Law Admission in Karnataka 2020

Law Admission in Karnataka 2020Karnataka state was founded on 1st November 1956. This state was originally called as the “State of Mysore”. It is located in the southwestern region of India. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka. It shares its boundary with Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra & Goa. This state is the hub of many reputed colleges/universities which imparts various law programmes. According to the 2011 census, the literacy rate of this state is 75.60%. Through this article, candidates can get complete information about Law Admission in Karnataka 2020.

Get latest news & updates about Law Admission in Karnataka 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Admission Procedure

In Karnataka state, the admission to the law courses will be based on national or university level examination. Candidates will also get direct admission to the law programme on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination. There will be no state level examination conduct for providing admission to the law courses.

Entrance Exams

Some of the institutions in Karnataka will accept the scorecard of CLATLSAT examination. CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) exam will be organized by the NLUs on a rotation basis.

This exam will be held on 10th May 2020. For direct admission, candidates will have to fill the application form provided by the university.

Top Law Colleges in Karnataka

There are various reputed institutions which offer law courses in various disciplines/specializations. The top law colleges in Karnataka are University of Mysore, Christ University, Seshadripuram Law College, etc.

Candidates can pursue 5 years integrated, 3 years bachelor & 2 years master law courses from these colleges.

Law Admission 2020

Before filling the application form, candidates should check the eligibility criteria first. Candidates should meet the eligibility to get admission into law programmes. The basic eligibility criteria are given here:

• There is no age restriction to apply, for the national level examination.
  • For three year LLB course, candidates should complete the graduation degree from any recognized university. For five-year law courses, candidates must pass the PUC/10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
  • For PG courses, candidates should complete their graduation degree in law.
  • Candidates should score 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) in the above qualifying exam.

Selection Procedure

The selection procedure for admission to the law programme is different according to the colleges. Candidates, those qualify the CLAT examination, they have to fill the application form of the respective institution.

The institution will release a merit list of the selected candidates after completion of the application procedure. Selected candidates have to report at the allotted college along with the required documents.

Candidates, those want to get direct admission to the law colleges, their admission will be based on eligibility criteria & college norms. The direct admission will be done on the basis of the merit.

Online Law Courses

Documents Required

Candidates should bring the given documents in original along with self-attested photocopy:

• Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
  • Graduation Certificate (If Applicable)
  • Category Certificate
  • Admit Card (Qualifying Exam)
  • Rank Card (Qualifying Exam)
  • Transfer Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Two Passport Size Photograph
  • Valid ID Proof

If you have any query about Law Admission in Karnataka 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.

1. Charu says:

I am from Tamilnadu… Can i get government seat in government law college at bangalore Or kolar

2. Mohammed javid says:

Sir am 35 year & completed BCOM CON I study LLB IN KARNATAKA

3. vishal says:

Sir I am 43 years and completed bsc can I study llb in Karnataka state.

4. Mithun says:

Hello. I m currently studying B-Tech ( mechanical), and i interested in llb course that too in Karnataka state. So please share me the details like, which entrance exam i have to write, and minimum marks,.
    Thankyou.

5. nandz says:

i have passed in 10 th a not fr 12th but distance education studied in B-Com i am intrested in LLB fr Karnataka Plz details from us

6. Sreekanth M G says:

For getting admission into 3 Year LL.B course, one must have passed any degree with at least 45% marks in the qualifying examination, it is for the candidate who belongs to general category.
    For example, if a candidate who belongs to general category, has passed and completed his / her graduation with just 40.22 % marks in graduation, please clarify whether he / she eligible to get admission for joining LL.B Course of any law college in karnataka which is affiliated to KARNATAKA STATE LAW UNIVERSITY, HUBLI, by producing Hyderabad- Karnataka Certificate as per Article 371-J ? Please clarify.

7. Sandhya M says:

Am scheduled caste (SC AD)
    Please help me for my education for my daughter future now I have to continue my education for my daughter please help me how can I join in Bcom LLB…. Please reply me as soon as possible.

8. Sandhya M says:

Hello sir/madam
    Am Sandhya M from Bangalore recently I losed my husband. He is an advocate I have a child she is 10months old now am whilling to continue my education my 12th percentage is 37.3% can I do my Bcom LLB please any one help me for my education.

9. Geetha says:

I am under graduate. I passed my PUC in the year of 2012.
    My SSLC percentage was 63% and my PUC percentage was 49%
    Am I eligible for BALLB/BBALLB now ?

10. Darshan skanda says:

How can I take CLAT exam now ??
    Is there is chance to direct joining for law course if we didn’t take CLAT exam ??

11. Yamanoor Burudi says:

What is last date to apply clat at present?

12. Your Name...A.Venkateswararao says:

Can I join without passing 12 exam. I have passed 10th and passed graduation in distance.I have not qualified 12th exam.

13. HABEEBA says:

Can you give complete information how to apply law entrance exam plz and its score etc

14. Punith kumar says:

I have completed 10 + 3 years of diploma (mech) for the Karnataka state Govt collage..passed out in 2009..
    & Done by BBM 3yrs (part time) correspondent course …

I am interested to become a lawyer.. kindly guide me with more information..

15. Kumar Chandirasekaran says:

Hi I am 42 now. I would like to do LLB. I have BA, MA, and MPhil. How can I get into LLB admission? Can you please guide me. Thanks.

16. m s devaraja setty says:

Sir I am 56 years and completed btec from jntu Hyderabad can I study llb in Karnataka state.

17. LAXMI says:

Please can you give complete information about how to apply for law entrance exam in karnataka and slecetion procedure.

18. Thomsondevassikutty says:

I am from kerala. Did i need Appear any entrance exam to get admission in sharadavillas law college mysore

19. Sanket mahapatra says:

Hi, One of my friend has completed her 5 year integrated law course in Odisha. She wants to do LLB in Karnataka. She has not applied for CLAT. Kindly suggest

20. P.S.Prakash Rao says:

I did my post graduation in Engineering in 1971 and I am seventy years.Am I eligible to do LL.B course in Bangalore? I am a resident of BLR.Can you suggest any college in around JP Nagar? Fees should be as low as possible.

21. VELLINGIRI V says:

I am from Tamilnadu. I have completed B.Com., B.G.L. I am aged 53-years. Can I join LLB course in Karnataka Law colleges?

22. Anonymous says:

Am interested in llb courses, since am based in Hyderabad, can I take exam at Hyderabad. Do we have any facility to take entrance exam from Hyderabad.

23. jayaram says:

I am B.COM graduate from mysore university passed in 2nd attempt securing 39% marks out toal marks of 314.can I eligible for sit 3 years kan cet exam

24. Iram sumaiya says:

To take direct admission in law after 12th without giving clat what to do

25. P K RAMAKRISHNA says:

I am completed diploma in civil engineering. May I eligible for Law entrance test. Please give the information. Thank you sir