CAT 2023: IIM CAP Interview (Started), PI Allotment, Admission
CAT 2023 IIM CAP (Common Admission Process) Interview has been started. Cut Off has been released by various IIMs. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM’s) on rotational basis every year. It is management entrance test conducted for admission into IIM’s and other business schools throughout India.
Other than IIM’s, candidates can also use CAT scores for admission into various PG Management Programs of various Government & Private Management institutions. Candidates who are interested to know about CAT 2023 can check complete details through this article about CAT Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Application, fee, etc.
CAT 2023 Notifications – CAP Personal Interviews Started
CAT 2023 IIM CAP (Common Admission Process) Interview has been started for registered candidates through login. Check here for admission details.
CAT 2023 Cut Off has been released by various IIMs. Check here for cut off details.
CAT 2022 Result has been announced on 21st December 2022. Check here for result details.
Admission Open 2023
CAT 2023 Highlights
Who is the coordinating IIM for CAT 2023 ? – IIM Bangalore
When will the admissions start at various IIM’s ? – CAP Started at various IIMs, Check admission procedure details
When will be the cut off announced by various IIM’s ? – Released, Check cut off details
When will the CAT 2023 results declared ? – Declared, On 21st December 2022, Check result details
When is CAT 2023 exam ? – Conducted On 27th November 2022, Check exam dates details
How many times can you attempt CAT exam ? No attempt limit.
CAT 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||CAT 2023|
|Full-Form||Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute Of Management, Bangalore|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|CAT Exam Level||National Level|
CAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can below check complete CAT Exam Dates for the 2023 session:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Release of Notification||31st July 2022|
|Commencement of Registration Process||3rd August 2022|
|Last date for submission of application||21st September 2022|
|Correction Window||23rd to 26th September 2022|
|Release of Admit card||27th October to 27th November 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam||27th November 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||1st December 2022|
|Last date for submission of Objection||4th December 2022|
|Announcement of Result||21st December 2022|
CAT 2023 Cut Off
The Cut Off list is made available by various IIMs. The concerned authority sets a cut-off list after analysing facts such as the total number of applications, the performance of the individual candidates, the number of available seats in the institutes, etc.
CAT Cut Off 2023 marks are the qualifying marks, which individual candidates must obtain at least for qualifying the exam.
CAT 2023 Admission Procedure
There won’t be any centralised counselling for CAT 2023 as every IIM conducts separate counselling on the basis of scores. CAT admission procedure starts after a few weeks from the declaration of the result. The final admission process is conducted in the respective IIM campuses.
The admission procedure is different for every IIM so candidates are advised to visit the website of each IIM individually before applying for it.
An admission confirmation notice will be sent to every shortlisted candidate through their registered email id and phone number. Candidates have to report at their allotted center within a given time period to accept the admission offer.
CAT 2023 Answer Key
The CAT 2023 Answer keys and question paper has been published online on the website of the concerned authority on 1st December 2022. All the interested candidates can easily obtain CAT answer key 2023 from the website.
After successfully downloading the CAT Answer Key, candidates can match the answers with the answer key. If the candidate is not satisfied with any answer sheet at that time, the candidate can report it to the concerned authority in the prescribed time format.
CAT 2023 Result
The CAT 2023 scorecards are available on the website. The candidates are also notified individually by SMS about the declared CAT results. The scores are valid until December 2024.
CAT results have been declared on 21st December 2023. Candidates can check their results using their login ID and password.
CAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates registered for CAT 2023 can download the admit card. It has been informed that CAT admit card has been made available from 27th October to 27th November 2022. The details regarding the exam center, schedule and others regarding the candidate such as name, roll no. etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
The candidates must log in with a valid user ID and password to download CAT admit card. The admit card is mandatory for every candidate to carry at the exam center. The admit card must be kept safe till the completion of the admission procedure as it can be required at the time of counseling.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Below candidates can check the complete CAT Exam pattern 2023:
- Exam Mode: CAT exam 2023 is conducted through online mode (Computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: There will be two types of questions in the exam – MCQs and Non-MCQs type questions.
- Time Duration: A total of two hours will be given to solve the CAT question paper.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer/ attempt in the objective type section. However, no negative marking will be done in the subjective section.
Section-wise distribution of Question and Marks:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||20|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||24|
Syllabus for CAT 2023
The latest syllabus for CAT is very generalized and has vast fields. The IIMs have not fixed any particular syllabus for CAT, but the questions are mostly based on the middle school Mathematics and English subjects or topics.
The CAT syllabus compromise of all three sections Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Ability. The detailed syllabus for this section is given below:
Variations, Linear and Quadratics Equations, Time, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Surds and Indices, Critical Path, Mensuration and Geometry, Logarithms, Percentage, Allegations and Mixtures, Critical Path.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning:
Line Graph, Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, Propositions, Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Venn Diagram, Combination of Graphs, Clocks and Calendars, Data Sufficiency and Assumptions.
Verbal & Reading Comprehension:
Analogies, Idioms, Fact Inference Judgement, Para Jumble, Para completion, Fill in the blanks, Word usage, Sentence Correction, etc.
CAT 2023 Preparation Tips
CAT is considered one of the toughest management entrance exams in India but there is still ample time to prepare for CAT 2023.
Here are some CAT Preparation tips for the aspiring candidates, which they can follow in order to do well in the exam:
- The candidate have to first understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- Identify the sections in which they are strong and weak. Focus more on weaker sections while keep practicing the strengths topics.
- Go through some previous year’s question papers to be more familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty of questions.
- Always follow and focus on good books from renowned writers.
- Self-study is the main key. You may take help from coaching centers but never rely on them completely.
- You may also solve some mock tests for CAT available online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CAT 2023 Exam Centers
The CAT 2023 exam will be held in 156 cities across India. The following are a few of them:
CAT 2023 Application Form
Following are details about the CAT 2023 Registration for the entrance exam:
- The registration process of CAT 2023 has been started from 3rd August 2022.
- The registration process can be carried out through online mode.
- Candidates have to get themselves registered by entering their required details.
- Last date to register for CAT 2023 is till 21st September 2022.
- After registration, candidates have to navigate to the application form and fill other details in application form with their name, address, education qualification, etc.
- Upload the documents asked during the registration procedure.
- After uploading the documents and filling details, candidates must re-check all the details filled in the application form.
- Make sure to take printout of the application form and keep it for future reference.
Documents Required for Uploading in CAT 2023:
Below are the documents required to upload during CAT registration:
- Scanned copy of Caste Certificate
- Bachelor degree marks certificates and provisional certificates
- Scanned photograph and signature images
- Class 10th and 12th passing certificate/ Mark sheet, etc.
Candidates can submit CAT 2023 Application fee through online mode only.
Payment mode: The payment can be done using Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking and UPI payment gateways only.
The following is the application fee for CAT 2023:
|For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs.1150/-|
|All other category candidates||Rs.2300/-|
CAT 2023 Application Correction
The authority provides CAT application correction facility to make few changes in the details and images uploaded in the CAT application form. Students can correct their uploaded images (photo & signature) and test city from 23rd to 26th September 2023.
The eligible candidates are required to log in to the candidate’s dashboard on its website. After login, the candidates can upload their correct and valid images. However, corrections in other details of the CAT application form 2023 will not be allowed by the authority.
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check their eligibility for appearing in the CAT exam. The candidates can easily apply after verifying the eligibility criteria details. Here, you can check the details about CAT Eligibility criteria below:
- Qualifying Exam: The candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent exam from a recognized college/ university or institute.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: The candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in case of general category candidates (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in final year of their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. Those having professional degrees like CA/ CS/ ICWA can also apply.
If you have any other query related to CAT 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.
If I have completed the registration process with out payment, can I get a chance to pay or complete the registration
CAT 2022/ 2023 Application process is over now.