XAT 2018: Registration, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
XAT 2018 is also referred as Xavier Aptitude Test. It is the university level entrance exam, which is organized by the XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) on the behalf of XAMI. XAT exam is conducted for the admission in more than 150 B-Schools of the country. The exam is the gateway for admission in management courses. For more than 60 years XLRI is organizing XAT exam at all India level basis. Candidates can get the complete details about XAT 2018 including application, exam dates, admit card, syllabus, etc.
XAT Exam Dates
XAT 2018 tentative exam dates are given below:
|Application Date Starts||3rd week of August 2017|
|Application Date Ends (Without late Fee)||Last week of November 2017|
|Last Date of Application (with late fee)||2nd week of December 2017|
|Downloading Admit Card||3rd week of December 2017|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of January 2018|
|Result Declaration||Last week of January 2018|
|Counselling Begins||After declaration of Result|
XAT Registration 2018
XAT 2018 registration process is the primary step towards applying for XLRI and XAT associated institutions. The detailed application process is mentioned below.
- Candidates have to apply through the online mode for XAT 2018 exam.
- Candidates have to log in to the website and then have to register by creating their account. This will provide you with XAT ID and password.
- Fill all the required details such as personal, contact, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph & signature.
- Make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Send the confirmation page along with required documents of the application form to the address mentioned below:
The Chairperson Admission, XLRI,
Circuit House Area (East),
- Candidates interested in XAT but not in XLRI need to pay Rs. 1600/- only.
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
- The fee payment can be done through online mode like debit/credit card or net banking.
- For cash payment, candidates have to take a printout of XAT Pay-In-Slip visit the nearest IDBI bank and pay the application fee.
- For payment through DD, make a DD in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur from any bank.
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before applying:
- Nationality: All Indian candidates can appear for XAT 2018.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any stream from any recognized college or institution.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign Candidate: NRI & foreign candidates can also apply through GMAT score (except Dubai & Kathmandu wherein candidates have option to appear in the XAT 2018 examination).
XAT Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen & paper based mode.
- Number of Papers: The XAT exam is divided in two sections i.e. is paper 1 and paper 2.
- Number of Questions: The paper 1 will consist of 72 questions and paper 2 will consist of 25 questions & one essay topic.
- Duration: The total time given for paper 1 is 170 minutes and paper 2 is 35 minutes.
|Paper||Section||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||21|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25|
How to Prepare for XAT
- First, you have to gather details about the complete syllabus prescribed for the exam.
- Make a time-table for preparation and don’t try new topics at the last time.
- Try to cover all topics of the syllabus.
- Use the best XAT books and study materials for your preparations.
- Attempt the previous year question papers and sample papers.
There is not any fixed syllabus for XAT exam. The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and General Knowledge. In XAT exam, questions will be asked from the above mentioned topics.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
XAT Admit Card 2018
- Candidates can download their admit card via online mode.
- XAT Hall Ticket will be released in the third week of December 2017.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination hall.
- Admit card contains various details like personal details, time, exam date, exam centre, and important instructions regarding the exam.
XAT Result 2018
- XAT 2018 Result will be announced in the last week of January 2018.
- Candidates can access their result via online mode through the website.
- To check the result, candidates are needed to enter their roll number & other required details.
- After releasing the result, candidates can go for the further process of counselling.
Cut-off is maintained on the basis of total candidates appeared in the examination. It is the minimum score which is required to qualify the exam. On the basis of cut-off candidates can get admissions in various institutions. Here we have mentioned the expected XAT Cut-off:
|VA & LA||DM||QA & DI||Total|
XAT Admission 2018
- On the basis of the score of the candidates in the XAT entrance exam, candidates will be invited for XAT counselling procedure 2018.
- Counselling will be held through online process.
- During the admission procedure, candidates will have to go through the process of GD (group discussion) & PI (Personal Interviews) rounds.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for admission as per the marks obtained by them in the examination and GD/PI.
If you have any query regarding XAT 2018, you can leave your query in the comment box given below.