WBJEE 2020: Counselling (Started), Allotment (Released) Dates
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment (2nd round) has been released on 24th September 2020. It is a state level undergraduate entrance test. It is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. This exam is conducted for providing admission in UG courses in the field of engineering & technology, architecture and pharmacy. Various Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self Financed Institutions of West Bengal state consider the WBJEE score to offer admission. The examination has been conducted through offline mode with the four hour duration. Read the full article to get details for WBJEE 2020 including answer key, result, counselling etc.
WBJEE 2020 Notification – Allotment Released (2nd Round)
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment (2nd Round) has been released on 24th September 2020. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2021 Exam will be conducted in third week of April 2021. Check complete details about WBJEE 2021 here.
WBJEE 2020 Seat Allotment Result round first (inter cycle round) has been released. Check here for details.
WBJEE 2020 Result has been released on 7th August 2020. Check here for result details.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Dates
The official dates of WBJEE 2020 have been announced. Check the WBJEE date from the table given below:
|Starting of online form filing||18th October 2019|
|Last date for form filling & fee payment||13th November 2019|
|Last date to download the confirmation page||14th-16th November 2019|
|Application form correction window||14th-16th November 2019|
|Admit card release||24th January 2020|
|Exam date||2nd February 2020|
|Release of answer key||17th February 2020|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||–|
|Recorded responses publish||–|
|Last date to claim for Review||–|
|Final answer key publish||–|
|Result declaration||7th August 2020|
|Counselling begins||12th August 2020|
WBJEE Counselling 2020
Candidates who have awarded a rank in the entrance test are eligible to participate in the counselling process. WBJEE Counselling has been started via online mode.
Course-wise and institute wise availability of seats will be published on the website. The documents will be verified at the reporting centre on the specified dates. Once the seat is allotted, candidates are required to report to the allotted college to complete the admission procedure.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to check official FAQ’s
WBJEE Application Form 2020
Below we have provided some important instructions to fill the application form:
- There will be no printed application form available so candidates will have to apply online for WBJEE exam.
- WBJEE 2020 Application Form has been released from 18th October 2019.
- Candidates must have a mobile number and a unique email ID to fill the application form.
- Any duplicate application form will lead to rejection.
- Candidates will be needed to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Candidates can make WBJEE Correction in the details filled in the application form (except registration details) during the correction window.
- Candidates must keep safe the printout of the confirmation page for further use.
- The application fee to be paid by the candidates is Rs. 700 for General candidates and Rs. 500 for SC/ST/OBC- A/OBC-B candidates, plus the Bank’s service charges.
- The fee can be remitted through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- At the time of counselling, exclusive JEE(Main) 2020 candidates (i.e. the candidates who did not appear for WBJEE 2020) will have to pay Rs. 500 as registration fees.
Candidates must check the WBJEE eligibility criteria before applying for WBJEE 2020:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age limit: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December 2020. Candidates must have born on or before 31st December 2003.
- Upper Age Limit: For marine engineering course, the upper age limit will be 25 years as on 31st December 2020. No upper age limit for other courses.
Qualification Eligibility (for Engineering):
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 or equivalent exam recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.|
|Subjects||Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one from the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.|
|Percentage||Must have secured 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD categories) in the above mentioned subjects.|
|English Subject||Should have qualified English at 10+2 level with minimum 30% marks.|
Qualification Eligibility (for Pharmacy):
|Qualifying Exam||12th or equivalent examination.|
|Subjects||Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and any one from the Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application.|
|Percentage||Minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for other reserved categories.|
|English Subject||It is mandatory to qualify the English subject in 12th class with minimum 30% marks.|
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2020
The detailed WBJEE exam pattern for examination is given below:
- Mode: The test will be conducted through OMR based (offline mode).
- Papers: The examination is divided into two papers, i.e. Paper I – mathematics and Paper II – physics & chemistry.
- Shift: The test will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. morning shift (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) and afternoon shift (2:00 PM to 4:00 PM).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions with four options against each question.
- Answering Mode: Candidates are required to use blue/black ball point pen to answer the questions.
- The marking scheme and number of questions for WBJEE exam is provided below:
Number of Questions
|Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Category – I (full marks – 1)||Category – II (full marks – 2)||Category – III (full marks – 2)|
WBJEE Syllabus 2020
The syllabus will contain topics from mathematics, chemistry and physics subjects. Some important topics of WBJEE Syllabus has been listed below:
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions, Calculus, etc.
Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Laws of motion, Gravitation, Viscosity, Kinetic theory of gases, Electrostatics, Magnetic effect of current, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, etc.
Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Coordination Compounds, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, etc.
How to Prepare for WBJEE
Here we are providing some beneficial tips & tricks to prepare for the examination:
- Make a strategy plan for your preparation and give equal weightage for all the subjects.
- Get details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Choose the good study materials or books which cover all the syllabus of WBJEE exam.
- Make short note during your preparations and revise them at the end time of preparation.
- Stay concentrated for your studies and prepare well.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card has been provided on 24th January 2020. Candidates must keep safe the admit card for further use.
WBJEE Admit Card 2020 has been released via online mode. Admit cards has been issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate.
Candidates will be required to carry the printed admit card to the examination centre. To get a duplicate admit card, candidates are required to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- through bank draft in the favor of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
WBJEE Answer Key 2020
The model answer key has been published on 17th February 2020. Candidates are able to check the WBJEE Answer Key via online mode.
Students can also challenge against the model answer key through online mode. Candidates have to pay Rs. 500/- per question to challenge the answer key.
The processing fee will be remitted through net banking/debit card/ credit card and e-challan. The final answer key has been released in the month of July 2020.
WBJEE 2020 Result
The board has published the WBJEE result 2020 through the website. It has been announced on 7th August 2020.
The scanned images of OMRs and machine read responses will be uploaded within two or three weeks after the examination. Candidates can view the responses through their login.
The result has been published in the form of WBJEE rank card. It will contain the relevant ranks, total score and component scores in both papers. Candidates can download their rank card through login.
For any other queries about WBJEE 2020, you may leave your queries below in the comment section.