PGIMER 2023: INI CET Application (Released), Exam Date (Out)
PGIMER 2023 Application Form (INI SS) is releasing soon in March 2023. INI CET 2023 Application Form has been released. Exam Date (INI CET) has been announced for MD/ MS (July session). The admissions will be held in two sessions – January & July. Admission will be offered through INI CET & INI SS scores. Admissions are offered by the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER). Candidates through INI CET & INI SS scores can enroll into courses – MD/ MS (6 years), DM/ MCH (3 years) & MDS courses.
PGIMER is a well-known research institute situated in Chandigarh, Punjab. AIIMS is the conducting authority of INI CET & INI SS exams for admission into PGIMER & various other institutions. Here we have provided complete details related to PGIMER 2023 application form, exam date, eligibility etc
Application Form Dates Correction
PGIMER 2023 Notifications – Application Soon (INI SS)
PGIMER 2023 (INI SS) Application Form is releasing soon in March 2023. Check here for application details.
PGIMER 2023 (INI CET) Application Form has been released via online mode. Check here for application details.
PGIMER 2023 (INI CET) Exam Date has been announced for July session exam. It will be held on 7th May 2023. Check other dates below.
PGIMER 2023 (INI SS) Online registration for open round has been started.Check here for counselling details.
PGIMER 2023 Merit List of qualified candidates has been released for stage II (Departmental Assessment) on 14th November 2022. Check here for result details.
PGIMER 2023 Overview
|Name of Exam||PGIMER 2023|
|Full form of PGIMER||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research|
|Courses Offered||MD/ MS, DM/ MCH and MDS|
|Selection||MD/ MS (6 years) admission through INI CET exam and DM/ MCH (3 years) admission through INI SS exam|
|Exam conducting Authority||AIIMS conducts INI CET & INI SS exam|
|Type of exam||PG Level|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Offline (CBT)|
PGIMER 2023 Exam Dates
Below candidates can check PGIMER Exam Dates 2023 for INI CET & INI SS events (Jan & July session) :
For INI CET Sessions:
|Events||Exam Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Jan Session||July Session|
|INI CET Application availability||5th September 2022||7th March|
|Last date to apply||26th September 2022||25th March 2023|
|Status of Basic Registration & last date to correct rejected Images||30th September till 3rd October 2022||28th to 31st March 2023|
|Final Status of Accepted Basic Registration||6th October 2022||3rd April 2023|
|Admit Card Uploading date||7th November 2022||1st May 2023|
|INI CET 2023 Exam Date||13th November 2022||7th May 2023|
|Result declaration||19th November 2022||–|
|Starting of Counselling||10th December 2022||–|
For INI SS Sessions:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Jan Session||July Session|
|Online registration starts||29th September 2022||14th March 2023|
|Registration ends till||17th October 2022||28th April 2023|
|Uploading of Application status||21st October 2022||–|
|Documents submission||25th October 2022||–|
|Release of Admit card||31st October 2022||–|
|INI SS 2023 Exam Date||6th November 2022||–|
|Result (for all INIs)||11th November 2022||–|
|Result Stage 1 (for AIIMS applicants only)||14th November 2023||–|
|Departmental Assessment (only for AIIMS applicants)||14th November 2023||–|
|Final Result declaration||1st December 2023||–|
PGIMER 2023 Application Form
Check here details regarding the PGIMER 2023 Application form for MD/ MS/ DM/ M.Ch courses:
- The PGIMER 2023 Application process has been started for INI CET from 7th March 2023 for MD/ MS (July session).
- The registration for DM/ M.CH/ MD will start from 14th March 2023.
- Last date to submit application form is till 25th March 2023 (MD/ MS) & till 28th April 2023 (DM/ M.Ch) for July session.
- Only registered candidates are eligible to fill the application and appear for the exam.
- Students must fill all the fields in form and must fill valid contact number & email id to get latest updates about exam.
- At the time of uploading of images, students must verify the size and format of images then upload it.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates can submit the application fee online.
- Candidates can pay the fee through debit/ credit card/ net banking.
The application fee is non-refundable.
Here is application fee for different categories such as MD/ MS/ & DM/ M.Ch courses:
- General/ OBC/ OCI/ RA/ FN/ Sponsored candidates is Rs. 2000/- for MD/ MS and Hospital Administrative courses and SC/ ST/ EWS candidates application fee is Rs 1500/-.
- For all the candidates in DM/ M.Ch courses, the fee is Rs. 4000/-. Fee for PWBD candidates is exempted.
How to Apply for PGIMER 2023?
- Visit the registration link (Link is provided above).
- Candidates have to complete application process in two steps – Basic Registration & Final registration.
- For Basic registration, candidates must fill some asked details.
- After acceptance of basic registration, status will be uploaded in application.
- Candidates can then do the final registration and then the application details.
- Students have to make payment of application fee according to their categories.
- Candidates are required to upload images as per the specified size/ format in the brochure.
- After all the steps, students must re-verify all details in form and then submit the application.
- Print the application and fee receipt for any reference in future.
PGIMER 2023 Correction Facility
For candidates who want to make correction in PGIMER 2023 Registration & Basic candidate information. PGIMER application form & the edit panel will be available according to the correction schedule only.
Students must kindly note that the editing can be done only by the registered candidates in few details only. No correction allowed after the closing date of editing.
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria 2023
Check below PGIMER Eligibility Criteria for MD/ MS & DM/M.Ch courses:
For MD/ MS and Hospital Administrative courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have MBBS degree from MCI recognized university.
- Marks: The candidates must have scored at least 55% marks and (50% marks for SC/ ST) & 45% marks for PWD candidates.
- Internship: Must have rotating 1 year training/ internship will be mandatory for the candidates.
For DM/ M.Ch. courses:
- The candidate must possess MD/ DNB degree for DM courses; MD/ MS degree for M.Ch courses or its equivalent degree recognised by NMC.
- Candidates must have minimum experience of 3 years in Govt. Hospital in the relevant field or 5 year in general practice.
- Candidates belonging to UR/ OBC/ EWS must have obtain 55% marks (50% marks for reserved category) in aggregate all MBBS professional examinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
PGIMER 2023 Admit Card
The PGIMER Admit card 2023 will be released on 1st May 2023 through online mode for INI CET & in April 2023 for INI SS. To download the admit card, candidates have to login with their details like email id and registered id.
The admit card contains details of name of the candidate, roll number courses, category applied, etc.
Candidates can only appear for the entrance exam if they bring the admit card & identity proof as well. Without showing admit card students cannot appear for the exam.
PGIMER 2023 Exam Pattern
Below we have discussed PGIMER Exam pattern 2023 INI CET & INI SS exams (MD/ MS/ DM/ M.Ch admissions):
For INI CET:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be held in online mode.
- Duration: The candidates have to complete the paper in 3 hours for MD/ MS. 1.5 hours will be given to complete MDS exam.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions will be there in the paper.
- Total questions: The paper will consist of 200 questions in MD/ MS & 90 questions in MDS.
Check below subject wise distribution of questions in the table for MD/ MS (INI CET exam):
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
For INI SS:
- Duration: 90 minutes is given to solve the paper.
- Number of Questions: Total 80 questions will be there in the exam.
- Marks: Paper will be of total 80 marks.
- Language: Language of paper will be English.
- Type of Questions: There will be multiple choice type of questions in paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer in paper.
- Negative Marking: -1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
PGIMER 2023 Syllabus
Those who appear in the test must be aware of syllabus. The details about the syllabus will be mentioned on the website. The syllabus can be check by students through online mode. Candidates have to check syllabus separately for INICET & INISS exam
The topics covered in the PGIMER test in INI CET exam will be from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, G.K, etc.
PGIMER Preparation Tips
Here we have provided some PGIMER preparation tips for the exam:
- Go through the whole syllabus and the exam pattern of the INI CET & INI SS 2023.
- Do regular practice for the exam.
- Try to avoid last minute preparations.
- Make your proper schedule and stick to it.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Stay focused on your studies by avoiding all kinds of distractions.
PGIMER 2023 Result
PGIMER 2023 Result will be released individually for INI CET & INI SS. It will be available from June 2023 through INI SS and will be released in May 2023 through INI CET
To check the result, candidate have to use their login credentials. There is release of merit list for those who have cleared the test as per their category. Those who have their names listed in the merit list have to appear for counselling.
PGIMER 2023 Cut off
Those who will score the minimum cut off marks, will clear the entrance exam and considered eligible for admission to the courses. The category wise cut off marks is given below:
- General: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- ST/ SC: 40%
For INI SS exam, students are required to score 50% or more marks in Stage I & 2 exam. Seats will not be allocated to students who will secure more marks in Stage I & less in Stage II.
PGIMER 2023 Merit List
PGIMER 2023 Merit List is made available separately on the website for INI CET & SS. List of students qualified in exam are named on the list along with other details.
For AIIMS, separate list is released as AIIMS merit list (AML) & for other institutions the common merit list (CML) has been released.
PGIMER 2023 Counselling
PGIMER 2023 counselling registration has been started from 9th December 2022. The counselling process for MD/ MS course will be held in four rounds. The allotment will be done based on the marks secured by the students in the written exam. Students must not miss the PGIMER counselling details which is provided on the website.
If the seats are not allotted in the first round, candidates need to appear in the second or third round. At the time of counselling students have to submit the counselling fee for participating in various rounds. All the important documents must be carried by the students at the time of counselling. Some of the documents to be carried during counselling are:
- MBBS Mark sheet
- MBBS Internship mark sheet
- 10th level mark sheet and certificate
- MCI registration certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Internship certificate
- Category certificate
- Application form printout
- Valid id proof, etc.
If you have any other query related to PGIMER 2023, you can ask your query in comments section given below.