JEST 2022: Result (Out), Cut Off, Interview List (Released), Counselling
JEST 2022 List of shortlisted candidates for Interview has been released on 27th April 2022. Result has been declared for Computer Science & Physics. Revised Answer Key has been released on 4th April 2022. JEST is a national level entrance test recognized by SERB. This exam is conducted every year for the candidates seeking admission into Ph.D/ Integrated Ph.D programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Computational Biology or Neuroscience. Candidates qualifying JEST are successfully offered admission into various participating institutions like Bose Institute, IISc, IISER, IIST, NISER, etc. We have provided complete details regarding JEST 2022 answer key, exam dates, result etc.
JEST 2022 Notifications – Interview List Released
JEST 2022 List of shortlisted candidates for Interview has been released on 27th April 2022. Check here for result details.
JEST 2022 Result has been declared on 14th April 2022 for computer science & physics. Check here for result details.
JEST 2022 Answer Key (Revised) has been released on 4th April 2022. Check here for answer key details.
JEST 2022 Exam Date has been released. It is held on 13th March 2022. Check here for exam date details.
Admission Open 2022
JEST 2022 Exam Dates
Candidates can check JEST Exam dates for 2022 session in the below given table:
|Events||Dates 2022 (Announced)|
|Availability of application||15th December 2021|
|Last date to apply||1st February 2022|
|Last date to pay application fee||1st February 2022|
|Release of admit card||1st March 2022|
|JEST 2022 exam date||13th March 2022|
|Availability of answer key||24th March 2022|
|Revised answer key||4th April 2022|
|Declaration of result||14th April 2022|
|Interview process starts||–|
JEST 2022 Answer Key
Candidates can download their JEST answer key through online mode. The answer key has been released on 24th March 2022. Through answer key, students know correct answers of the questions asked in the exam. Revised answer key has been released on 4th April 2022.
Students can also submit objections against the released answer key with a certain fee. The authority can check and release final/ revised answer key if any mistake is found.
JEST 2022 Cut Off
JEST Cut Off can be checked by the candidates through online mode. The cut off will be made available on the website category wise. Cut Off is minimum qualifying marks which must be obtained by students in order to clear the exam and be eligible for further admission procedure.
The cut off marks are set depending upon various factors like – availability of seats, difficulty level of exam, etc.
JEST 2022 Result
Students can check their JEST result through online mode. The result has been announced on 14th April 2022. Candidates can check their results by entering user id and password.
The result contain name, roll number, marks obtained, qualifying status and other details. Students can download their scorecards after the release of result. Candidates must take the printout of result.
JEST 2022 Counselling
Various participating institutions will separately organize JEST Counselling. The authority will not conduct any centralised counselling for selection of candidates for final admission. Students qualifying JEST must report at the allotted institution where they want to take admission.
Also, candidates must bring their original documents/ certificates for verification procedure of admission. Without verification of documents/ certificates, students will not be allotted seats at the institution.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEST 2022 Application Form
To know about JEST 2022 Application Form, candidates can check details in the below given section:
- Students can submit JEST application form through online mode.
- The application process has been started from 15th December 2021.
- The application process consist of various steps – Online registration, filling application details, uploading of photo and signature, payment of application fee and printing of application form.
- Students must note that no modification in the application will be allowed after the submission of application form.
- Last date of application submission is till 1st February 2022.
- Candidates can make application fee payment till 25th January 2022.
- After the successful submission of application, students receive an email which contain information application data – unique submission number and filled in data. If email not received, contact officials.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application fee can be submitted by online mode using debit/ credit cards and net banking method.
|ST/ SC candidates||Rs.400|
|All other candidates||Rs.800|
|SC/ ST female candidates||Exempted|
JEST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JEST Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form:
- Ph.D Programme (Physics): Applying candidate must have passed M.Sc (Physics) from any recognized institute.
- Some institutes will accept B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.E/ M.Tech in applied Mathematics and Physics.
- Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc: Candidates must have passed M.Tech/ M.E/ MCA/ M.Sc in science with good mathematical skill and interest in biological problems.
- Ph.D in Neuroscience at NBRC: Candidates must hold computer science degree in B.Tech/ BCA/ B.E.
- Integrated Ph.D programme in theoretical computer science at IMSc: Students must have passed B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ MCA in computer science or related disciplines.
- Ph.D in Computational Biology at IMSc: Students must have passed MCA/ M.E/ M.Sc/ M.Tech degree with Mathematical skill and strong interest in biological problems.
- Integrated M.Tech Ph.D at IIA: Candidates must pass M.Sc (Physics/ Applied Physics) / Post B.Sc (Hons.) in optics and optoelectronics/ electronics and radio physic.
JEST 2022 Admit Card
JEST Admit Card has been made available for downloading from 1st March 2022. Candidates can download their hall ticket through online mode from the website. The admit card contains various important details like – candidate’s name, roll number, exam date, exam time, exam centre, etc.
Candidates downloading the admit card are required to enter their application number and password. No admit cards is sent to the candidates through post or any other offline mode. In case of any discrepancy while downloading the admit card, students must contact officials.
JEST 2022 Exam Pattern
Check details related to JEST Exam Pattern in the below given section:
- Type of Questions: There will be multiple choice questions in the paper.
- Number of Sections: There will be three sections in the paper – A, B & C.
- Number of Questions: There will be 15 questions in Part A; 10 questions in Part B; 25 questions in Part C.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper).
- Duration of exam: 3 hours will be given to solve the paper.
- Language of Paper: The paper will be available in English.
- Marking Scheme: In section A and B, 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. In Section C, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: In Section A, 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer in Part C. There is no negative marking for wrong answer in Part B.
JEST 2022 Syllabus
JEST Syllabus 2022 will contain various general topics of graduation and post- graduation level courses offered by various Indian institutions and universities. Complete syllabus can be checked by the candidates through online mode on the website.
Candidates can prepare for the exam from various topics from Electronics, Physics, Statistical physics, mathematics, mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, etc.
JEST 2022 Preparation Tips
Students can know various JEST Preparation Tips from the below given section:
- Check complete syllabus and exam pattern of JEST before starting your exam preparation.
- Make a study routine and follow it properly.
- Solve previous year papers and sample papers for practice.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests.
- Make short notes of important topics and revise these topics.
If you have any other query related to JEST 2022, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.