CAT 2019/2020 Exam Pattern – Get Marking Scheme, Question Weightage
CAT 2019 exam pattern includes mode of exam, sbujects, marking scheme, etc. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is the MBA entrance test conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on rotation basis. It is a national level examination for management students. The scores of CAT is accepted by 20 IIMs as well as 100 B-schools of India. CAT exam will be conducted in the last week of November 2019 by IIM, Kozhikode. In this article, we are providing information about CAT exam Pattern 2019.
CAT 2019/2020 Exam Pattern
It is very important to get familiar with the exam pattern before starting preparation. It include details about number of sections in exam, number of question and marking scheme. The CAT admit card will be provided via online mode only. Candidates can check the exam pattern of CAT 2019/2020 from below:
- Exam Mode: CAT is the computer based test (CBT) which will be conducted in 147 cities.
- Sections: The Common Admission Test will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- Type of Questions: The question paper contains both MCQ as well as non-MCQ type questions.
- No. of Question: Total 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours); 60 minutes will be given for each section.
Section wise Weightage of Question:
Here we have mentioned the section wise weightage of questions of CAT 2019 examination:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
Ratio of CAT MCQs & Non-MCQs Questions:
From the year 2015, non MCQs questions were also included in the CAT exam. These questions comes without answers options. Candidates have to type the answers with the help of virtual keyboard. Here we have mentioned the ratio of MCQs & non-MCQs questions in CAT exam:
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8|
CAT 2019/2020 Marking Scheme
Below we have given the marking scheme of CAT 2019 examination:
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded with 3 marks for each right answer. All the question (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) contain equal marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer one marks will be deducted. However, there is no negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.
For any further assistance about CAT 2019/2020 Exam Pattern, you may leave your queries in the comment box given below.