IGNOU Admission 2020: MBA Registration (Till 30th June), Date, Pattern
IGNOU 2020 Registration for OPENMAT XLVII (MBA) has been extended till 30th June 2020. IGNOU is an open university which conducts high quality entrance exam, innovative and need-based programmes at different levels. IGNOU offers nearly 227 academic courses in undergraduate & post-graduate level. From 2020 onwards, the exam will be conducted by NTA. The entrance exam for admission into various courses is organized in two sessions – January and July. Admission into management programmes is given through OPENMAT Score and into B.Ed through IGNOU B.Ed entrance test. The courses offered by IGNOU are MBA, B.Ed, M.Ed, M.Phil programme, MA & BA degree, B.Com, BCA, BTS, advance diploma ,etc. Exam schedule has been released for phase IInd by NTA. In this article, we have provided complete information regarding IGNOU 2020.
IGNOU 2020 Notifications – Registration till 30th June
IGNOU 2020 Registration for OPENMAT XLVII (MBA) has been extended till 30th June 2020. Check here for application details.
IGNOU 2020 result for Post basic B.Sc nursing has been released on 27th December 2019. Check here for result details.
IGNOU 2020 exam schedule has been released for phase IInd of OPENMAT & B.Ed. Check here for exam dates details.
IGNOU 2020 Result for OPENMAT XLVI & B.Ed has been released on 3rd August 2019. Check here for result details.
IGNOU 2020 Exam Dates
Check the IGNOU dates for various courses. Below we have provided the dates for OPENMAT:
OPENMAT Phase II & B.Ed:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Application form release date||28th February 2020|
|Application form submission last date||15th June 2020|
Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only
|Releasing of admit card||–|
|Date of exam||–|
For OPENMAT (January Session):
|Release of Application||27th June 2019|
|Last date of application form||5th July 2019|
|Application correction||6th & 7th July 2019|
|Admit card availability||12th July 2019|
|Exam date||27th July 2019|
|Releasing of answer key||30th July 2019|
|Result declaration||3rd August 2019|
IGNOU 2020 Application Form
Check details of application form of IGNOU 2020 for various programmes below:
- IGNOU 2020 Application Form for OPENMAT Phase II has been released from 28th February 2020.
- Candidates are able to fill the application form in online mode.
- For other courses, the application form is also available through online mode.
- Students must fill complete details in the form correctly.
- Complete registration process include various steps – Registration, filling details in the form, uploading of images of documents and making application fee payment.
- Candidates must take printout of the application for further use.
The Application fee for all candidates is Rs.1000. For OPENMAT, the application fee is Rs. 800/- for general and Rs. 600/- for SC/ST & EWS category.
Mode of Payment: The payment of application fee can be made by online mode only through credit card/debit card/net-banking.
IGNOU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check IGNOU Eligibility Criteria for OPENMAT & B.Ed. program below:
For Management Programmes:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have done graduation along with a professional degree either in engineering / law / medicine / ICSI / ICWAI / ICAI compulsorily.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 50% marks in graduation level (For reserved category- 45% marks).
- IGNOU OPENMAT: Students must qualify the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 to be eligible for admission.
- Age Limit: There will be no age bar in IGNOU 2020.
For B.Ed Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying student must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or Master’s from a recognized University OR
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with Mathematics & Science specialization or its equivalent with 55% marks.
- Qualifying Marks: Students in their Bachelor degree level and Master’s level must have qualified with 50% marks in the Science/ Commerce/ Humanity/ Social Sciences stream.
- B.Ed Entrance test: Applying candidate must have qualified IGNOU B.Ed entrance test to get admission.
For Other Programmes:
- For B.Sc: Candidate must have completed his/her 10+2 level exams with the Science subjects or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- For B.C.A: Candidate must have completed his/her 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- For BBA: Candidate should have completed his 12th or equivalent based on merit list in physically fit list.
For Foreign Students:
- Foreign students residing in India possessing a valid visa for minimum duration of program are eligible.
- The admission for foreign students will be processed by International division of University after getting their clearance from MHRD/MEA.
IGNOU 2020 Exam Pattern
Check IGNOU 2020 exam pattern below for B.Ed Entrance test and OPENMAT 2020:
For B.ED Entrance Exam:
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 100 questions.
- Parts: The exam paper will contain two parts – A and B.
- Total Marks: The test will be of total 100 marks.
- Language medium: Paper will be available in both English and Hindi.
- Time Duration: The exam duration will be of 2 hours.
- Marking: +1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
For IGNOU OPENMAT:
- Exam Mode: Test will be held in offline mode.
- Number of Sections: The paper will have four sections – General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Reasoning.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 200 questions.
- Total Marks: The test will be of total 200 marks.
- Time Duration: 180 minutes will be given to complete the paper.
- Marking: +1 mark will be given to complete the paper. There will be no negative marking.
Check the distribution of questions and marks for B.Ed entrance test 2020 in the below table:
|Part A||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General English & Comprehension||10||10|
|Section 2||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section 3||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section 4||Teaching Learning||25||25|
|Section 5||Attempt any one subject:|
Check the distribution of questions for OPENMAT 2020 in the below table:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
IGNOU 2020 Syllabus
Check IGNOU 2020 Syllabus for various entrance tests below:
In the OPENMAT test 2020, questions will be prepared in a way to check overall aptitude of the candidates in the management.
Various topics will be from various sections:
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- General English & Comprehension
- Educational & General Awareness
- Teaching Learning
For Part B, topics will be as per the subject competence and will be from 9th and 10th level prescribed by CBSE/NCERT.
For IGNOU OPENMAT, the topics for the test will be from the below subjects:
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
IGNOU 2020 Preparation tips
Follow the below preparation tips to prepare for various entrance test of IGNOU 2020:
- Prepare short notes and revise them thoroughly.
- Check the complete syllabus and then start your exam preparation.
- Attempt tests to improve your preparation level.
- Increase your speed by practicing as much as you can.
- Candidate should allot time for each section & must focus & practice more in the sections in which he/she finds difficult.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click here to view OPENMAT FAQs
Click here to view B.Ed FAQs
IGNOU 2020 Admit Card
IGNOU Admit card will be released after successful submission of application form. It will be available through online mode. No printed admit card will be sent to the candidate through post.
OPENMAT admit card phase II will be available in the month of June 2020.
For IGNOU B.Ed. entrance exam 2020, the admit card was available on 12th July 2019. It is mandatory for all the candidates to bring the admit card at the exam venue to get entry into the hall.
IGNOU 2020 Result
IGNOU Result will be made available through online mode after the successful completion of test. The result contains the qualifying status of the candidate. To check the results students have to enter their login credentials.
The result of OPENMAT 2020 for Phase II will be declared in the month of July 2020.
Each & every candidate securing appropriate percentage of qualifying marks will be called for counselling/seat allotment process.
IGNOU 2020 Cut-Off
IGNOU Cut-Off will be the maximum marks decided by the University for providing admission into various courses. To qualify the test and be eligible for admission students have to secure the cut off marks.
The cut-off will be made available through online mode along with the release of results.
IGNOU 2020 Counselling
Qualifying candidates will be called for IGNOU counselling process which will be conducted at IGNOU regional centers. There will be various counselling sessions for each course. The selection will be made on the basis of released regional merit.
Candidates will have to submit admission form, result card, certificate of category and various other documents at the time of counselling. To confirm seat, candidates must report at the allotted institution before the given time period.
If you have any query regarding IGNOU 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.