BHU Admission 2018: Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus
The Banaras Hindu University was founded by the Bharat Ratna Mahamansa Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya in 1916. The university offers UG, PG and Diploma/Certificate programmes in various disciplines. BHU conducts its own entrance exam for providing admissions to its affiliated institutions. It is a Central University, which is comprised of 5 institutions. Here, candidates can check details about BHU Admission 2018 including exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
BHU Admission Exam Dates 2018
Here is the tentative exam schedule of BHU Admission 2018:
|Online application starts from||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of March 2018|
|Admit Card availability||Before one week of the exam|
|Entrance exam date|
|For PET||2nd week of April to 2nd week of June 2018|
|For UET||2nd week of April to 1st week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling Commencement||In the month of July 2018|
BHU Application Form 2018
- BHU Application form 2018 can be filled through online mode only.
- Students must have the valid e-mail ID and mobile number for applying.
- Before filling the form, candidates must keep ready a recent passport size color photograph in JPEG format. The size of scanned photograph should not be more than 100KB.
- No document is required to be attached along with the online application form.
- Hard copy of the duly filled in application form is not required to send to the University.
- Students must keep the printout of filled application form for future reference.
- Application fee is Rs. 500/- for General and OBC and for SC/ST is Rs. 250/-.
- Students can pay the application fee through online payment gateway.
- The available service to pay the fee are ATM-cum-Debit card, Credit card, Net banking.
- Students can also pay the application fee in cash by downloading the HDFC Bank Challan.
Students can check the eligibility criteria for both UG & PG programmes of BHU form here:
For UG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Students applying for UG courses should pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
For PG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Student must hold the Bachelor Degree (in 10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Students must secure minimum 50% marks to appear the PG entrance exam (PET).
BHU Exam Pattern 2018
The BHU 2018 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Exam is held through offline mode, i.e. pen and paper mode.
- Exams: BHU conducts the separate exam for UG, PG and Research. For UG, it will conduct the UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test), PET (Post Graduate Entrance Test) and RET (Research Entrance Test).
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be comprised of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Language: The question paper will be published in English & Hindi language.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
BHU Entrance Admit Card 2018
BHU entrance admit card 2018 will be available before one week of the examination. The University will publish the admit card on the website. Students have to affix the passport size photo on admit card same as on application form. Intimation of admit card will be done by sending an SMS or email to student’s registered mobile number/mail ID.
BHU Entrance Result 2018
BHU result 2018 for various entrance exams will be displayed on the website in the first week of June 2018. Merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks secured in entrance test. BHU will also release a provisional answer key. If students have any objection related to answer key they can file their objection within 5 days of the display of the provisional answer key.
BHU Counselling 2018
The counselling for BHU Admission 2018 will be done on the basis of marks secured in entrance exam. The University will conduct its counseling through online mode. Students can attend the counselling on the basis of their rank. The seats will be allotted to the students according to their rank and availability of seats in various colleges. Students have to bring the allotment letter at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
Documents to be submitted in original at the time of Counselling:
- Qualifying exam mark sheet and passing certificate
- BHU entrance exam admit card
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
If you have any other queries about BHU Admission 2018, you can leave your comments in the comment box.