GATE 2018 Registration Started – Apply Online Here
GATE 2018 Registration Last Date has been extended till 9th October 2017. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted by IISc & IITs on the rotation basis. The exam is a gateway to get admission in postgraduate engineering & PhD programme. On the basis of GATE score, candidates can get admission in various government and private engineering institutions of the country. Candidates can check the complete information about GATE registration 2018 including eligibility criteria, application dates and how to fill the application form.
GATE 2019 Notification – Application Starts
GATE 2019 Notification has been released now. The registration has been started from 1st September 2018. Check here for GATE Application Form notification & complete details.
GATE 2018 Application Correction in Choices of Examination City can be done during 13th – 17th November 2017. Click here for correction details.
Requests for Correction in GATE 2018 Application Form are on going.Click here for correction details.
Note: Applicants, who have not verified the email address and mobile number during submission of GATE application, are advised to verify the email and mobile number at the earliest by logging into the GOAPS portal.
Note: If the status of your application is “Under Scrutiny”, you need not worry. Wait till the scrutiny team processes your application. Only those candidates whose applications need to be rectified in photo/signature/supporting documents, will be contacted by email and SMS. The scrutiny process will continue even after the application portal is closed.
GATE 2018 Registration Last Date has been over by 9th October 2017 (8:00 PM). Click here to register.
GATE 2018 Information Bulletin has been released now. Click here for information bulletin.
GATE 2018 Registration
GATE 2018 registration is done through online mode only. Candidates can register after reading the information brochure carefully.
- Candidates can apply online for GATE 2018.
- GATE 2018 application form is filled through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- The online application process was started from 1st September 2017.
- The last date to submit the application was extended till 9th October 2017.
- Candidates must enter their personal and educational details correctly.
- Due to last minute rush, the mandatory verification of email and mobile number (before submitting the GATE application form) is relaxed.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application form now without verifying the email address and mobile number.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature must be uploaded in specified format.
- Pay the application fee through online mode before the due date.
- However, candidates will be required to verify the email and mobile number later by login to GOAPS.
- All the applicants are advised to keep safe their GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password for further use.
The application fee is vary as per category and gender. Application fee for female candidates and SC/ST/PwD candidates is Rs. 750/-. For all other category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 1500/-. International candidates have to pay US $50. The fee can be paid through net banking, debit card and e-challan.
Documents/Details Required for Registration
Here we have listed the documents/details required for GATE registration:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
- Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of GATE 2018 from the below table:
|Qualification Required||Description of qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or|
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated|
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional|
International candidates can also apply. International candidates must possess the valid passport.
Candidates can register for the GATE exam in the month of September 2018. GATE 2019 Registration will be done through online mode. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted on a rotational basis by one of the IISc & IITs. It is a national level entrance exam for admission in postgraduate Engineering & Technology courses.
GATE Registration Dates 2018
The official registration dates for GATE 2018 is given below:
|Online registration starts from||1st September 2017|
|Closing date of submission of application form||9th October 2017 (Extended)|
|Last date to change examination city||17th November 2017|
|GATE 2018 exam date||3rd – 4th February & 10th – 11th February 2018|
(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
How to Apply
- Candidates have to register as a “New User” in the website.
- At the time of registration, candidates will be asked to enter email address, mobile number and GOAPS password.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate and category certificate.
- Application will not be considered complete without the fee payment.
- Candidates can edit their details before pressing the Submit & Confirm button.
- Once the application is submitted, no correction will be allowed further. However, corrections in some fields will be permitted at the time of correction period.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
For any other queries related to GATE 2018 Application form, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.