Law Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2020
Andhra Pradesh is located in the southeastern coast of the country. It is the eighth largest state in India by area. Hyderabad is the joint capital city of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana states which is also known as the “food bowl of the south”. The state has many government and private universities and colleges from where candidates can pursue the various law courses. The average literacy rate of the state is around 67.41% (as per census 2011). Candidates those wish to get more information on Law admission in Andhra Pradesh 2020 can read this article.
The admission will be offered in the state from various ways. Some private universities organize their own entrance exams for law admission into their campuses & affiliated colleges.
Few private colleges organize the direct admission procedure to offer admission into law programme as per eligibility norms. However, CLAT exam score is accepted by all law universities.
There are various entrance exams for getting admission in law universities and colleges of AP state. Candidates can appear in CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) national level exams.
Admissions Closing Shortly
There are also state level entrance exams such as AP LAWCET (Law Common Entrance Test) and AP PGLCET (Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test).
Through these entrance exams, candidates can get admission into 3/5 years of LLB and 2 years LLM course. Telangana state also conducts its own law entrance exam called as TS LAWCET & TS PGLCET.
Top Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
AP state has many government and private law colleges. All law courses got approval from the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra University, Osmania university, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Law College, etc are some of the top law colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
Law Admission 2020
The given below eligibility criteria is for appearing in both national level and state level law entrance exams. Candidates should read all eligibilities carefully to appear in the entrance exam.
- No maximum age limit to apply in CLAT.
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals and satisfy local/non-local status.
- Candidates other than Indian Nationals can also apply but they should satisfy the rules prescribed by the respective universities.
- Candidate should clear the 12th or its equivalent exam from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) for admission in UG course.
- Candidates should posses the LL.B or equivalent degree from any recognized institution/university for admission in LL.M course.
- Candidates those wishing to appear for AP PGLCET should complete the 3/5 years LLB/BL degree.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
The candidates those are eligible can get admission followed by the entrance test. After the declaration of entrance exam result, the counselling will be conducted for qualified candidates. Candidates can fill the choices of college and courses at the time of counselling.
Seats will be allotted on the basis of the performance of candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates are required to fill the admission form of the respective college for direct admission. Candidates are advised to apply for admission in allotted college before the last date of admission.
Candidates are advised to bring all the documents given below for the document verification procedure on the day of counselling.
- Graduation Degree
- Graduation Marksheets
- Provisional Certificates
- Entrance Exam Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th and 12th Class Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
If you have any other queries about Law Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.