CAT 2019/2020 Eligibility Criteria – Get General Eligibility & Qualifying
CAT Exam Eligibility criteria 2019 must be checked by candidates before applying for the examination. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level management test will be organized by IIM on the rotation basis. This year, it will be conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode. Through this examination, students will get admission in various management programmes offered by IIMs, IITs, NITs and other reputed institutions. Here in this article, we are providing details regarding CAT Eligibility 2019/2020.
CAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates should check the eligibility before filling the CAT 2019 application form. Here, we are providing complete details about CAT 2019/2020 eligibility criteria:
- Students should have passed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from any recognized university or college.
- In graduation, candidates should have obtained minimum 50% marks for general candidates and 45% marks for SC, ST & PwD/DA candidates.
- The percentage of marks secured by students will be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the college/university from where candidates have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- Students appearing in the final year of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply.
- Students appearing in the qualifying exam are required to produce certificate from the principal/registrar of their college stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
Click here to view detailed CAT Eligibility Criteria.
Students have to qualify/appearing in any one of the following examinations to get eligible for CAT 2019/2020:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology or BE/B.Tech equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.
- Any qualification recognized by AIU, New Delhi, which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by colleges/ universities recognized by UGC.
- Student must be in the final year of bachelor’s degree with required percentage.
- There will be no age limit for taking the CAT examination.
- Students must fill correct category in application form in order to avail the reservation.
- The reservation percentage is 7.5%, 15%, 27% & 5% for ST/ SC/ PBC/ PWD respectively.
CAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can check following details regarding CAT 2019 application form:
- The registration process is started from 7th August 2019.
- No candidate will be able to fill the application after 25th September 2019.
- Candidates are able to fill the application form through online mode.
- No candidate will receive any application form via post or courier as offline mode.
- While filling application form, candidates have to upload passport size photograph & signature in the form.
- Candidates must also check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Candidates also have to fill test city preferences.
- During registration, candidates must provide valid phone number & email ID in their application form.
- After the submission of application form, candidates must also take printout of it for further use.
- Candidates have to pay application fee through online mode.
- The modes of payment are credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- The registration fee according to different category is mentioned below:
|General, OBC & all other categories||Rs. 1900|
|Reserved category (SC/ ST/ PwD)||Rs. 950|
If you have any other queries regarding CAT Eligibility 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.