BITSAT 2020: Exam Date (Announced), Admit Card, Pattern, Syllabus
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates has been announced. The exam will be held by Birla Institute of Technology and Science. This is a university level entrance exam held every year to offer admissions into various Integrated First Degree Programmes. Admission will be offered to the candidates into B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc programmes after qualifying this admission test. Candidates will get admission in the BITS campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Candidates interested for admission can register for the test by online mode. To know more details about the entrance exam, candidates can go through the information provided in this article of BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Notifications – Exam Date Announced
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates has been announced. The exam will be organized from 6th to 10th August 2020. Check here for details.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
BITSAT Exam dates for various events can be checked by the candidates in the given below table:
|Release of Application Form||11th January 2020|
|Last date of application submission||11th May 2020|
|Application correction window opens||15th – 20th May 2020|
|Exam center allotment||–|
|Exam Slot booking process||–|
|Availability of Admit card/Hall ticket||–|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam||–|
|Applying for admission (based on 12th scores)||–|
|Release of Admit list and Wait list||–|
Deadline for payment of fee/advance fees
Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration II
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Check complete details of BITSAT 2020 Application Form below:
- BITSAT 2020 Application Form has been released from 11th January 2020.
- The Application forms can be filled by the candidates through online mode.
- Last date to submit the application form is till 11th May 2020.
- In case candidates want to make modification in the details of application, the corrections can be made from 15th to 20th May 2020.
- The complete application process will include certain steps – Online Registration, Filling the Application form, Uploading of Photograph and Signature and making payment of application fee.
- The authority will also provide application correction facility through online mode.
- Candidates applying as International applicants have to follow the same application procedure to get registered.
Application fee of BITSAT 2020 for various categories is given below:
- For Male candidates – Rs.3300
- For Female candidates fee – Rs.2800
- For Applicants opting Dubai as exam centre – Rs.6300 (US$90)
Mode of Payment: Application Fee can be paid by the applicants via credit/debit card or net banking.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria is given below for various offered courses. Candidates must check whether they are eligible or not before applying for the test:
For First degree program except B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed their 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, chemistry and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams in 2020 can apply and those who have passed their 12th in 2019 are also eligible for BITSAT.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed their 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
First rank students from all central and state boards in the year 2020, will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 score.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the complete BITSAT Exam Pattern, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: BITSAT 2020 entrance test will be conducted in online CBT mode in the month of June 2020.
- Number of Papers: The question paper will contain four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical reasoning and English proficiency.
- Number and Type of Questions: Total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English language.
- Time Duration: The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
In the below table, check the section wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
According to the BITSAT Syllabus, candidates can prefer the NCERT Syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
Topics included in the syllabus of BITSAT 2020 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra,Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming etc.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
To score good marks and rank in BITSAT 2020, candidates can follow the below given preparation tips:
- Make short notes covering all important points and concepts.
- Solve past exam papers and sample papers.
- Check the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus online before starting the exam preparation.
- Follow the test series and analyse each test.
- Whatever candidates are not getting, focus more on that part and prepare accordingly.
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
After the completion of application process, BITSAT 2020 Slot booking process will get started from May 2020.
To book exam slots, a direct online link will be provided on the website. Candidates will be able to choose test date and time between the provided timing and dates. Students have to enter their application number, date of birth, gender, email id and other required details to book exam slots.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
BITSAT Admit Card will be released online from June 2020 after the successful slot booking process. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their email id, username, application number and password.
Students must check all the details present in the admit card to be true and correct. In case any discrepancy in the admit card, contact the officials to get the problem rectified before the last date. Also, students must take a valid id proof with the admit card to get entry into the exam centre.
BITSAT 2020 Result
The result of BITSAT 2020 will be announced on the next day of the test day. Students will be able to check their result by entering their login credentials.
BITSAT Result will be announced by releasing the total number of correct and wrong answers along with the scores. Each of the participating institution will release separate cut off marks according to the opted stream and category of the candidates.
BITSAT 2020 Admission
BITSAT 2020 Counselling Procedure (Admission Form filling) will start from June 2020. Students clearing the BITSAT 2020 exam have to apply in various BITS campuses by giving details of class 12th marks and choice of programme.
There will be two list prepared for the admission procedure. One list will be prepared for all programmes (except B.Pharm) and the other list will be only for B.Pharm.
Admit list and wait list will be released online including names of the qualified candidates. The admit list will include name of candidates who have scored the cut off marks and are selected for counselling. Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced on June 2020.
While the wait list will include name of candidates who are selected but will be called for counselling process in case seats remains vacant after the admission round.
If you have any query regarding BITSAT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.