TISSNET 2021: Admit Card (Released), Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
TISSNET 2021 Admit Card has been released on 9th February 2021. It is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS). TISSNET is a university level entrance test which will be organized to offer admission into various Master’s Degree Programmes. TISS will offer admission through TISSNET in more than 55 programmes in its various campuses. Various courses offered under TISSNET will be MA, M.Sc., M.P.H., M.H.A and much more. The various campuses offering admission are located in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati, MHAT Calicut, Tuljapur, Chennai, Nagaland and many others. Candidates must read below article for details like exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and its fee and much more regarding TISSNET 2021.
TISSNET 2021 Notification – Admit Card Released
TISSNET 2021 Admit Card has been released on 9th February 2021. Check here for admit card details.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must go through following table regarding TISSNET Exam Date:
|Application form||3rd December 2020|
|Last date to submit online application||25th January 2021|
|Last date to submit application form by post||25th January 2021|
|Hall ticket availability||9th February 2021|
|TISSNET 2021 Exam||20th February 2021|
|Result declaration||Last week of February 2021|
|Pre Interview Test & Personal Interview|
|Merit list announcement||–|
|Online document uploading & fee payment by selected candidate||–|
|Announcement of 1st wait list (for all programmes)||–|
|Uploading of online documents & fee payment by selected candidates from waitlist 1||–|
|Original document verification & fee payment||–|
|Closing of admission||–|
TISSNET 2021 Admit Card
Hall Ticket or Admit card has been made available on website via online mode. TISSNET Admit Card has been published on 9th February 2021. Candidates must have to enter their registered mail ID & phone number to download it.
It is mandatory for all applied candidates to carry admit card at the examination centre. No candidates will be allowed to sit for the exam without hall ticket along with valid ID proof (Aadhar card, driving license, etc.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding TISSNET Exam Pattern:
- Mode of exam: TISSNET 2021 examination will be organized via online mode (computer-based).
- Medium: Questions will be in English medium language.
- No. of questions: There will be 100 questions in the question paper.
- Questions type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Exam Duration: Candidates will get 1 hour 40 minutes to solve the question paper.
- Subjects: Test will be prepared from Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and English Proficiency.
Here we are providing table regarding total marks in each subject:
|National common written test||100|
|Pre- Interview Test/ GD||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||75|
TISSNET 2021 Syllabus
TISSNET syllabus will contain various topics from each section as General awareness, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics.
- General Awareness: Topics under general awareness will be as environment & ecology, Labour, Sports, Politics, Sports, economy, etc.
- English Proficiency: It will consist of Questions on Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension.
- Logical Reasoning: It includes topics as alphabet series, logical connectivity, Venn diagrams, Puzzles, cubes and many others.
- Mathematics: It will contain topics as algebra, profit & loss, percentage, ratio & proportion, percentage, etc.
Here we are providing some preparation tips & tricks which will be helpful for candidates while preparing for TISSNET:
- Make proper time table & strictly follow it.
- Clear your basic concepts by starting from basics.
- Prepare from online lectures & mobile apps.
- Solve sample paper, previous year question paper and mock tests.
- Do not study new topics at the last moment.
- Keep atleast last one week only for revision.
- Take healthy diet & proper sleep of 8 hours.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
TISSNET 2021 Result
TISSNET Result will be made available via online mode in last week of February 2021. Candidates will be able to check their result by using their login credentials. It will get declare in the form of score card.
Result will contain all details such as candidates name, roll number, marks scored in each subject, total marks, percentage and result status (as pass or fail). Candidates will get select on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam.
TISSNET 2021 Cut-off
Cut-off will be the minimum marks candidates will have to score to qualify the examination. TISSNET Cut-off expected for general category candidates will be 45% & 35% for reserved category candidates.
Cut-off will be based on various factors such as no. of candidates appeared in the entrance exam, total marks, previous year cut-off trend and various other factors. In case two or more candidates scored equal marks, TISS will compare marks of candidates at various levels to solve the tie- breaking criteria.
TISSNET Admission Procedure
TISSNET Admission procedure will consist of two stages as Group discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI) round/ Pre- Interview Test (PIT). Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted for both rounds.
During GD & PI round, candidate’s knowledge will get tested of the chosen subject. Some of the programmes will have GD or Aptitude Test (AT) as a part of PIT. Students will have to report at allotted institute with the necessary documents.
TISSNET 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through following dates regarding TISSNET Application Form:
- TISSNET 2021 application form has been made available from 3rd December 2020.
- Candidates are able to submit the application form via online mode through E- application process.
- Candidates from remote place where no Internet or Telecommunication facility are available are able to get a printed copy of the application form from institute.
- The last date to submit application form will be till 25th January 2021 for online mode and 25th January 2021 for application by post.
- During registration, candidates are only be able to apply for a maximum three programme across any two of the TISS & other campus.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for multiple programmes & will have to pay for each of those programmes.
- Incomplete or multiple application form will be rejected so candidates must fill only one form carefully & completely.
- For offline application form, candidates must be requested for print copy of application through speed post with certain amount of fee at following given address:
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deoner Mumbai, 400088
- Candidates are able to submit application fee via online as well as offline mode.
- Application fee as per mode & for various category will be as:
|Mode of payment||Category||No. of Programmes|
|Online mode- credit card, debit card or net banking||General||1030||2060||3090|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL||260||520||780|
|Cash Deposit in any SBI branch using challan||General||1000||2000||3000|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL||250||500||750|
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check following eligibility norms before applying for TISSNET 2021:
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelors or equivalent degree of minimum 3 or 4 years duration.
- Age limit: There will be no age limit to apply for TISSNET 2021.
- For LL.M: Candidates must have qualified LL.B degree with atleast 50% marks from any recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation degree will be also eligible to apply for TISSNET 2021.
If you have any other queries regarding TISSNET 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below in the comment box.