CUSAT 2023: Registration (Till 15th Mar), Dates (Out), Correction
CUSAT CAT 2023 Application Form Last date is till 15th March 2023 (with late fee) for UG, PG & till 30th April 2023 for MBA without late fee. Application Correction has been started. Exam dates have been announced. Admission process into various UG/ PG courses begins in online mode. CUSAT stands for Cochin University of Science and Technology which conducts university level exam called CAT (Common Admission Test). It is combined entrance exam for all those candidates looking for admission into various UG & PG programs offered by University.
The various UG/ PG courses offered by University are in the field of Engineering, commerce, humanities, law & management. CUSAT has 3 campuses which are located in Kochi and Alappuzha. In this article, we have provided all the details regarding CUSAT 2023 such as registration, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, counselling, etc.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Notifications – Application Till 15th March (With late fee)
CUSAT CAT 2023 Application Form Last date is till 15th March 2023 (with late fee) for UG, PG & till 30th April 2023 for MBA courses without late fee. Check here for application details.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Exam Dates have been announced. It will be conducted on 29th, 30th April 2023 and 1st May 2023. Check here for exam dates details.
CUSAT 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT 2023|
|Full-Form||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Conducting Body||CUSAT Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Type of courses||UG & PG courses|
|Level of Exam||University level|
|Mode of Application form||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
CUSAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check here official CUSAT CAT Exam dates 2023 in the given table:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Starting of registration for CAT (all UG/ PG courses except Ph.D, M.Tech & diploma)||27th January to 10th March 2023 (with fine upto 15th March 2023)|
|Remittance of fee (Online only) – for ug/ pg courses||27th January to 16th March 2023|
|Online registration to MBA programme||27th January to 30th April 2023 (with fine upto 3rd May 2023)|
|Remittance fee (Online only) – for MBA||27th January to 4th May 2023|
|Online registration to M.Tech||27th January to 8th April 2023 (with fine upto 17th April 2023)|
|Remittance fee (Online only) – for M.Tech||27th January to 18th April 2023|
|Online registration for seats reserved for International candidates||27th January to 17th April 2023|
|Issuance & receipt of applications for diploma programmes from the department/ schools concerned||27th January to 17th April 2023|
|Issuance & receipt of applications for Ph.D/ PDF programmes from the department/ schools concerned||27th January to 17th April 2023|
|Availability of admit card (UG/ PG programmes)||18th April to 1st May 2023|
|CUSAT 2023 Computer based Test (CBT)||29th, 30th April 2023 and 1st May 2023|
|Releasing of answer key||April/ May 2023|
|Declaration of result||May/ June 2023|
|Starting of counselling||June/ July 2023|
CUSAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check the CUSAT 2023 Application form details below:
- CUSAT 2023 Application form for the entrance exam has been made available by online mode.
- The application form is available from 27th January 2023.
- Candidates need to fill out the application form by entering candidate name, email address, phone number, education qualification, etc.
- Candidate must fill the application form carefully as any alteration can cause the rejection of application form.
- The last date to submit the application form will be 26th February 2023.
- Take the printout of the application form and payment receipt for future reference.
The application fee for the CUSAT 2023 is given below in the tabular format:
- The application fee will be paid through online mode.
- Candidate can pay the application fee using a Credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
|General category candidates||Rs.1,100|
|SC/ ST category candidates||Rs.500|
|Candidates belonging to KST/ KSC||Rs.5,500|
|International candidates||US$ 100|
|Candidates opting for a test center in Dubai||Rs.10,000|
How to Apply for CUSAT 2023:
Candidates can follow the given below steps to apply for the CUSAT Application Form 2023:
- Visit the website of CUSAT 2023.
- Click on “New Candidate Registration” button and submit the details.
- Fill in all the details in the CUSAT 2023 application form like personal, educational, etc.
- Upload the scanned documents like photograph and signature.
- Then candidate have to select the program in which they want to apply like Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
- Then pay the application fee and click on the submit button.
- After payment the list of available centers will be available candidates have to select one.
- Download and take the printout of the application form for future reference.
CUSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 for exam is given below:
For UG Courses:
B.Tech Marine Engineering:
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed Plus two exams of the State of Kerala, or any other examination accepted as equivalent.
- Subjects: The candidate must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects.
- Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 60% marks in PCM put together and minimum 50% marks for Mathematics only.
- SEBC candidates of Kerala state belonging to non creamy layer category are eligible for 5%
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit will be 25 years as on 1st September of admission year.
BBA/ LL.B (Hons)/ B.Com. LL.B.(Hons)
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed Plus two exams at the time of admission.
- Marks: Candidate must have score at least 60% in Science and Commerce stream and 55% marks in Arts/ Humanities stream.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST or SEBC must have secured 50% marks in plus two to seek admission.
For PG Courses:
MBA (Master of Business Administration):
- Qualification: The candidate must have Bachelors’ degree from any recognized university or institute.
- Marks: Candidate must score at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Relaxation: SEBC candidates are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum marks required.
MCA (Master of Computer Application):
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed BCA/ bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or equivalent degree OR
- Candidate must pass B.Sc./ B.Com/ BA with Mathematics at 12th level or at graduate level.
- Marks: Candidate must obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
CUSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check CUSAT Exam pattern 2023 to know about exam. We have provided pattern of B.Tech entrance test:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode (CBT).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours to solve the paper.
- Total questions: There are total 250 questions in the question paper.
- Type of questions: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking scheme: 3 marks will be given for every correct answer and -1 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check in the table distribution of questions & timing for various courses:
CUSAT B.Tech exam:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Time|
|Total||250||180 min (3 hours)|
For B.Com/ BBA/ LLB (Hons.):
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Ability in reasoning and logical thinking||50|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Proficiency in English & GK||50|
|Analytical Reasoning Capability||50|
|Compulsory papers in law as prescribed by Bar Council of India||50|
CUSAT 2023 Syllabus
CUSAT CAT Syllabus 2023 covers the entire 12th syllabus from three subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. To score well for the CUSAT 2023 exam candidates need to study well for the examination.
|Engineering||Mathematics & Science-||Mathematics This includes Number System – Sequences, Series, Complex Numbers Equations – Quadratic Equations, Differential Equations Logical and Reasoning – Sets, Relations, Functions, Mathematical Reasoning Algebra – Vector Algebra, Matrices, Determinants Geometry – Coordinate Geometry Integrals – Calculus Physics The topics in physics include Electronics – Current Electricity Velocity|
|B. Tech Programmes – Lateral Entry- English, Mathematics Engineering, Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, General Engineering-||The English section will contain questions relating to vocabulary, cognitive skills, comprehension, and grammar Mathematics – Basics, Algebra, Geometry, Equations, etc. The Engineering subjects will comprise the syllabus of the first two years||–|
|M.Sc Computer Science & MCA –Lateral Entry||Computer Science and Applications, Logical Reasoning- Computer Science This will cover C, C++. DBMS, OS, Algorithms, etc. Logical Reasoning Pictorial representations, Logical decoding, Basic math, etc.|
|BBA LLB (Hons) & B.Com LLB (Hons)||Law, Reasoning, General English, Current Affairs||The syllabus of Law will comprise of the subjects relating to the Bar Council of India|
|L L M||Law, Reasoning, General English, Current Affairs||The syllabus of Law will comprise of the subjects relating to the Bar Council of India|
CUSAT CAT Preparation Tips
Following are CUSAT preparation tips for 2023 examination to score well in the exam:
- Appropriate timetable must be prepared for studying for the exams, and they must adhere to it.
- Information must be gathered for the authoritatively prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Last year’s Question Paper must be solved for an enhanced understanding of the question pattern.
- Mental and physical well-being can be fair by doing yoga.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
CUSAT 2023 Admit Card
The CUSAT 2023 admit card will be released from 18th April 2023 to 1st May 2023 for UG/ PG through online mode. The candidates can download the admit card by entering their login credentials.
CUSAT Admit cards will not be sent to any candidate individually through post or any other offline mode. Candidates will have to bring their CUSAT 2023 admit card to the examination center, as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without a valid admit card.
CUSAT 2023 Answer Key
CUSAT 2023 Answer Key will be released after the entrance exam will be concluded. The candidates can download the answer key by online mode. CUSAT answer key 2023 will be released from May 2023. The answer key will contain all correct answers asked in the entrance examination.
The authority will release the objection facility for the candidates as if they find any discrepancy, they can raise the objection facility. The final answer key will release after objection facility will be over.
CUSAT 2023 Result
The Result will be released by the exam conducting authority for every candidate who participated in the CUSAT 2023 examination through online mode. Candidates will be able to check their CUSAT merit list from May/ June 2023.
After entering all the required details, the result for the CUSAT 2023 will appear on the screen. Candidates need to keep their admit card safe till the completion of the admission procedure as it will be required at the time of admission.
CUSAT 2023 Counselling
The Counselling process for the CUSAT 2023 will commence from June/ July 2023 through online mode. After declaration of result, candidates will be called for counselling based on the merit list. CUSAT CAT counselling will be done in various rounds and will include interviews and group discussion, etc.
Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling procedure by registering themselves on the website. Candidates need to carry some of the important documents at the time of the counselling process. The documents will be required for the verification process:
- CUSAT admit card
- CUSAT Scorecard
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Passing years mark sheets
- Admission/ counselling letter, etc.
If you have any other query regarding CUSAT CAT 2023, you can ask us in comments section below.
Hi, Will there be an editing window open for cusat registeration form correction?
It will be known to you by officials at the time of counselling.
Plus2 exam is going to conduct on feb 23, do how they can apply for the CAT 2023…?
You are advised to ask the authorities regarding this query.
Is cusat mba admission registration for 2023 open?
CUSAT registration is not yet started.
What is the minimum score required to qualify Ug prpgramme ?? And to get COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR IT ENGINEERING?
Candidates must secure 60% marks (50% for reserved category) in their qualifying exam to be eligible.
What is the minimum score required to qualify ?? And to get COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR IT ENGINEERING?
Candidates must obtained minimum 60% marks (50% for reserved category) to be eligible for the exam. To know complete eligibility you can check here.
What is MSc marine biology syllabus for entrance exam
To know the complete course wise syllabus you can visit the official admission brochure.
Is registration for PG 2023 for CUSAT published
No, registration is not started yet.