the authority. It will be mainly based on MBBS.
For MD/ MS course:
The questions will include topics from subjects as Pharmacology, Applied anatomy, Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynecologist, Applied Biochemistry, Internal medicine, Pathology, Radiotherapy, forensic medicine, social & preventive medicine, general surgery, and much more.
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks while preparing for PGIMER 2021:
- Make proper time table & strictly follow it.
- Go through complete exam pattern & syllabus.
- Solve previous year questions & mock test.
- Take healthy & nutritious diet.
- Sleep for proper eight hours & study in a fresh mood.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
PGIMER Admit Card will be made available via online mode. For MD/ MS course, it will get released in third week of November 2020 & for DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administration, it will get released in first week of December 2020.
Candidates will have to enter their login credentials to download their admit card. It will be mandatory for applied candidates to carry admit card along with one valid ID proof at examination center. No candidates will be allowed to sit for the examination without admit card.
PGIMER 2021 Result
PGIMER Result will be made available in the month of December for all courses. It will be published on the website. Candidates will be able to check their result using their roll number & date of birth.
After the declaration of result, qualified candidates will be shortlisted through merit list released by the board. Merit listwill be released as category & rank wise through online mode.
PGIMER 2021 Cut-off
PGIMER Cut-off will be announced on website via online mode. Candidates will have to qualify PGIMER 2021 cut-off marks to take admission in various courses. Cut-off marks will be the minimum marks candidates will have to score to qualify the examination.
For MD/ MS course, candidates must reach following cut-off:
|General & sponsored/ Deputed||55|
|SC/ ST, OBC, Foreign National||50|
PGIMER 2021 Counselling
PGIMER counselling process will get commenced after the declaration of result. It will be organized via offline mode. Counselling will be organized in four rounds. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of rank obtained by the candidate, seats availability, etc.
Candidates will have to bring original as well as photo stated documents and will also have to pay the counselling fee to participate in the counselling process. The following documents will be required at the time of counselling:
- MBBS marksheet
- MBBS internship marksheet
- 10th level marksheet & certificate
- MCI registration certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Experience certificate
- Category certificate
- Application form printout
- valid ID proof
If you have any other queries regarding PGIMER 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment in the box below.