CAT 2020/2021 Exam Pattern – Get Marking Scheme, Question Weightage
CAT 2020 exam pattern includes mode of exam, subjects, marking scheme, etc. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is the MBA entrance test conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on rotation basis. It is a national level examination for management students. The scores of CAT is accepted by 20 IIMs as well as 100 B-schools of India. CAT exam will be conducted on 29th November 2020 by IIM, Indore. In this article, we are providing information about CAT exam Pattern 2020.
CAT 2020/2021 Exam Pattern – Exam Pattern Changed
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern has been changed. Exam duration has been reduced to two hours from three hours. Check complete changed pattern below.
It is very important to get familiar with the exam pattern before starting preparation. It include details about number of sections in exam, number of question and marking scheme. The CAT 2020 admit card will be provided via online mode only. Candidates can check the exam pattern of CAT 2020/2021 from below:
- Exam Mode: CAT is the computer based test (CBT) which will be conducted in 156 cities.
- Sections: The Common Admission Test will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- Type of Questions: The question paper contains both MCQ as well as non-MCQ type questions.
- No. of Question: Total 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 120 minutes (2 hours); 40 minutes will be given for each section.
Section wise Weightage of Question:
Here we have mentioned the section wise weightage of questions of CAT 2020 examination:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
Ratio of CAT MCQs & Non-MCQs Questions:
From the year 2015, non MCQs questions were also included in the CAT exam. These questions comes without answers options. Candidates have to type the answers with the help of virtual keyboard. Here we have mentioned the ratio of MCQs & non-MCQs questions in CAT exam:
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8|
CAT 2020/2021 Syllabus
CAT 2020/ 2021 syllabus contains different topics from various subjects of Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability. For complete & detail syllabus candidates can go through CAT 2020 Syllabus.
CAT 2020/2021 Marking Scheme
Below we have given the marking scheme of CAT 2020 examination:
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded with 3 marks for each right answer. All the question (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) contain equal marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer one marks will be deducted. However, there is no negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.
It is important for candidates to know in detail about exam pattern. With the help of pattern, candidates will get aware of no. of questions, question mode, marking scheme, time duration, language, and various other mandatory details.
CAT Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some tips & tricks which will be helpful for candidates while preparing for CAT:
- Make proper time table & strictly follow it.
- Study from good study material.
- Go through complete syllabus & exam pattern.
- Make short notes & revise it on regular basis.
- Take healthy & nutritious diet.
- Take proper 8 hours sleep.
- Keep yourself fit & calm. Do exercise yoga & meditation.
- Keep atleast last one week only for revision.
For any further assistance about CAT 2020/2021 Exam Pattern, you may leave your queries in the comment box given below.