BITSAT 2017: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
The BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test) is a university level entrance test organized by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. It is organized to provide admission in first year degree in various UG and PG programmes like B.Tech, B.Pharma and M.Sc courses. The BITS offers admission in three campuses i.e. BITS Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus. It is one of the most sought university entrance exam by the students wishing to get admission in BITS campuses. The exam is conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test) on 16th May – 30th May 2017. Candidates may get the information of BITSAT 2017 including application form, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus.
BITSAT 2017 Notification – Application Started
BITSAT 2017 application has been started from 29th December 2016. Click here for application form.
Applicants can find BITSAT 2017 application number by entering their registered details. Click here to get application number.
At Pilani Campus: BE (Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science, Electronics & Instrumentation, Manufacturing and Mechanical)/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc (Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and General Studies).
Latest Application Forms Available
- Apply online for B.Tech from Uttaranchal University, Dehradun. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Manipal University, Karnataka. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from SRM University, Chennai. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Bennett University, Noida. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Alliance University, Bangalore. Apply Now
At K. K. Birla Goa Campus: BE (Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Chemical, Electronics & Instrumentation and Mechanical)/ M.Sc (Chemistry, Economics, Biological Sciences, Mathematics and Physics).
At Hyderabad Campus: BE (Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical and Manufacturing)/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc (Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Economics,).
BITSAT Exam Dates 2017
Official dates of BITSAT 2017 are listed below:
|Online application starts||29th December 2016|
|Last date to submit the online application||6th March, 2017|
|Corrections in application form||7th – 10th March, 2017|
|Test center allotment||15th March, 2017|
|Exam Slot booking||20th March to 5th April 2017|
|Admit card download||15th April to 10th May 2017|
|Exam Schedule (CBT)||16th May – 30th May 2017|
|Apply for admission||20th May to 30th June 2017|
|Wait List announce||1st July, 2017|
BITSAT 2017 Application Form
- Candidates can fill and submit the BITSAT 2017 Application Form online through the official website of BITSAT.
- The applications form has been available from 29th December 2016.
- Offline application forms will not be available for this exam.
- The application fee for BITSAT exam is RS.2750/- (Rs.2250/- for female candidates).
- If candidate has opted Dubai as a test center, the application fee will be US $60 (Rs.4000/-) for both male and female candidates.
- The application fee payment can be made through net banking, credit/debit card or by cash payment at any branch of ICICI Bank.
- Candidates are suggested to keep the printout of filled application form for further use.
Watch the Complete Video of How to fill BITSAT Application Form 2017:
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- For admission to all programmes (except B.Pharma): Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Subjects
- For admission in B.Pharma: Candidates must have cleared 12th or equivalent exam with PCB or PCM group with English subject.
- Candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB or PCM group.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Aspirants who have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
BITSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based mode).
- Sections: The question paper will consist of four sections.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprises of 150 objective type questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response three marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Negative marking will not be considered for no response.
The BITSAT exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions|
|III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)
BITSAT Syllabus 2017
The syllabus will be based on the NCERT books for 11th and 12th class. The questions will be asked from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates can also prepare from NCERT textbooks.
BITSAT Syllabus for Physics
- Units & Measurement
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Current Electricity
- Modern Physics
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Electronic Devices
BITSAT Syllabus for Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Electro chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- s-p-d and f-blocks elements
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbon
- Stereo chemistry
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
BITSAT Syllabus for Mathematics
- Complex numbers
- The fundamental theorem of algebra
- Theory of Quadratic equations
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions
- Logarithms and their properties
- Exponential series
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial theorem, Pascal’s triangle
- Circles, Straight lines & Pair of straight lines
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Matrices Determinants
- Heights and Distances
BITSAT Syllabus for English Proficiency
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- Word Formation
- Error Correction
- Theme detection
- Fill in the Blanks
- Unseen Passages
- Idioms & Phrases
- Passage Correction
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence Correction
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Completion
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Rearrangement
BITSAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Binary Logic
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-verbal Reasoning
- Puzzle Test
- Classification Test
- Alphabet Test
- Eligibility Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Theme Detection
- Blood Relations
- Series Completion
- Assertion & Reason
- Clocks & Calendars
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Situation Reaction Test
- Statement – Arguments
- Statement – Conclusions
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Number and Letter Series
- Mathematical Operations
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
- Linear and Matrix arrangement
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
BITSAT 2017 Admit Card
After registering for the test and reserve test dates, candidates can download their BITSAT 2017 Admit Card. The admit card will be downloaded through the official site of BITSAT between15th April to 10th May 2017. Candidates note down it is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center. The admit card will contain the address of exam venue, test timing, personal details of candidates and a photo.
BITSAT 2017 Result
The BITSAT 2017 Result will be released after all the tests are completed. Candidates can check their result through the official portal of BITSAT. Candidates are advised to take printout of the results and keep it safe till the admission procedure. Candidates will not be permitted to re-appear for the test in the same year. A merit list will be prepared for admission on the basis of marks scored in the BITSAT exam.
BITSAT 2018 will be managed by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani. BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test) is university level exam conduct for admission into all the degree courses offered by BITS & its other campuses. Candidates will fill the application form from the 2nd week of January 2018.
BITSAT 2017 Cut-Off
The BITSAT cut-off scores after last iteration for admissions to first year 2016-17 session of different programmes at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses are given below. The cut off marks vary from year to year.
Click here to check the BITSAT 2016 cut-off scores
BITSAT 2017 Counselling process will begin after result declaration. First rank students of all the state and central board of India will be given direct admission to the courses of their choices. Candidates applying for admissions are required to submit the admission application with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered with required application fee before the due date at the address given below:
The Dean Admissions,
BITS, Pilani –333 031
If you have any other queries regarding BITSAT 2017, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.