J&K Polytechnic 2020 (PET): Counselling (Started), Exam (Cancelled)
J&K Polytechnic 2020 2nd Round Allotment has been released from 29th October 2020. Exam has been cancelled due to corona pandemic. It is conducted by Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Board of Professional Entrance Examination. J&K PET is a state level polytechnic entrance test conducted once in a year to offer admission into three years of diploma in polytechnic for Engineering courses. Admission are offered into courses on the basis of merit of qualifying entrance test. Through this entrance test, candidates are provided admission in various government & private polytechnic institutes/colleges located in the J&K state. For various updated details of J&K Polytechnic 2020 exam dates, result etc. candidates can go through this article.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Notifications – Allotment Released (2nd Round)
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Second round Allotment has been released from 29th October 2020. Check here for counselling details.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Second round Counselling has been started from 26th October 2020. Check here for counselling details.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Exam will be held on first week of April 2021. Candidates must check complete details regarding J & K Polytechnic 2021 here.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Exam Date has been cancelled. Admission will be on the basis of merit. Check here for exam dates details.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below the J&K Polytechnic Exam dates for various events:
|Starting of Registration||23rd March 2020|
|End of registration process||31st July 2020|
|J&K PET Admit card||–|
|J&K PET 2020 Exam||Cancelled|
|Result||3rd September 2020|
|Counselling process||1st October 2020|
|Completion of Admission process||–|
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Merit List
After the entrance test, merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the entrance test of J&K PET 2020. The entrance test is not conducted, the merit list has been published based on marks of class 10th.
In case of entrance exam, candidates’ selection for admission to various programmes depends upon the performance shown in the entrance test.
The board has prepare list in order of inter-se-merit of candidates in the entrance test in descending order separately for general & reserved category. The merit list is appeared as rank wise & roll no. wise in the PDF format.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Result
The J&K Polytechnic 2020 Result is released by the authority online & also be available in both offices of BOPEE Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates can view their result from 3rd September 2020.
J&K Polytechnic result is declared online by the J&K BOPEE. Candidates who successfully appear in written examination is able to see their results by entering their User Id and Password.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Counselling
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Counselling can be done on the basis of merit cum preference & reservation rules applicable for the process. It has been started from 1st October 2020.
Candidates have to submit all the original and photocopies of the documents at the time of counselling. Also, students have to submit a certain amount of fee for counseling at the POS terminal of BOPEE office in Srinagar and Jammu.
Completion of admission procedure will be done in October 2020.
Candidates have to bring following documents at time of J&K PET Counselling:
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- 10th/12th certificate for Date of Birth verification
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Category Certificate, etc.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
J&K Polytechnic Diploma 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below various details of J&K Polytechnic 2020 Application process:
- J&K Polytechnic 2020 Application Form process has been released from 23rd March 2020.
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- The last date to submit application form is till 31st July 2020.
- The online form filling process consists of various steps – Registration, paying application fee, filling details of the form, uploading of documents and printing of application form.
- At the time of filling the application form, candidates are advised to submit valid email address & mobile number. As the status of their application form will be informed through it.
- In case any candidate misses any any details at the time of application process or fills incorrect information, he/she must contact the BOPEE office Srinagar or Jammu.
- Submission of application with incorrect details will lead to rejection of form.
- Candidates are advised to double check before submitting as once the form will get submitted, entries can’t be changed.
- The status of application form can be checked through online mode after registration.
- Candidates will have to attach following documents in PDF Format with their online application form:
- Certificate of Permanent residence
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination issued by the concerned board
- Matriculation/Equivalent certificate indicating date of birth
- Matriculation marks (only if result is declared)
- Candidates claiming benefit of any reserved category have to upload self-attested copy of their category certificate
- Domicile certificate of candidate (If the candidates presently does not possess
Domicile certificate, they will have to upload an undertaking on plain paper to the effect that
the said document shall be produced at time of counselling and in case they fails to
produce the same , their candidature be treated as cancelled on their own risk and
- Category certificate (if required)
The Application Fee of J&K PET 2020 is Rs.500.
Mode of Payment: The application form fee can be paid through online mode using credit card/ debit card/ net banking method.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following J&K Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria before appearing for exam:
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be permanent resident of Jammu &Kashmir state.
- Qualification: Students appearing or passed 10th level from any recognized board can apply for the test.
- Qualifying Subjects: Students must have qualified 10th level exams with the subjects of Science and Mathematics.
- Qualifying Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum of 35% marks to be eligible.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit to apply for J&K PET.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card will be made available through online mode in September 2020. Separate notification will be released online regarding downloading of electronic admit card.
To download hall ticket, students have to enter their login credentials. After downloading the J&K Polytechnic admit card, candidates are required to paste photograph on the space given on admit card. No candidates will be allowed to enter test venue without showing their valid admit card.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below J&K Polytechnic Diploma Exam Pattern before preparing for the exam:
- Exam Mode: J&K PET 2020 will be conducted through online mode.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English.
- Questions Type: The exam paper will have MCQ’S (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Exam Duration: The exam will be of 3 hours.
- Total number of questions: Total 180 questions will be asked in exam.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Check below distribution of questions for various subjects in J&K PET 2020:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
J&K Diploma Polytechnic 2020 Syllabus
J&K Polytechnic Syllabus will be from various subjects of 10th level. The topics will be from various subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
Some of the topics included in each subjects is given below:
Physics: Basic topics will be – Light-Reflection & Refraction, The Human Eye & Colorful World, Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Sources of Energy., etc.
Chemistry: Basic topics will be – Chemical Reaction & Equation, Periodic Classification of Elements, Carbon & Its Compounds, Metal & Non-Metals and Acids, Basis & Salts, etc.
Mathematics: Basic topics will be – Real Number, Arithmetic Progression, Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables, Polynomials, Quadratic Equations, Triangle, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Heights & Distance, Surface Areas & Volumes, and Probability, etc.
English: Basic topics will be – Pronouns, Conjunctions, Models, Reported Speech, Clauses, Sentence Patterns, Past-Perfect, To-Infinitive & Hing Forms and Other Sentence Patterns, etc.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Preparation Tips
Know various preparation tips below to qualify the entrance test with good score:
- Go through the exam pattern & marking scheme of J&K PET 2020.
- Make a study routine & follow the routine strictly.
- Prepare notes & revise them on daily basis.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Attempt mock tests & check you preparation standards yourself.
- Take care of eating, sleeping and other habits included in your routine.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Answer Key
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Answer Key will be published online after entrance test will get over. Students will be able to download the Answer key by entering their necessary login credentials.
J&K Polytechnic answer key will be released in September 2020. If any candidate will have any issue regarding publish answer key, he/she can contact BOPEE office to rectify the problem.
J&K Polytechnic 2020 Reservation Policy
Candidates can check below the reservation Policy of J&K PET 2020 for various categories below:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||8%|
|Schedule Tribe, Gujjar & Bekarwal (STGB)||6%|
|Schedule Tribe, Leh District (STL)||2%|
|Schedule Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||2%|
|Other Schedule Tribes (STO)||1%|
|Weak & Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||2%|
|Residents of Backward Areas (RBA)||20%|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||3%|
|Children of Defence Personnel (CDP)||3%|
|Children of Para Military Forces and State Police Personnel (JKPM)||1%|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports||2%|
|Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW)||5%|
If you have any query related to J&K Polytechnic 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.