BCECE 2024: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
BCECE 2024 application form will release in third week of May 2024. Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is a state level entrance exam conducted every year. The exam is conducted to provide admission in various Undergraduate programmes. It will be conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB). The candidates who will be selected in the exam will get admission in agriculture, pharmacy, architecture, and medical courses in several colleges in Bihar. Interested candidates will be able to apply through online mode. Here in this article, we have provided details about BCECE 2024 such as application form, eligibility, pattern, etc.
BCECE 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||BCECE 2024|
|Full form||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Exam level||State level|
|Conducting by||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate courses|
BCECE 2024 Exam Date
Check the tentative exam dates for BCECE 2024 mentioned below:
|Online application form||3rd week of May 2024|
|Last date to apply||1st week of June 2024|
|Last date of payment through challan||1st week of June 2024|
|Correction facility||2nd week of June 2024|
|Admit card||4th week of June 2024|
|Exam date||1st week of July 2024|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of July 2024|
|Counselling||4th week of July 2024|
BCECE 2024 Application Form
Here are details about BCECE 2024 Application form with some key instructions below:
- The Application form for BCECE 2024 will be available through online mode.
- Candidates must fill the application form with details such as personal, academic details, contact details, etc.
- BCECE 2024 Application Form will release in third week of May 2024.
- Upload the scanned signature and photographs in prescribed size and format to complete application form.
- While filling the details candidates must review all the filled details as no correction facility will be provided to the candidates.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till first week of June 2024.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- BCECE 2024 Application Fee will be submitted through online and offline mode.
- Candidates will be able to submit the form using credit card, debit card, and Net Banking.
- For offline mode candidates will be able to pay using NEFT challan.
The application fee for different subjects are as follows:
|Subject Combination||General/ OBC||SC/ ST/ DQ|
|PCM/ PCA/ CBA/ MCA/ MBA||Rs 1000/-||Rs 500/-|
|PCMB||Rs 1100/-||Rs 550/-|
How to Apply for BCECE 2024
- Step-1: Go to the website (link will be given above).
- Step-2: Candidates must register by entering basic details such as name, date of birth, etc.
- Step-3: Candidates have to fill the application form i.e., personal, educational details, phone number, etc.
- Step-4: Upload scanned photograph and signature in prescribed size and format.
- Step-5: Then pay the application fee through online and offline mode both.
- Step-6: Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
BCECE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BCECE 2024 is provided below:
For Engineering course:
- Domicile: The candidates must have domicile certificate of Bihar state to be eligible.
- Qualification: Candidate must qualify 12th class or its equivalent from any recognized board.
- Applicants who have valid score in JEE Main are also eligible to apply for exam.
- Subjects: In qualifying exam candidate must pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subject.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidate must score at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST).
For Pharmacy courses:
- Age Limit: The minimum age of candidate must be 16 years as on 31st December 2024.
- Qualification: The candidate must pass 12th level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Subject: In qualifying exam candidate must pass in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology (PCMB) subject.
- Marks: To be eligible candidate must score at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category).
BCECE 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the exam pattern for BCECE 2024 given below:
- Exam mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based).
- Medium: The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi language.
- Type of question: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the exam.
- Duration: The duration of the paper will be 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes) to solve the paper.
- No. of Questions: There will be total 100 questions in the paper.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates can check the weigtage of questions below:
|Subjects||Total number of Questions||Total Marks|
BCECE 2024 Syllabus
BCECE Syllabus will be based on 11th and 12th level such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates can check some topics below:
- Physics: Physical world and measurement, kinematics, laws of motion, work, energy, and power, motion of system of particles and rigid body, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, heat and thermodynamics, oscillations and waves, electro statistics, current electricity, electronic devices.
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts of chemistry, structure of atom, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrogen, solutions, chemical kinetics.
- Mathematics: Sets, relation & functions, trigonometric function, algebra, co-ordinate geometry, calculus, mathematical reasoning, statistics & probability, sequence and series, Integral calculus, Application of Binomial Theorem, Continuity & Differentiability.
- Biology: Diversity in living world, structural organization in animals and plants, cell, plant physiology, human physiology, sexual reproduction, genetics and evolution, ecology & environment, biotechnology, and its applications.
- Agriculture: Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology, solid as medium plant growth, plant breeding and genetics, agriculture engineering, crop protection, animal husbandry, dairy and fish production, basic horticulture, preservation of fruits and vegetable.
BCECE 2024 Preparation Tips
Here are some BCECE Preparation tips that candidates must follow to perform better in the exam.
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCECE 2024 Admit Card
BCECE Admit Card will release in fourth week of June 2024 through online mode. To download the admit card candidates have to enter the login credentials. The admit card contains details such as candidate’s name, father’s name, category, venue, date, and date of birth, etc.
Candidates should carry their admit cards on the day of the examination as no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without it. Authority will release the admit card only for registered candidate for the examination.
BCECE 2024 Reservation Criteria
Candidates who belong to Bihar state and belong to different classes are eligible to get the reservation criteria by the Bihar Government. Check the reservation criteria below:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
BCECE 2024 Result
The BCECE result will be based on the candidate performance in the entrance exam. The result will declare in second week of July 2024 through online mode. In order to check the result candidates have to enter registration number and roll number.
The separate merit list will be drawn for different courses. Applicants who will be qualified their name will appear in the merit list. The result will not be send individually to the candidates by mail or any other offline mode.
BCECE 2024 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be minimum mark that candidates will have to achieve in order to be eligible for admission. Applicants must score more than or equal to cut off to get higher preference at the time of admission. BCECE Cut off will be released through online mode by the authority.
The cut off depends of various factors such as total number of candidates appearing, reserved category candidates, total seats available for admission, level of difficulty of exam, etc.
BCECE 2024 Counselling
BCECE Counselling will start in fourth week of July 2024 through online mode. Those applicants who will clear the BCECE exam and appear on the rank list/ merit list will participate in the counselling process. The seats will be allotted based on the rank of the candidates.
Candidates are required to register for counselling by entering the login details and preference for college and course. Candidates are also required to carry the following documents during the counselling process.
Documents Required at Counselling
- 10th marksheet/ certificate.
- 12th mark sheet/ certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- BCECE 2024 score card
- BCECE 2024 Admit Card
- Admission Form
- Passport size photographs
Participating Colleges of BCECE 2024
Here are list of participating institutes given that accepts BCECE scores below:
- BIT Gaya (Buddha Institute of Technology)
- Darbhanga College of Engineering
- Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Institute of Technology
- Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- Millia Institute of Technology
- Nalanda College of Engineering
- Purnea College of Engineering
- Saharsa College of Engineering
- Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology
- BP College of Engineering
- Gaya College of Engineering
- Katihar Engineering College
- Sityog Institute of Technology
Leave your comments in comment section if you have any other query related to BCECE 2024.