JEST 2020: Interview, Merit List (Released), Result, Dates, Admission
JEST 2020 List of Shortlisted Candidates for Interview has been released. Interview Schedule has been released. The exam has been held on 16th February 2020. It is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). This is a national level exam which is also considered as National Eligibility Test (NET) and is held every year. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is organized to offer admissions into Ph.D. & Integrated Ph.D. course in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science/ Neuron Science/ Computational Biology fields. Candidates who will get qualified in this entrance test will get admission in these fields at various participating institutes. Candidates must read this article to know updated details of exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus & much more of JEST 2020.
JEST 2020 Notifications:
JEST 2021 exam will be organized in the month of February 2021. Get more details about JEST 2021 here.
JEST 2020 List of Shortlisted Candidates for Interview has been released. Click here for merit list.
JEST 2020 Interview Schedule has been released. Click here for interview schedule.
JEST 2020 Result & Scorecard has been released through login. Check here for result details.
JEST 2020 Cut Off has been released. Check here for cut off details.
JEST 2020 Answer key has been released on 19th February 2020 for Physics. Check here for answer key details.
JEST 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below the JEST 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Application process starts||11th November 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||21st December 2019|
|Admit card availability||16th January 2020|
|JEST 2020 Exam Date||16th February 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||19th February 2020|
|Last date for objection against answer key||21st February 2020|
|Result declaration||11th March 2020|
|Merit list||23rd April 2020|
|Interview dates||3rd week of April 2020|
JEST 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will qualify the exam will get a call for JEST 2020 Counselling / Interview process. Qualified candidates have to contact & report to the participating institution for interview in which they are seeking admission. No centralized admission process will be conducted for admission in the institutes.
Candidates have to bring following original documents at the time of admission for verification:
- 12th mark sheet & passing certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet
- JEST 2020 Admit card
- JEST 2020 Scorecard
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate, etc.
JEST 2020 Result
The results of JEST 2020 has been declared by Science & Engineering Research Board. Candidates can check their result online. To check result, candidates have to enter their username and password. It has been released on 11th March 2020.
JEST result contains all the details like candidates name, roll no, overall rank and overall marks. Candidates must keep the print out of result safely as it may be required in the counselling procedure. The scorecard of JEST 2020 will be valid for 1 year.
JEST 2020 Cut Off
JEST 2020 Cut Off has been made available online with the announcement of results. The JEST cut-off marks are prescribed based on no. of students appearing in exam, difficulty level of exam, seat availability, previous year cut-off trends, etc.
Looking back at previous cut off trends, the cut off marks of JEST 2020 is expected between 20 to 25 marks. Candidates have to score the cut off marks in order to be eligible for counselling process.
JEST 2020 Answer Key
JEST 2020 Answer Key has been released on 19th February 2020. The answer key has been made available through online mode. Candidates can check their answers & will get an assumption of their score in exam. The answer key contains all correct answers of questions asked in the examination.
The authority releases JEST answer key for all the sets. Candidates can put any objection against answer key. The final answer key will be released along with the result.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEST 2020 Application Form
Candidates can read below details regarding JEST 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates have to fill JEST 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 11th November 2019 till the 21st December 2019.
- To register, students must enter their working email ID and phone number to get login credentials.
- Candidates have to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- After successfully submitting of the application form, candidates have to keep the print out till the completion of admission process.
- The application form fee will be Rs. 400 for general candidates.
- For SC/ ST /Female category candidates, it will be Rs. 200.
- Female candidates of SC/ ST category do not have to pay fee.
Mode of Payment: The Application Fee can be submitted through online mode. It can be paid using debit card, credit card or net-banking.
JEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To check eligibility of JEST 2020, candidates must go through the following details:
- For Ph.D. Physics: Candidate must hold M.Sc. degree in Physics from a recognized board. Some Institutions also accepts B.Tech/ M.Sc./ B.E/ M.Tech/ M.E in Physics & Mathematics.
- For Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: Applying candidate must have done M.Sc. /M.Tech/ M.E. in Computer Science or in other related streams.
- For Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC: Candidate must possess B.E/ B.Tech / MCA or M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics) degree in Computer Science.
- For Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IIMSc: Applying candidate must have done M.E. /MCA/ M.Tech. /M.Sc. in science or in any discipline with good Mathematical skills & interest in Biological problems.
- Integrated Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science at IIMSc: Student must hold B.Sc. / B.E/ MCA/ B.Tech degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D at IIA: Applying student must have completed M.Sc (Physics/ Applied Physics), Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in Optoelectronics & Optics, Radio Physics & Electronics.
JEST 2020 Admit Card
JEST 2020 Admit Card has been released on 16th January 2020 through online mode. The examination center & other details is mentioned on the admit card. Candidates have to log-in by entering username and password to download the admit card.
Candidates are required to carry JEST admit card along with valid ID proof at examination center. No candidate will be allowed to give examination without showing their admit card and id proof. Candidates are advised to keep the hard copy safe till the counselling process.
JEST 2020 Exam Centers
JEST 2020 Exam Centers will be at – Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bardhhaman, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Goa, Kanpur, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Madurai, Nagpur, Nanital, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkie, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam, etc.
JEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the JEST 2020 Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: JEST 2020 will be conducted through offline (OMR) mode.
- Questions Type: There will be multiple choice questions (MCQ’S) in the paper.
- Sessions: The exam will be held in single session.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the exam.
- Sections: Physics question paper will be divided in three sections – Part A, Part B, and Part C.
- Medium Language: The exam will be conducted in English language.
Check below the no. of questions from each parts & their marking scheme:
|Parts||No. of questions||Marking (+)||Negative Marking (-)|
JEST 2020 Syllabus
Candidates must prepare according to the prescribed JEST 2020 Syllabus. The syllabus will be different for each offered programmes. Candidates can prepare from the topics studied at graduation & post-graduation level. Some of the topics from Physics & Theoretical Computer Science are discussed below:
This section will be carrying various topics such as Mathematical Methods, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism & Optics, Quantum Mechanism, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics, and Electronics.
Theoretical Computer Science:
This section will consist of topics like Analytical Reasoning & Deduction, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Data Structure & Algorithm, and Principle of Programming.
JEST 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the below preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the test:
- Start you exam preparation early than the exam date.
- Make a proper time table & follow it regularly.
- Check the prescribed syllabus & exam pattern.
- Solve sample papers & old question papers for good practice.
- Be focused in the studies and eliminate wastage of time.
- Prepare for the exam from good source of study material.
If you have any query regarding JEST 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.