SAAT 2020: Counselling (Started), Allotment (Released), Dates
SAAT 2020 Branch Allotment has been released for B.Tech courses. Result/ Rank Card has been released on 17th August 2020. The exam has been organised by Siksha ‘O’ Anushandhan University. It is a university level entrance test conducted every year to offer admission in various UG and PG programmes. Candidates have to qualify the admission test to get admission in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (Agriculture), M.Sc (Agriculture) and various other courses. However, admission into medical and dental programmes will be offered only through NEET Scores. Through this article, candidates will get to know the complete details regarding SAAT 2020.
SAAT 2020 Notifications – Branch Allotment Released
SAAT 2020 Branch Allotment has been released for B.Tech courses. Check here for details.
SAAT 2021 Exam will be organized in the month of April 2021. Get complete details about SAAT 2021 here.
SAAT 2020 Result/ Rank Card has been released on 17th August 2020. Check here for result details.
SAAT 2020 Exam Dates
Check the complete official SAAT 2020 exam dates below for various events:
|Online Registration Starts||2nd January 2020|
|Last date to register||11th August 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||August 2020|
|Slot I: 3rd to 7th August 2020|
Slot II: 10th to 14th August 2020
|Announcement of Result (B.Tech)||17th August 2020|
|Choice filling (Engineering only)||–|
Counselling/Provisional Admission (Engineering Only)
|17th August 2020|
|21st September 2020|
SAAT 2020 Counselling
SAAT Counselling is organising in Online mode based on the merit and performance of the candidates. The detailed process and schedule will be notified after the ranks will be published online.
The certificate verification of the candidates can be also done at the time of counselling process. Choice filling has begin from 17th August 2020. Branch allotment has been released by the authority on 21st September 2020.
Candidates who are selected successfully through the counselling are admitted and registered as a student of SOA University automatically.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
SAAT 2020 Application Form
Check complete details of SAAT 2020 Application Form below:
- The Online Application Form of SAAT 2020 has been released from 2nd January 2020.
- The online application process consist of various steps – Online registration, filling the personal and academic details, uploading of photograph and signature, selection of exam centre and final submission of form.
- Complete application process will be through online mode only.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly and submit before the last date to avoid rejection of the form.
There will be no application fee for SAAT 2020. All the applicants can apply free of cost.
SAAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
SAAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria will vary for various programmes. Candidates must fulfil the complete eligibility criterion before applying:
For B.Tech programme or Dual Degree in Engineering:
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants must have completed their 10+2 level exam or its equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed their 12th level exam with at least of 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC category).
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying students must have passed their 12th level exams with the compulsory subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Appearing: Candidate appearing for their 12th level exams can also apply.
For B.Sc Agriculture Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exam or its equivalent exam from a recognised board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have passed his/her 12th level exams with minimum of 50% marks for general category candidates and 40% marks for ST/SC/OBC candidates.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate’s lower age limit should be 17 years and upper age limit should be 23 years as on 30 December 2020.
For M.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology, M.Sc, AMIE, MCA or its equivalent exam from a recognised board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the complete SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode & Date: SAAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in offline as well as online mode on 3rd to 7th August 2020 for slot I and 10th to 14th August 2020 for slot II.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 120 questions in the paper.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in the English language.
- Time Duration: The total time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be given for every correct answer. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Check the questions and marks distribution in the below given table for B.Tech programme:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
SAAT 2020 Syllabus
SAAT 2020 Syllabus vary according to the courses chosen by the candidates. For the UG programmes, the syllabus for entrance test will contain topics from the 10+2 level and for PG programmes from the graduation degree level topics.
For B.Tech / B.sc Nursing / B.Sc. Agriculture/ B.Pharm:
Syllabus for B.Tech / B.sc Nursing / B.Sc. Agriculture/ B.Pharm programmes for various subjects is given below:
- Physics: Physics and measurement, Kinematics, Law of motion, Work, Energy and power, Rotational motion, Gravitation, Thermodynamics, Properties of solid, liquid and gases etc.
- Chemistry: Matter and its nature, Dalton’s atomic theory; Concept of atom, molecule, element and compound; Physical quantities and their measurements in Chemistry etc.
- Mathematics: Complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals, Representation of complex numbers and their representation in a plane, Argand diagram, algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument etc
- Biology: Open circulation, closed circulatory system in man: Structure of Heart, cardiac cycle, arteries, veins, capillaries, portal system, coronary circulation, blood pressure etc.
SAAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the given below preparation tips to enhance their exam preparation and qualify the test successfully:
- Cover the whole syllabus topic wise during the preparation.
- Be positive and believe in yourself.
- Practice by attempting online or offline mock tests.
- Don’t forget to make short notes at the time of covering syllabus.
- Revise those topics regularly in which students are finding difficulty.
- Be focused during the preparation and exam time.
SAAT 2020 Admit Card
Before the commencement of entrance test of SAAT 2020, the admit card will be released through online mode. SAAT Admit card will be made available for download from August 2020.
To download the admit card, students are required to login online and enter their username and password. The admit card must be carried by the students on the exam day with a valid photo id proof for entry into the exam hall.
SAAT 2020 Result
SAAT Result has been published online from 17th August 2020. The result of the candidates has been displayed after entering exam roll no and date of birth. Each of the candidates qualifying the test will get rank cards.
The rank card will mention various details like name of the applicant, roll number, category, registration number, total percentage, qualifying status, counselling dates etc.
Only candidates qualifying the admission test will be included in the merit list and then called for further counselling process.
If you have any query regarding SAAT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.