MH CET Law 2024: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
MH CET Law 2024 Exam will be held separately for both courses. MH CET Law (Maharashtra Law Common Entrance Test) is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. The exam is conducted to provide admission in law programmes. It is a state level entrance exam conducted every year. MH CET Law offers admission in 3-year LLB degree and 5-year LLB degree courses. Qualified candidates will get admission in various private and government colleges across Maharashtra state. In this article we have provided details about MH CET Law 2024 such as application form, eligibility, pattern, etc.
MH CET Law 2024 Overview
|Name of exam||MH CET Law 2024|
|Full form||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test of Law|
|Courses offered||3-year LLB and 5-year LLB courses|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Conducting by||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
MH CET Law 2024 Exam Dates
Here are tentative exam dates for MH CET Law 2024 as mentioned below:
|Events||Dates (5-year LLB)||Dates (3-year LLB)|
|Application form starts||1st week of March 2024||2nd week of March 2024|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of March 2024||4th week of March 2024|
|Correction facility||3rd week of March 2024||4th week of March 2024|
|Admit Card||4th week of March 2024||1st week of April 2024|
|Exam Date||1st week of April 2024||1st week of May 2024|
|Result||3rd week of May 2024||3rd week of June 2024|
|Counselling||June 2024||June 2024|
MH CET Law 2024 Application Form
Check the details about MH CET Law 2024 application form with some instructions below:
- MH CET Law 2024 Application Form will be available through online mode.
- Candidate must check the eligibility criteria for particular course they want to seek admission in before applying for the exam.
- The application form for 3-year LLB course will release in second week of March till fourth week of March 2024.
- The applicants must fill the application form by entering details such as personal, educational, contact details, etc.
- For 5 year LLB course, application form will release in first week of March till third week of March 2024.
- Incomplete details in the application form will lead to rejection, so candidates must fill the form completely.
- The authority will also provide the correction facility separately to the candidates for both courses.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- MH CET Law 2024 application fee will be paid through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay the fee using Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, wallets.
- The fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
The registration fee for different category will be as follows:
|Open Category, EWS candidates from Maharashtra state, outside Maharashtra state/ All India candidates belonging to all categories, and J&K Migrant candidates||Rs 800/-|
|Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC, ST, VJ/ DT- Maharashtra state only having valid caste certificate and Non-Creamy and Layer certificate)||Rs 600/-|
How to Apply for MH CET Law 2024
- Step-1: Go to the website (link will be available above).
- Step-2: Click on the “Apply Online” and new screen will open.
- Step-3: To register for exam, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration”.
- Step-4: Then provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system.
- Step-5: Fill the application form with details such as personal, academic and click on “Save and Next” tab.
- Step-6: Upload the scanned photograph with 20 KB to 50 KB file size and 10 KB to 20 KB for signature in jpg/ jpeg format.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee as per your category.
- Step-8: Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
MH CET Law 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Below we have provided the eligibility criteria for MH CET Law 2024:
For 5-year LLB course:
- Qualification: The candidates must qualify 12th level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks: In qualifying exam candidates must score at least 45% for general category, 40% for SC/ ST category, and 42% for OBC category candidates.
- Appearing: Those candidates appearing in final year in 2024 will also be eligible to apply for exam.
For 3-year LLB course:
- Nationality: The candidate must be citizen of India to be eligible for exam.
- Qualification: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university/ institute.
- Marks: Candidates must score at least 45% for general, 42% for OBC & SBC category, and 40% for SC/ ST candidates.
MH CET Law 2024 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for MH CET Law 2024 will be as provided below:
- Exam mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Medium: The paper will be in English and Marathi language.
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) are asked in the exam.
- Duration: Candidates will be allotted 2 hours to solve the paper.
- Total questions: 150 questions will be asked in the question paper.
- Marks: Question paper will be of 150 marks.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will carry 1 mark.
Check the subject wise marking scheme for various courses below:
For 3-year LLB course:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
For 5-year LLB course:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
MH CET Law 2024 Syllabus
MH CET Law 2024 syllabus will be divided into 4 subjects for 3 year and 3 subjects for 5-year LLB course. Candidates must check the various topics below:
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning: Indian Constitution, Family Law, Indian Contract Act, Law of Torts, Important Landmark, Supreme Court Judgement, Legal Fundamentals and terms, Indian Penal code, Legal Maxims.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Wide analogies, drawing well supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, completing arguments, applying principles or rules, relationship and to draw logical conclusions, set of statements, and things or events.
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs: History (ancient, medieval, and modern), General science, Economics, Geography, Civics, Current Affairs of past one year.
- English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Proficiency, English Usage errors, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitutions, English Comprehension, Spotting errors, Spelling mistakes, etc.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Speed and Distance, Algebra, Venn Diagram, etc.
MH CET Law Preparation Tips
To prepare for the MH CET Law, candidates must follow the preparation tips:
- Check complete syllabus & prepare accordingly.
- Prepare a timetable for your studies and strictly follow it.
- Try not to skip any topic.
- Clear your basics. After making a strong foundation start solving with the sample papers and mock tests.
- Keep at-least last one week only for revision.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
MH CET Law 2024 Admit Card
MH CET Law 2024 Admit card will be available through online mode. To download the admit card, candidate have to enter registration number, roll number, and date of birth. The admit card will release in fourth week of March 2024 for 5 year LLB course. It will be published in first week of April 2024 for 3 year LLB course.
The hall ticket contains all exam related details such as exam name, date, venue for exam, timings and exam instructions. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without valid admit card and applicants must have valid id proof. Candidates need to take the printout of the admit card to carry on the day of the examination.
MH CET Law 2024 Result
The MH CET Law 2024 Result will declare in third week of May 2024 for 5-year LLB course and in third week of June 2024 for 3-year LLB course. Candidates will be able to check their scores by login into the website using their registration number/ roll number into candidates portal.
The result will be published in the form of a merit list. The result for every qualified candidate will release through online mode. Based on the marks scored in the exam, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in order of ranking.
MH CET Law 2024 Cut Off
MH CET Law 2024 Cut Off will be released by the participating universities after result will be announced. Those candidates who score more than the cut off will be shortlisted for the counselling process. It will be available through online mode.
There will be various factors determining the cut-off such as number of candidate registered, number of seats, Difficulty level of the exam, and previous year cut off trends.
MH CET Law 2024 Counselling
The MH CET Law 2024 counselling will be conducted for 3 year and 5 year course separately. It will commence in June 2024 through online mode. The applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of rank and availability of seats.
It will include various stages such as registration, document verification, etc. Candidate will also have to pay the counselling fee for attending counselling session. The applicants will also need to carry some of the required documents at the time of the counselling process.
Documents Required for Counselling
- 12th class marksheet/ certificate
- MH CET Law Admit Card
- MH CET Law Result
- Passing Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Date of Birth
- Caste certificate
MH CET Law 2024 Participating Institutes
Candidates must check the participating institutes for MH CET Law 2024 below:
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Solapur University
- Government Law College, Mumbai
- Shivaji University
- Smt Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University
- Gondwana University
- North Maharashtra University
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Rastrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University
If you have any query related to MH CET Law 2024, then you can leave your comments in comment section below.