Delhi CET 2020: Delhi Polytechnic, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
Delhi CET 2020 will be organized by department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi. It is a state level entrance exam which offers admission into diploma courses in the Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and various other fields. To get admission candidates have to qualify the entrance exam with minimum qualifying marks. Candidates successfully qualifying the entrance test will get admission into various government as well as private polytechnic institutions/colleges located in Delhi. In this article we have provided all the details related to Delhi CET 2020.
Delhi CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below all the details of Delhi CET 2020 Application:
- Delhi CET 2020 Application Form is expected to be released on the website in the third week of March 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Only one test can be applied by the candidates from the options. Separate application form has to be submitted by the applicants for each test.
- In case any mistake occurs in the application form, candidates can also make corrections in the form from the fourth week of April 2020.
- Last date to submit the filled in application form is till third week of April 2020.
- The complete application process will involve – Registration, Filling the Application Form, Uploading Images and Payment of Application Fee.
During application process, candidates have to pay application fee of Rs. 400 + Bank charges.
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode or by Bank Challan of Corporation Bank.
Delhi CET 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided complete tentative dates of Delhi CET 2020 for application release and submission, application correction, admit card release date, exam date, result declaration and counselling process.
|Starting of Application Form||3rd week of March 2020|
|Last date of Application fee submission||3rd week of March to 3rd week of April 2020|
|Last date of Application submission||3rd week of April 2020|
|Application correction window open||4th week of April 2020|
|Release of Admit card||3rd week of May 2020|
|Delhi CET 2020 Exam||Last week of May 2020|
|Announcement of Results||2nd week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling process||2nd week of June 2020|
Delhi CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria given below before filling the application form:
For Engineering & Technology based Diploma Courses
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed his/her 10th level examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed his/her 10th level exams with Mathematics, Science and English subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have attained minimum of 35% marks in his 10th level exams.
For Pharmacy Courses
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10th level examination or its equivalent from a Recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed his/her 10th level exams with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured at least of 45% marks in the qualifying subjects. For ST/SC candidates – 40%
For Modern Office Practice (English)
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have attained minimum of 45% marks (For ST/SC – 40%) in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in the 10+2 level must have passed with the best three subjects including English.
Delhi CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Go through the complete exam pattern of Delhi CET 2020 given below, before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: Delhi CET 2020 Exam will be conducted in Pen and paper mode.
- Number of Tests: There will 5 five types of tests for various courses separately. Only one of the tests has to be selected.
- Number and Type of Questions: The exam paper will contain total of 150 multiple choice questions. For Pharmacy programme, the exam paper will contain total of 210 MCQs.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme:-1 mark will deducted for every wrong answer. +4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
Delhi CET 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus for Delhi CET 2020 will be prescribed by the Board and will be provided on the website. The subjects included in various tests are discussed below:
Test I: In Test I, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and English from 9th and 10th level.
Test II: In Test II, Logical & analytical ability, Knowledge of current affairs and English comprehension and Grammar of 12th level.
Test III: In Test III, the syllabus will contain various topics from the Hindi comprehension including grammar, knowledge of current affairs, and logical & analytical ability.
Test IV: In Test IV, the syllabus will contain various topics from the Physics, Mathematics/Biology andChemistry subjects from 11thand 12th level.
Test V: In Test V, the syllabus will contain various topics from the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 10th, 11th and 12th level.
Delhi CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the given below preparation tips to score well and get qualified in the entrance test:
- Go through the complete exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus as prescribed by the Board.
- Solve sample papers or previous year’s papers to know the types of questions coming in the exam.
- Attempt various mock tests to analyze your preparation.
- Make short notes and discuss the topics with other students or teachers.
- Revise your prepared notes to memorize topics in easier way.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
Delhi CET 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card of Delhi CET 2020 is expected to be released in the in the third week of May 2020. Candidates who will correctly submit their application form and fee will be able to download the admit cards from the website. To download the admit card registered candidates have to enter their login credentials.
As admit card is a very necessary document, candidates have to carry it on the exam day.With the admit card, candidates have to carry their valid id proof for identity verification process. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination without showing these documents.
Delhi CET 2020 Result
Delhi CET 2020 Result will be released by the authority on the website in the second week of June 2020. On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, ranks will be allotted to the candidates. To check the result candidates have to enter application number and roll number.
After the announcement of results, the authority will prepare merit list. On the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, candidates will be shortlisted in the merit list. General Candidates must score minimum of 10% marks and ST/SC/PwD/OBC candidates must score 5% marks to participate in the admission process.
Delhi CET 2020 Counselling
The Counselling process of Delhi CET 2020 will start from the second week of June 2020 after the results announcement. Only those candidates will be called for the counseling process who will be shortlisted in the merit list successfully. The complete counselling schedule will be published on the website.
During the counselling process, document verification and seat allotment will be done. Candidates have to get their required documents or testimonials verified and pay the admission fee. Also students have to state course and college choice. Seats will be allotted to the candidates in various participating institutions.
If you have any query related to Delhi CET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.