AMU 2020: Application Correction (Started), Exam Pattern, Syllabus
As per the advisory given by the government of India, AMU 2020 examination has been postponed till 2nd April. AMU 2020 Application Correction has been started from 10th March 2020. It is a university level entrance exam conducted every year by Aligarh Muslim University. Through this entrance test, admission is provided to the candidates in various UG, PG and diploma courses in the Science, Arts and Commerce streams. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test to get admission into programmes like B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), BA(Hons), M.sc (bio-technology), MBA, MBA (IB)/PG etc,. Admission into MBBS/BDS/MS/MD/MDS and PG Diploma courses will be through NEET only after registering online. Eligible students from various parts of the country as well as foreign countries are selected for admission through the test. Aspirants can go through this article to know various details about AMU 2020.
AMU 2020 Notifications – Exam Postponed
AMU 2020 Exam Dates has been postponed till 2nd April, 2020. Check here for details.
AMU 2020 Application Form Correction has been started from 10th March 2020. Check here for application details.
AMU 2020 Exam Dates
Get various official AMU dates below, for various events of B.Tech programme admission and other courses:
For B.Tech Programme:
|Application form release||16th January 2020|
|Last date to submit application Form||25th February 2020 & 7th March (with late fee)|
|Application correction window||10th – 14th March 2020|
|Release of Admit card||4th week of April 2020|
|Date of exam||31st May 2020|
|Release of Answer key||3rd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling starts||Last week of June 2020|
For Other Courses:
|Courses||Last Date to Apply||Test Dates|
|BA (Hons.)||21st February & 7th March (with late fee)||12th April 2020|
|B.SC (Hons.)||21st February & 7th March (with late fee)||12th April 2020|
|B.Com (Hons.)||21st February & 7th March (with late fee)||12th April 2020|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/PG||27th February & 7th March (with late fee)||7th June 2020|
|B.Ed||27th February & 7th March (with late fee)||7th June 2020|
|BA (LLB)||21st February & 7th March (with late fee)||13th April 2020|
|SSSC & Diploma in Eng.||25th February & 7th March (with late fee)||19th April 2020|
AMU 2020 Application Form
The details regarding AMU 2020 Application Form is given below:
- AMU 2020 Application form has been released online from 16th January 2020.
- Candidates have to register online with working email-id & mobile number after which log-in ID & password will be sent on the same.
- Candidate must apply by filling single form. Submission of multiple forms will lead to rejection.
- The Application process consist of various steps – Online Registration, Filling the mandatory details, uploading of photo, signature and thumb impression and fee payment.
- Last date to apply for B.Tech programmes 7th March 2020.
- Students are able to make correction from 10th to 14th March 2020.
- After filling the form, candidates have to attach the necessary documents with the printed filled application form and send by post/courier along with demand draft to the university.
The Application of AMU 2020 for various programmes is given below:
- For B.Tech/ BA LLB and MBA/MBA (IB) – Rs.650
- For MBBS/BDS – Rs.500
- For B.Com, B.Sc, BA (HONS.) – Rs.400
Mode of Payment
- By online mode, the fee payment can be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- By offline mode, students can pay through Bank Challan of Canara Bank or ICICI.
- The fee can also be paid through Demand draft drawn in the favor of “Finance Officer” payable at Aligarh.
AMU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
AMU Eligibility Criteria vary for various programmes. Check it from below:
For B.Tech/B.Arch Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 12th level / diploma in engineering or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Student must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidate must have passed his qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English subjects (PCME).
For B.Com (Hons) Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 12th level (Commerce) or its equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Student must have obtained minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidate must have passed his qualifying exam with Accounts & English subjects along with any two subjects among Business Studies, Economics, Commerce, Business Organization, Banking, Mathematics, Statistics or Entrepreneurship.
For MCA Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have done his/her Bachelor Degree in Science or B. Tech. / B. Arch. / B.E from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Student must have secured minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidate must have studied Physics & Mathematics in the 12th level and in the bachelor’s degree with Mathematics along with any two subjects among Physics, Statistics, Computer Application, Chemistry, Computer Maintenance, Information Technology as main or subsidiary subject.
AMU 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the AMU Exam pattern below before filling the application form:
- Exam Mode and Date: AMU 2020 exam will be conducted on various dates for various programmes in offline mode.
- Sections: For B.Tech program, the question paper will consist of 3 sections – Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the paper.
- Number of Questions: Total of 150 questions will be there in the paper. Each section will have 50 questions.
- Time Duration: Total time of 3 hours will be given to complete the test.
- Total Marks: For B.Tech, the question paper will be of total 150 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be given. For incorrect answers, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
The exam pattern will be different for various programmes. Check the pattern for various courses in the below provided table:
|Course||Duration||Number of questions||Total Marks||Marking scheme|
|B.Tech, B.Arch||3 hours||150||150||Correct- carries 1 mark|
|B.A (Hons)||2 hours||100||100||Correct- carries 1 mark|
|MBA||3 hours||200||200||Correct- carries 1 mark|
|B.Com (Hons)||2 hours||100||100||Correct- carries 1 mark|
AMU 2020 Syllabus
Check below AMU 2020 Syllabus according to various courses:
- For B.Tech – Questions in the AMUEEE 2020 will be from various topics of the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry studied in the 11th and 12th level.
- For MBA – For admission into MBA, the syllabus will contain various topics from environmental awareness, quantitative & numerical ability, comprehension & verbal ability, Reasoning & intelligence, Data analysis & interpretation.
- For BA LLB – Topics from the syllabus of BA LLB will be from General English, Current affairs & Reasoning & Aptitude.
AMU 2020 Preparation Tips
Students can follow the below given AMU Exam Preparation tips to qualify AMU 2020:
- Check all the details of the prescribed syllabus online before beginning your preparation.
- Prepare from NCERT books for various tests.
- Make time table for the entrance exam and follow it strictly.
- Practice for the entrance exam by solving previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Try doing yoga & meditation for increasing concentration level.
- Revise each topic at the end of each day.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
AMU 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of AMU 2020 will be released through online mode. It will not be sent through post or any other offline mode. Only those candidates who would have submitted their application form successfully will be able to download the admit card.
Students will get their admit card two days prior to the test. After downloading the admit card, students have to affix their recent passport size photograph on the admit card. No candidate will allow to enter the venue without admit card.
AMU 2020 Answer Key
AMU 2020 Answer key will be released online after the completion of tests. Candidates who will appear in the entrance exam of AMU 2020 will be able to check their correct & incorrect answers through the answer key.
A set-wise answer key will be prepared and published for every program. Students using the answer key will also be able to calculate their probable score of the test.
AMU 2020 Result
The results of AMU 2020 will be declared in the second week of June 2020 through online mode. To check the results students are required to click on the online link of downloading the result and enter their login credentials.
AMU 2020 result will show the complete details of the candidate such as personal details, marks scored in each section, minimum score & rank details. After the release of result, the schedule for the counselling process will be notified.
AMU 2020 Cut-Off
AMU 2020 Cut Off marks will be different for various categories. The cut-off will be the minimum qualifying marks to short-list the eligible candidates. To get admission into various UG & PG courses in the University, it is necessary to secure equal to or above the qualifying marks.
The cut-off will depend upon various factors such as total number of candidates, number of candidates appearing in the exam, number of candidates qualifying the exam, difficulty level of exam & the number of seats.
AMU 2020 Counselling
AMU 2020 Counselling/Group Discussion/Interview will be conducted by the University after selecting the test qualifying candidates. It will be organized separately for various courses by the University.
List of selected candidates will be displayed on the notice boards of the individual departments. According to the rank in the merit list, candidate will be called for the counselling. Seats allocation and document verification will be also done at the time of counselling.
If you have any other query regarding AMU 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.