WBJEE 2019: Admission, Counselling Procedure, Seat Allotment
WBJEE 2019 3rd Allotment has been released. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2019) is managed by the WBJEE Board. It is a state level entrance exam for the candidates to get admission in Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses. Numbers of state universities, government colleges and self financed institutions offer admission on the basis of WBJEE score. In this article candidates can get all details regarding WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Notification
The Application form for WBJEE 2020 will be released in December, 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Seat Allotment for third round has been released on 13th July 2019. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2019 Result has been declared on 20th June 2019. Check here for result details.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Dates
In this article, candidates can check the WBJEE 2019 exam dates.
|Starting of online application form||26th December 2018|
|Last date to fill form, pay application fee and download confirmation page||22nd January 2019|
|Correction window and downloading revised confirmation page||23rd – 25th January 2019|
|Download of admit card||14th May 2019|
|Date of examination||26th May 2019 (Revised)|
|Release of answer key||3rd June 2019|
|Last date to submit objection||5th June 2019|
|Publication of result||20th June 2019|
|Starting of counselling||25th June 2019|
WBJEE Answer Key 2019
The authority has released the model answer key soon after the completion of entrance exam. Candidates can also challenge the WBJEE answer key if they are not satisfied with the official answer key.
The challenge are accepted through online mode by paying Rs. 500/- through online mode. After evaluation of challenges, the final answer key will be uploaded on the website along with OMR answer sheet.
WBJEE 2019 Result
Candidates can download their WBJEE 2019 result from 20th June 2019. The candidates can also download their rank card till the last date of e-counselling and admission.
A general merit rank (GMR) will be prepared on the basis of WBJEE 2019 marks scored by the candidate to get admission in engineering, pharmacy and architecture courses in Jadavpur University. A separate rank will be prepared for the reserve category candidates.
WBJEE 2020 (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) will be conducted by the WBJEE Board. It is organized to offer admission in UG Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses. It is conducted for admission in various government and private colleges & universities in West Bengal state.
WBJEE Counselling 2019
The e-counselling is conducted by the board to allot the seats to the candidates after the declaration of result. Candidates those listed in the rank list are called for the counselling.
The WBJEE 2019 counselling and the admission is completely based on GMR. 10% seats will be filled through JEE Main 2019 rank. All verification are done during counselling and subsequent admission and registration with the university.
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
The candidates are able to download their admit card through online mode. The downloading of admit card has been started form 14th May 2019.
Candidates have to carry one photo Id proof along with WBJEE 2019 admit card and one photograph. Candidates can bring the Id’s such as Aadhar card/ Pan card/ Passport/ voter card/ 10th standard admit card/ School-ID card.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view WBJEE 2019 FAQs.
WBJEE Application Form 2019
Candidates are advised to fill the online application form only after going through the information brochure.
- The WBJEE application form 2019 can be filled through online mode.
- Candidates can start the application form filing procedure from 26th December 2018.
- The last date to fill application form, pay application fee and download the confirmation page will be 22nd January 2019.
- Candidates also have to upload their scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The details filled in the application form should be exactly as mentioned in the school certificates.
- The authority has provided the correction facility after the application process gets over.
- Application correction can be done till 25th January 2019.
- Application will not be completed until the confirmation page will be generated.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/-.
- Application fee can be paid either online mode, i.e. net banking or debit/credit card.
Candidates should fill the application form only if they will fulfill the complete eligibility criteria.
Candidate must be the citizen of India.
The candidate age should be 17 years as on 31.12.2019. There is no upper age limit to apply. For admission to the degree level Marine Engineering course, the upper age limit will be 25 Years as on 31.12.2019.
Candidates studying in 12th are also eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed the 12th or equivalent examination from the recognized board.
- Subjects: Physics and Mathematics along with one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Computer Application are the compulsory subjects. Candidates must pass individually in all the three subjects.
- Minimum Marks: It is necessary to obtained 45% marks (40% in case of reserved categories) in three subjects taken together.
- Must pass English with at least 30% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should qualify the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in all the three subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD category) in all three subjects taken together.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2019
Here, in this section candidates can view the complete WBJEE 2019 exam pattern.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through offline (OMR) mode.
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours will be provided to complete the whole exam. Paper 1 will be conducted from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and Paper 2 will be organized from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ) will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: In category- I & category II, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in category-III.
|Total Questions||Total Marks|
|No. of Questions|
In Category-I: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-II: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-III: One or more answer options are correct
WBJEE Syllabus 2019
The syllabus is prepared from class 11th and 12th class of the respective board. It include subjects such as Physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. The complete syllabus is given below:
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
If you have any other queries about WBJEE 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.