Career in Entrepreneurship
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Are you thinking of starting a business on your own?
To start a business, you have to prepare yourself financially and emotionally. Your passion for your product or service and tolerance for risk are the major points which will help you to run a successful business.
Firstly let’s talk about… What is Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship is a procedure of designing, beginning & running a new business. For example – like a startup company offering a product or service.
Most people think like being an entrepreneur is about coming up with a new idea for the business, but it doesn’t stop here it also includes that how you will reach to the clients and customers in an affordable & effective way.
In a simple way, we can say that Entrepreneurship means creating new things rather than sticking to conventional jobs & businesses.
A person who sets up business on taking the financial risks in the hope of profit is termed as “Entrepreneur”.
The entrepreneur is a loanword from the French language firstly used in 1973.
Entrepreneur is an innovative or independent-minded business person. An entrepreneur creates products & services.
They are job creators rather than job seekers.
In the late 17th and early 18th century, Richard Cantillon and Adam Smith study entrepreneurship in the discipline of management.
Scope of Entrepreneurship
There are lots of scope in the field of entrepreneurship. After completing your degree, you may open your own business. The scope of Entrepreneurship in India or in abroad is tremendous. Nowadays, the youth of the nation is much more focused towards starting their own business, this has given rise to a lot of new startups in the country. In the study of Entrepreneurship, you can learn the techniques to run the business in an effective way.
Courses & Duration
Also Check: Courses After 12th Commerce
There are many courses available to pursue in the field of Entrepreneurship. You can pursue the diploma, certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in this field. Many of the universities provide the free online course in entrepreneurship. Some most sought courses are listed below:
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate course in Women Entrepreneurs
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurial Management,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- BBA in Entrepreneurship
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Family Business & Entrepreneurship
- Problem-solving skills
- Better understanding of business & market economics
- Teamwork and networking skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Risk-taking ability
Latest Applications Open 2019:
For Undergraduate Courses: To start with the undergraduate course, you can get admission after 12th or Higher Secondary degree from any recognized institution.
For Postgraduate Courses: For admissions in master courses, you should have completed your bachelor’s degree (BBA) in the related field from any recognized university or college.
Looking for admission in these courses?…… Here, let us explain you about admission procedure in these courses.
Admission in UG courses, mostly given on the basis of marks secured by the students in 10+2 level. For admissions in PG courses (MBA), you shall be required to appear for entrance exams. Some of the entrance tests for admission in MBA courses are mentioned here:
Some best colleges to pursue entrepreneurship are mentioned here:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), Gandhinagar
- The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Delhi
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneshwar
“In this field, you will have plenty of career options to choose from.”
Degree in entrepreneurship provides you a foundation in management, finance and business operations.
Entrepreneurship emerges as a favourite career option for the Indian students.
Entrepreneurship as a profession gives a great sense of independence & remarkable amount of job satisfaction.
Today, more & more young people are adopting entrepreneurship as a career option.
As an entrepreneur, you can start up your own business but if you are not ready to begin your own business, there are also other options available to use your entrepreneurship degree.
You can work as a business consultant in various government and private companies. You can also perform teaching jobs at colleges and universities.
Some job titles are:
- Small Business Owners
- Business Consultants
- Business Reporters
- Fundraisers and Development Officers
- Sales Managers
- New Venture Developers
There are various business and job opportunities for the students who have completed their degree in entrepreneurship. You can run your own business in India as well as in foreign countries.
- Own business
- Job in industries
- Jobs in mid-level Management
- Office Administration
- Business Consultant
- Business Reporter
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Manager
How much salaries you can expect with a degree in entrepreneurship?
In this field, salaries will vary from your hard work, education, your experience in the working field, working area, etc. Once you get settled with a name & fame in your business, your earnings will be beyond the limit.
In India, withholding a degree of MBA (Entrepreneurship) you can earn salaries between Rs.3 to 5 lacs per year. The top recruiters in this field are listed below.
- Venture Storm
- Linked in
Books & Study Materials
Here, we have listed some good books to study for entrepreneurship:
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Finding Your Way in a Wild New World by Martha Beck
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Entrepreneur: A Beginners Guide to Entrepreneurship by Brad Jones
- Think like an Entrepreneur, Act like a CEO by Beverly E. Jones
- The FINTECH Books by Susanne Chishti and Janos Barberis
- The Business Book (Big Ideas) by DK
For any other queries regarding Career in Entrepreneurship, feel free to leave your queries below.