CAT 2023: IIM CAP Admission (Started), Result, Scorecard, Cut Off
CAT 2023 IIM CAP Application Last date is till 31st January 2024. Result has been declared on 21st December 2023. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM’s) on rotational basis every year. It is management entrance test conducted for admission into IIM’s and other business schools throughout India. CAT 2023 is being organised by IIM Lucknow.
Other than IIM’s, candidates can also use CAT scores for admission into various PG Management Programs of various Government & Private Management institutions. Candidates who are interested to know about CAT 2023 can check complete details through this article about CAT Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Application, fee, etc.
CAT 2023 Notification – IIM CAP Registration Started
CAT 2023 IIM CAP Application Last date is till 31st January 2024. Check here for admission details.
CAT 2023 Cut Off has been released by various IIMs. Check here for cut off details.
CAT 2023 Result has been declared on 21st December 2023. Check here for result details.
Admission Open 2024
CAT 2023 Highlights
Who is the coordinating IIM CAP for CAT 2023 ? – IIM Kashipur
When is the CAT 2023 result expected ? Announced, On 21st December 2023, Check result/scorcard details
What is CAT 2023 cut off for various IIMs ? Announced, Check cut off details
When is the answer key for CAT 2023 releasing ? – Released, 5th December 2023, Check here answer key details
When was CAT 2023 exam organised ? – On 26th November 2023, Check exam dates details
Who was the coordinating IIM for CAT 2023 ? – IIM Lucknow
What is the CAT 2023 Syllabus? You can check syllabus details from here
Is there any attempt limit for CAT exam ? No attempt limit.
Sanjeet Singh, a professor at IIM lucknow has been appointed as exam convenor of CAT 2023.
CAT 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam
|Common Admission Test
|Indian Institute Of Management (IIMs on rotational basis)
|CAT Exam Level
|Once a year
CAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can below check complete official CAT Exam Dates / Calendar for the 2023 exam :
|Admission Notification releases
|30th July 2023
|CAT 2023 Registration process starts
|2nd August 2023
|Last date to register
|21st September 2023 (till 11 am)
|Correction facility opens
|25th -28th September
|Availability of admit card
|7th November 2023
|CAT Exam 2023
|26th November 2023
|Release of Answer key
|5th December 2023
|Submission of objections/ suggestions
|Till 8th December 2023
|Declaration of result/ scorecard
|21st December 2023
|Starting of CAP (common admission process)
|20th January 2024
CAT 2023 Cut Off
The Cut Off list has been made available by various IIMs. The concerned authority sets a cut-off list after analysing facts such as the total number of applications, the performance of the individual candidates, the number of available seats in the institutes, etc.
CAT Cut Off 2023 marks are the qualifying marks, which individual candidates must obtain at least for qualifying the exam.
CAT 2023 Admission Procedure
IIMs conducts separate counselling/ admission process for admission into management courses. There won’t be any centralised counselling organised by the authority. However, IIM CAP round is organised by various participating IIMs. CAT admission procedure starts after a few weeks from the declaration of the result. The final admission process is conducted in the respective IIM campuses accordingly.
The admission procedure is different for every IIM so candidates are advised to visit the website of each IIM individually before applying for it.
An admission confirmation notice will be sent to every shortlisted candidate through their registered email id and phone number. After which candidates have to report at the allotted center within a given time period to accept the admission offer.
CAT 2023 Answer Key
The CAT 2023 Answer keys and question papers has been published online on the website of the concerned authority on 5th December 2023. Also, all the interested candidates can download the CAT answer key 2023 from the website.
After successfully downloading the CAT Answer Key, candidates can match the answers with the answer key. If the candidates are not satisfied with the answer sheet, then they can report it to the concerned authority in the prescribed time format.
CAT 2023 Result
The CAT 2023 scorecards has been made available on the website. The candidates are also notified individually through SMS/ mail about the declared CAT results. The scorecards has been released on 21st December 2023.
CAT results has been declared on 21st December 2023. Candidates can check their results using their login ID and password.
CAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates registered for CAT 2023 will be able to download the admit card. About admit card, students will be informed on 7th November 2023. The details regarding the exam center, schedule and others regarding the candidate such as name, roll no. etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
The candidates must log in with a valid user ID and password to download CAT admit card. The admit card is mandatory for every candidate to carry at the exam center. The admit card must be kept safe till the completion of the admission procedure as it can be required at the time of counselling. If candidates faces any problem at the time of downloading the hall ticket, then they must contact the authority before exam date.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
In the below given section, candidates can check the complete CAT Exam pattern 2023:
- Exam Mode: CAT exam 2023 will be conducted through online mode (Computer-based test).
- Slots: Exam is expected to be conducted in three slots.
- Type of Questions: There will be two types of questions in the exam – MCQs and Non-MCQs type questions.
- Time Duration: A total of two hours will be given to solve the CAT question paper.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer/ attempt in the objective type section. However, no negative marking will be done in the subjective section.
Section-wise distribution of Question and Marks:
|Number of Questions
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Syllabus for CAT 2023
The latest syllabus for CAT is very generalised and has vast fields. IIMs have not fixed any particular syllabus for CAT, but the questions are mostly based on the middle school Mathematics and English subjects or topics.
The CAT syllabus compromise of all three sections Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Ability. The detailed syllabus for this section is given below:
Variations, Linear and Quadratics Equations, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Surds and Indices, Critical Path, Mensuration and Geometry, Logarithms, Percentage, Allegations and Mixtures, Critical Path.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:
Line Graph, Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Propositions, Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Venn Diagram, Combination of Graphs, Clocks and Calendars, Data Sufficiency and Assumptions.
Verbal & Reading Comprehension:
Analogies, Idioms, Fact Inference Judgement, Para Jumble, Para completion, Fill in the blanks, Word usage, Sentence Correction, etc.
CAT 2023 Quick Links
CAT 2023 Preparation Tips
CAT is considered one of the toughest management entrance exams in India but there is still ample time to prepare for CAT 2023.
Here are some CAT Preparation tips for the aspiring candidates, which they can follow in order to do well in the exam:
- The candidate have to first understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- Identify the sections in which they are strong and weak. Focus more on weaker sections while keep practicing the strengths topics.
- Go through some previous year’s question papers to be more familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty of questions.
- Always follow and focus on good books from renowned writers.
- Another key point is to mainly focus on self-study. You may take help from coaching centers but never rely on them completely.
- You may also solve some mock tests for CAT available online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
CAT 2023 Exam Centers
The CAT 2023 exam will be held in 156 cities across India. The following are a few of them:
CAT Participating Institutions
Various participating institutions (IIMs) which offer admission into various management programmes are:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Indore
- IIM Jammu
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Sambhalpur
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Tiruchirappali
- IIM Vishakhapatnam
- IIM Udaipur
CAT 2023 Application Form
Following are details about the CAT 2023 Registration for the entrance exam:
- CAT 2023 Application Form has been released on 2nd August 2023.
- Candidates can register only by online mode.
- Enter mandatory details in the form to get registered.
- Last date to register for CAT 2023 is till 21st September 2023.
- After registration, candidates have to navigate to the application form and fill other details in application form with their name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Upload the documents asked during the registration procedure.
- After uploading the documents and filling details, candidates must re-check all the details filled in the application form.
- Make sure to take printout of the application form and keep it for future reference.
Candidates can submit CAT 2023 Application fee through online mode only.
Payment mode: Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking and UPI payment methods are the ones using which candidates can pay application fee
The following is the application fee for CAT 2023:
|For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD
|All other category candidates
How to Apply For CAT 2023
Follow the below mentioned steps to register for CAT 2023/2024:
- Visit the online website. (Link is provided above)
- Click on the option provided as ‘CAT 2023 Registration’.
- Now register by filling the mandatory details like name, mobile number, DOB, email, etc.
- An OTP will be generated using which login details can be created by students.
- Now login with credentials provided during registration.
- Fill the application form by entering personal, communication and other details.
- Now upload the scanned images as per the specified format and size.
- Enter qualifying academic degree details.
- Add work experience and proceed further.
- Enter programme name and exam centre details in the form.
- Pay application fee as per your category and payment gateways.
- Now before submitting the application form, go through complete filled details in the form.
- Take print out of application form and fee receipt for further reference.
Documents Required for Uploading in CAT 2023:
Below are the documents required to upload during CAT registration:
- Scanned copy of Caste Certificate
- Bachelor degree marks certificates and provisional certificates
- Scanned photograph and signature images
- Class 10th and 12th passing certificate/ Mark sheet, etc.
CAT 2023 Application Correction
The authority provides CAT application correction facility to make few changes in the details and images uploaded in the CAT application form. Students can correct their uploaded images (photo & signature) and test city from 25th -28th September 2023.
The eligible candidates are required to log in to the candidate’s dashboard on its website. After login, the candidates can upload their correct and valid images. However, corrections in other details of the CAT application form 2023 is not allowed by the authority.
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check their eligibility for appearing in the CAT exam. The candidates can easily apply after verifying the eligibility criteria details. Here, you can check the details about CAT Eligibility criteria below:
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent exam from a recognized college/ university or institute.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: The candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in case of general category candidates (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in final year of their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. Those having professional degrees like CA/ CS/ ICWA can also apply.
If you have any other query related to CAT 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.