TS PGECET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
TS PGECET 2020 will be managed by the Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). It is a postgraduate state level examination conducted for admission in various PG courses in the field of engineering, technology, pharmacy, architecture etc. Here we have provided details regarding TS PGECET 2020 examination, including exam dates, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the TS PGECET 2020 important dates from below:
|Issue of notification||2nd week of March 2020|
|Starting of online application form||2nd week of March 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application fee (Without late fee)||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission application fee (with a late fee of Rs. 500/-)||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission application fee (with a late fee of Rs. 2000/-)||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission application fee (with a late fee of Rs. 5000/-)||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date for submission application fee (with a late fee of Rs. 10000/-)||Last week of May 2020|
|Application form correction||2nd week of May 2020|
|Downloading of hall tickets||4th week of May 2020|
|Examination date||Last week of May 2020|
|Response sheet release||Last week of May 2020|
|Answer key and question paper release||1st week of June 2020|
|Result/ rank card declaration||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling starts||Month of August 2020|
TS PGECET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check this section to know about application form details:
- The TS PGECET 2020 application form will be released in 2nd week of March 2020.
- Candidates can fill and submit their application form through online mode.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 1st week of May 2020 (without late fee) and till last week of May 2020 (with late fee).
- Candidates with GATE/ GPAT score will have to fill separate application form.
- Correction facility will be provided by the university via online mode.
- Candidates must fill the application form carefully.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of application form for further process.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode via credit card, debit card, internet banking and TS online, AP online centers.
- If applicants want to apply more than one course, they have to pay separate application fee.
The application fee details for various categories are given below:
|For Others||Rs. 1000/-|
TS PGECET 2020 Eligibility criteria
The TS PGECET 2020 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: Candidate should belong to state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh. Candidate should satisfy local/ non local domicile status requirements.
- M.Arch: Candidates must have passed B.Arch. degree from a recognized university.
- M.Tech: Candidates must have qualified B.E./B.Tech degree.
- M.Pharmacy: B. Pharma degree is mandatory to apply for this course.
- Pharm.D: Candidates must have passed 3 years B. Pharmacy degree.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates will have to obtain minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam. SC/ST candidates will have to obtain 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate can check the TS PGECET 2020 exam pattern below:
- Mode: The exam will be held through online mode.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Sessions: There will be 2 sessions i.e. morning (10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) and evening (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the exam.
The TS PGECET 2020 conducted for 17 papers. The paper name along with their code is given below:
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Bio- Medical Engineering||BM|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geo Engineering and Geo Informatics||GG|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
TS PGECET 2020 Syllabus
The TS PGECET 2020 syllabus will be different as per the courses. Here we have mentioned the syllabus for some courses:
Architecture and Planning (AR):
Housing, landscape design, computer aided design, visual and urban design, building services, building constructions and managements, material and structural services, service and amenities and developments, planning theory, techniques of planning
Engineering mathematics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, electronic engineering, electronics and instrumentation engineering
- Engineering Mathematics: Differential equation, probability and statics, linear algebra, mathematics calculus, numerical methods.
- Biotechnology: Plant and animal bio technology, molecular biology and genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, recombinant DNA technology.
Aerospace Technology (AS):
- Engineering Mathematics: Calculus, differential calculus, linear algebra, numerical methods.
- Aerodynamics: Airfoils and wings, wind tunnel testing, structural dynamics, stress and strain, viscous flows, compressible flows, basic fluid mechanics, propulsion, flight vehicle structures.
- Flights Mechanics: Atmosphere, airplane performance, static stability and dynamic stability etc.
- Space Dynamics: Determination of trajectory and orbital period in simple cases and orbit transfer, central force motion.
- Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Engineering: Foundation engineering, soil mechanics.
- Water Resources Engineering Transportation Engineering: hydrology, irrigation, air pollution, water requirement, traffic engineering and surveying, fluid mechanics and hydraulics, Noise pollution, highway planning.
- Structural Engineering: Structural analysis, solid mechanics, concrete structures and steel structures.
- Engineering Mathematics: Calculus, differentials equations, complex variables, probability and statics, linear algebra, numerical method and mechanics.
Here are some preparation tips that candidate may follow in order to perform well in the exam:
- Students can practice the mock test to analyze their performance.
- Make yourself familiar with the entire exam syllabus & pattern.
- Try to make a proper time table and follow accordingly.
- Students can solve previous year question papers on daily basis.
- Maintain your health during the exam preparations.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their TS PGECET 2020 admit card from 4th week of May 2020. To download the admit card candidates will have to enter their registration number, date of birth and stream.
Candidates can get their admit card through online mode. Candidate must check all the details given on the admit card. Candidates are advised to take a printout of admit card for further exam and admission procedure.
TS PGECET 2020 Answer Key
TS PGECET 2020 answer key will be published through online mode in 1st week of June 2020. Candidates can calculate their rough scores through the answer key.
Candidate can also raise objections against the answer key with valid proof. After receiving the objections, the authority will release the final answer key.
TS PGECET 2020 Result
The TS PGECET 2020 result will be released from 2nd week of June 2020. It will be available only through online mode. No other mode will be entertained to check the result. The TS PGECET rank card will be released along with the result.
Candidates will have to carry a hard copy of the rank card to the counselling center. Candidates are advised to take the printout of your rank card for admission procedure.
TS PGECET 2020 Cut Off
The cut off will be the minimum score that candidates have to score in the entrance examination to be considered for admission in Telangana state. TS PGECET 2020 cut off will be based on various factors like availability of seats, number of candidates applied for the exam and much more.
Authority will release the cut off through online mode. There will be no minimum mark criteria applicable for ST/SC category candidates.
TS PGECET 2020 Counselling
The TS PGECET 2020 counselling will be organized from month of August 2020. It will be organized in different rounds depending upon the availability of seats. Counselling process will be held through online mode.
Counselling will be divided into various steps such as registration, document verification, counselling fee payment, seat allotment and reporting to the allocated colleges. Counselling round will include document verification and personal interview round. Candidates need to carry these documents on the day of counselling:
- Mark sheet and certificate of 10th class
- Mark sheet and certificate of 12th class
- TS PGECET 2020 score card
- TS PGECET 2020 hall ticket
- Graduation degree
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs
For any other query regarding the TS PGECET 2020 examination, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.