UPESEAT 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
UPESEAT 2023 (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test) is managed by UPES, Dehradun. This is the university-level examination that is conducted for admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes in various disciplines. There are specializations in B.Tech like aerospace, chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, petroleum etc that are offered at UPES. This university gives admission to the desirous eligible candidates and the admission will be purely based on the marks scored in the UPESEAT 2023 examination (80%), JEE Mains score (10%), and Board merit score (10%). In this article, we have provided complete details about UPESEAT 2023 exam.
UPESEAT 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT)|
|Conducted Body||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Dates
Check the UPESEAT 2023 tentative exam date given below:
|Starting of application process||Last week of November 2022|
|Last date to submit the Application form||Last week of March 2023 and Last week of June 2023 (phase 2)|
|Admit Card Availability date||July 2023|
|UPESEAT 2023 Exam Date||1st week of April 2023 (phase 1) and 1st week of July 2023 (phase 2)|
|Result date Declaration||1st week of April 2023 (phase 1) and July 2023 (phase 2)|
|Publication of merit list||Last week of July 2023|
|Commencement of Counselling Starts||July 2023|
UPESEAT 2023 Application Form
Check the UPESEAT 2023 application form given below:
- The application form will be available in the online mode for the UPESEAT 2023 examination.
- The online application form should be filled up as per the requirements by providing all the important details such as mail ID, postal address, and all the qualification details.
- The UPESEAT 2023 application form will release from Last week of November 2022.
- Candidates also need to upload the scanned copy of their recent passport size photographs in the application form.
- After following all the important steps for filling out the application, candidates need to recheck all the information carefully and submit the application form.
- Make a payment of the necessary application fee through online mode and offline both.
- The last date to submit the application form will be Last week of March 2023 and Last week of June 2023 (phase 2).
- After all the process candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The payment mode for the application form will be offline and online both modes will be available.
- Online payment can be done by credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- For offline fee payment of the application form, candidates can send Demand Draft issued in favor of UPES Fee.
|For Foreign Nationals||US$ 75|
|All Category Candidates||Rs. 1350|
UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for UPESEAT 2023 given below:
- Nationality: Indians, as well as foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for the UPESEAT 2023.
- Qualification: The candidates must have to pass their secondary and senior secondary examination with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- Marks: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at the senior secondary examination 12th.
- JEE Main: Candidates must have to qualified in the JEE Main examination. This is applicable for JEE Main Merit.
- Board: Candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th with the minimum 80% marks. This is applicable on the board merit.
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates need to know the complete exam pattern to clear the examination for the UPES.
- Mode: The UPESEAT entrance test will be conducted in CBT (Online) & centre based mode.
- Total Questions: The total number of questions asked in the exam is 200 (center based) and total of 125 questions (online) in the paper.
- Type of Questions: The questions will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) only.
- Medium: The medium of examination will be English only.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours (center based) and 2 hours (online).
- Marking Scheme: There will be an allotment of 1 mark for each correct answer. The paper has no negative marking.
- Total Sections: The paper includes various sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and General English.
UPESEAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for this examination will be at the level of XI and XII of the CBSE Board for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Physics & Measurement
- Work, Energy & Power
- Laws of Motion
- Properties 0f Solids and Liquids
- Rotational Motion
- Oscillations & Waves
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- The states of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- Redox Reactions, and Electrochemistry
- Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Relations & Functions
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets, Matrices & Determinants
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Sequencers & Series
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability
- Vector Algebra
UPESEAT Preparation Tips
Here we provide you the effective tips for the preparation of the UPESEAT 2023 examination:
- Appropriate timetable must be prepared for studying for the exams, and they must adhere to it.
- Information must be gathered for the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Last year’s Question Paper must be solved for a enhanced understanding of the question pattern.
- Take mock test and analyze your performance on daily basis.
- Mental and physical well-being can be fair by doing yoga.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UPESEAT 2023 Admit Card
The UPESEAT 2023 Admit card will release from July 2023 through online mode. The admit card can be accessed through the login using the application number, date of birth, and registered email id.
Candidates need to check all the important details on the admit card details including the name of the candidates, father’s name, examination center, and signature. Candidates are required to keep UPESEAT 2023 admit card safe until the exam, and the admission process is over. The candidate need to carry the admit card to the exam center.
UPESEAT 2023 Answer Key
The answer key for the UPESEAT 2023 will release from June 2023. It will be provided through online mode only.
The answer key will be released online on the website of UPES. With the help of the answer key, the candidates will be able to calculate their approximate section-wise and an aggregate score of the examination and estimate the probable rank as per their calculated score.
UPESEAT 2023 Result
The UPESEAT Result will be declared from 1st week of April 2023 (phase 1) and July 2023 (phase 2). Candidates can check their result online by entering the login details on the website. By using their details such as registration number, roll number, date of birth, etc.
The result also display section-wise and category-wise marks and ranking. Three separate merit lists for candidates seeking admission through a UPESEAT entrance exam, JEE Main exam scores, and board exam scores shall be published.
UPESEAT 2023 Counselling
UPESEAT counselling will be conducted for candidates who will qualify the UPESEAT 2023. The counselling will be commenced from July 2023. The counselling of UPESEAT will be centralized counselling which is based on the UPESEAT examination merit list, class 12th board, and JEE Main.
The selected candidates will have to reach the center for the further process of counselling and must have to carry some of the important documents for verification and seat allotment. Then the candidate can take admission to their desired courses.
UPESEAT counselling comprises of various stages such as registration, filling of the college preference, document verification, seat allotment, fee payment, etc.
Documents Required for Verification:
- 4 passport size photographs
- UPESEAT 2023 Admit Card/Rank Card
- Counselling Call letter
- Caste category
- Domicile certificate
- Scorecard or Result of the qualifying exam
If you have any other query about UPESEAT 2023 exam, you can ask us by leaving your queries below in the comment box.