CAT 2023/ 2024 Exam Pattern, Marking & Weightage – Know Here
CAT 2023/ 2024 Exam Pattern includes mode of exam, subjects, marking scheme, etc. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is national level management entrance test conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on rotation basis.
The scores of CAT are accepted by 20 IIMs as well as 100 B-schools of India. CAT exam is going to be conducted on 26th November 2023 as per the announced schedule of this year. In this article, we are providing information about CAT Exam Pattern 2023.
CAT 2023/ 2024 Exam Pattern
It is very important to get familiar with the exam pattern before starting preparation. It include details about number of sections in exam, number of question and marking scheme. The CAT 2023 admit card is provided via online mode only. Candidates can check the exam pattern of CAT 2023/2024 from below:
- Exam Mode: CAT is the computer based test (CBT) which will be conducted in 156 cities.
- Sections: The Common Admission Test will comprise of three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- Type of Questions: The question paper contains both MCQ as well as non-MCQ type questions.
- No. of Question: Total 66 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 120 minutes (2 hours); 40 minutes will be given for each section.
Section wise Weightage of Question:
Here we have mentioned the section wise weightage of questions of CAT 2023 examination:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||24|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||20|
Ratio of CAT MCQs & Non-MCQs Questions:
From the year 2015, non MCQs questions were also included in the CAT exam. These questions comes without answers options. Candidates have to type the answers with the help of virtual keyboard.
There are 4 RC passages with 18 MCQs. Verbal ability 8 non MCQs are subdivided into para summaries, context sentences and para jumbles.
There are 14 questions in data interpretation, 10 questions in logical reasoning that makes all in sets of 6 & 4 questions.
The quantitative ability part have 22 questions high on arithmetic, algebra, geometry, roots, etc. portions.
CAT 2023/ 2024 Syllabus
CAT 2022/ 2023 Syllabus contains different topics from various subjects of Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension and quantitative ability. For complete & detail syllabus candidates can go through CAT 2024 Syllabus.
CAT 2023/ 2024 Marking Scheme
Below we have given the marking scheme of CAT 2022 examination:
- Marking Scheme: Candidates are awarded with 3 marks for each right answer. All the question (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) contain equal marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer one mark is deducted. However, there is no negative marking for Non-MCQ type questions.
It is important for candidates to know in detail about exam pattern. With the help of pattern, candidates get aware of no. of questions, question mode, marking scheme, time duration, language, and various other mandatory details.
CAT Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some tips & tricks which will be helpful for candidates while preparing for CAT:
- Make proper time table & strictly follow it.
- Study from good study material.
- Go through complete syllabus & exam pattern.
- Make short notes & revise it on regular basis.
- Take healthy & nutritious diet.
- Take proper 8 hours sleep.
- Keep yourself fit & calm. Do exercise yoga & meditation.
- Keep atleast last one week only for revision.
For any further assistance about CAT 2023/2024 Exam Pattern, you may leave your queries in the comment box given below.