NATA 2020: Application (Till 15th April), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
NATA 2020 Application Form has been extended till 15th April 2020. The exam will be conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA). National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level entrance examination. Through this exam, admission will be offered to 5 years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) across India. This exam is conducted two times in a year i.e. April and July. Many private or government universities and institutes consider NATA scores to provide admission in Architecture courses. Candidates can read this complete article to know more about the NATA 2020 exam including details like dates, eligibility, application form and much more.
NATA 2020 Notifications – Application till 15th April
NATA 2020 application form has been extended till 15th April 2020. Check here for application details.
NATA 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the NATA Exam Dates for both sessions from below:
For First Session:
|Starting of online application||1st February 2020|
|Last date of application submission||15th April 2020|
|Image upload and fee payment last date||19th April 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available till||22nd April 2020|
|Correction window open||20th – 22nd April 2020|
|Admit card release||May 2020|
|Exam dates||May 2020|
|Announcement of result||May 2020|
For Second Session:
|Starting of online application||1st February 2020|
|Last date of application submission||4th May 2020|
|Image upload and fee payment||8th May 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available till||11th May 2020|
|Correction window open||9th – 11th May 2020|
|Admit card release||21st May 2020|
|Exam dates||31st May 2020|
|Announcement of result||14th June 2020|
NATA 2020 Application Form
Candidates must read all the instructions regarding the NATA 2020 Application Form from below:
- Application form is available through online mode.
- Candidates can fill their application form from 1st February 2020 for both sessions.
- Candidates must fill all the correct details i.e. personal, address or education details in the application form.
- After filling all the details, candidates have to upload passport size photograph (4 to 100 kb) and signature (1 to 30 kb) in jpg/jpeg format.
- Candidates also have to upload relevant documents or certificates.
- Candidates will have make correction in the application form through online mode during the correction period.
- The last date of filling the online application will be till 15th April 2020 for first session or 4th May 2020 for second session.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form for further admission procedure.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode using debit card, credit card or net banking.
Here we have mentioned application fee for all categories:
|For One Session:|
|General candidates||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1700/-|
|For Both Session:|
|General candidates||Rs. 3800/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 3100/-|
Candidates who want to appear from test centers outside of India must have to fill following fee for both sessions:
|For one session||Rs. 10,000/-|
|For both sessions||Rs. 18,000/-|
Check here- How to Fill NATA Application Form
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill NATA Eligibility Criteria given below before filling the application form:
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit criteria to apply for the exam.
- Qualifications: Candidates must pass 12th class from recognized board.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates those are appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must secure minimum of 50% marks and 50% aggregate in PCM subjects. 5% relaxation is given to SC, ST, OBC-NCL category or PwD (Persons with disability) candidates.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects.
- Art Stream Candidates: Candidates with art stream are also eligible if they have qualified PCM subjects conducted by CBSE.
- Diploma: 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject can also apply.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
NATA exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted through online mode and part A will be based on drawing test (pen paper based).
- Time Duration: Total time duration will be of 3 hours & 15 minutes. 45 minutes for aptitude section and 135 minutes for drawing section.
- Total Questions: Question paper will consist of 125 marks.
- Sections: Exam will comprise of two sections, i.e. Aptitude Section & Drawing Section.
- Marking Scheme: 1.5 marks will be awarded for each correct answer (MCQ section).
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the exam.
Candidates can check the distribution of marks from the table given below:
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Mode of Exam|
|Drawing Test||3||125||Paper & Pencil|
Test on Scientific ability and
General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
NATA 2020 Syllabus
Here we have mentioned NATA Syllabus for both sections:
- Mathematics: Mathematics will include question from Logarithm, Algebra, Coordinates Geometry, Trigonometry, Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry, Application of Calculus, Statics and Probability, Sets and Relations and Mathematical Reasoning etc.
- General Aptitude: Questions will be asked from the topics i.e. General reasoning, Interpretation of pictorial composition, general awareness, texture related to architecture and built environment etc.
- Drawing Test: Syllabus of drawing test will be comprises topics like Generating Plan, common objects like furniture etc., Geometrical compression, shapes, building forms and elements, drawing of patterns for both abstract and geometrical, form transformation in 2D and 3D etc.
NATA 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check preparation tips for NATA 2020 exam from below:
- Candidates are required to go through the official exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a proper time table and follow accordingly.
- Candidates are advised to go through the previous year question papers.
- Candidates can make short notes and revise them on daily basis.
- Don’t get confused about your preparation be confident.
Here we have mentioned some examination cities of NATA 2020 examination:
Dubai, Agra, Raipur, Delhi, Silchar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Chandigarh, Patna, Hamirpur, Shimla, Jammu, Ranchi, Hubli, Mysore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Kannur, Kottayam, Indore, Mumbai, Pune, Nasik, Nagpur, Kohima, Dimapur, Cuttack, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ludhiana, Mohali, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Bhubaneswar, Madurai, Noida, Kanpur, Lucknow etc.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
NATA 2020 Admit Card
NATA Admit Card will be available through online mode. Candidates can download their admit card for first session from the month of May 2020 and for second session from 21st May 2020.
Admit card will include details like candidates name, address, examination center, exam date, time etc. Candidates can download the admit card from the website by entering the required details. Candidates must bring the admit card on the day of examination with valid ID proof. Keep it secure till the completion of admission procedure.
NATA 2020 Answer Key
Exam authority will release the NATA Answer Key after few days of examination. Candidates can check the answer key through online mode. Answer key will contain correct answers of the questions asked in the examination.
Through the answer key candidates can calculate their expected marks of the examination. The answer key will be available in the PDF format. The authority may also provide the opportunity to challenge against the answer key.
NATA 2020 Result
The NATA Result will be released through online mode. Candidates can check their results for first session from the month of May 2020. For second session, it will be released on 14th June 2020.
The result will be published in two formats, i.e. Marks obtained out of 200 and in each component and status of pass/fail. NATA 2020 score card will be valid for only 2020-21 sessions. Candidates can check their results by entering application number and password.
NATA 2020 Cut off
Authority will publish the NATA Cut off through online mode. Cut off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to obtained to qualify the examination. Cut off will be published by the exam conducting authority.
NATA 2020 cut off will depend on various factors like total seats, difficulty level of exam, total number of appeared candidates and etc. Candidates must have to obtain following cut off marks in the examination:
|Exam||Minimum Percentage/Marks||Total Marks|
|MCQ Portion||25% (32)||120|
|Drawing Portion||25% (18)||80|
NATA 2020 Counselling
Candidates will have to apply separately in institutions to get admission. The authority will not conduct any centralized NATA 2020 Counselling for providing admission. Candidates who want to get admission in B.Arch. courses have to apply separately in institutions.
Candidates are advised to bring all required documents and their photocopies for the verification process. Each institute will conduct their own counselling for providing admission. Final admission will be provided to those candidates who will fulfill eligibility criteria completely.
If you have any other query about the NATA 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.