IMU CET 2024: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates
IMU CET 2024 Application Form will be released in the second week of April 2024. Indian Maritime University is the conducting authority of the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET). It is a university-level entrance exam conducted once in a year by the authority. This exam provides the admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Those candidates who want to apply for the entrance exam can get admission in B.Tech., B.Sc., M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc., etc. courses. Qualified candidates in the IMU CET examination will be eligible for the admission procedure. Admission is offered any of the five campuses located in Cochin, Visakhapatnam, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai for qualified candidates.
In the article given below we have provided the complete details related to IMU CET 2024 exam such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, etc.
IMU CET 2024 Overview
|Name of the Exam
|IMU CET 2024
|Indian Maritime University
|Level of Exam
|Full-Form of IMU CET
|Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
|Frequency of exam
|Once a year
|Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses
|Mode of Application
IMU CET 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the following tentative IMU CET exam dates 2024:
For Various Courses (Except BBA):
|Dates 2024 (Tentative)
|2nd week of April 2024
|Last date to submit the forms
|3rd week of May 2024
|4th week of May 2024
|IMU CET 2024
|2nd week of June 2024
|4th week of June 2024
For BBA Course:
|Dates 2024 (Tentative)
|2nd week of April 2024
|Last date of online submission of forms
|3rd week of June 2024
|Release of 1st list of selected candidates
|4th week of June 2024
|Last date for online payment of course fee for candidates selected in 1st list
|1st week of July 2024
|Release of 2nd list of selected candidates
|2nd week of July 2024
|Last date for online payment of course fee for candidates selected in 2nd list
|3rd week of July 2024
|Admission declaration on first come first serve basis
|4th week of July 2024
|Opening & closing of registration portal for FCFS
|Certificate verification for admitted students at IMU campuses
|Date of commencement of programmes
IMU CET 2024 Application Form
We are providing the complete information related to IMU CET 2024 Application Form below:
- The IMU CET 2024 application form will be released from the second week of April 2024.
- The registration form will be made available through online mode. Any other offline facility will not be provided.
- Candidates will need to fill the details like personal, educational, choice of courses etc. in the form.
- After filling the details, upload the scanned images of signature, photograph, class 10th mark sheet, and other documents.
- The deadline to submit the application form will be in the third week of May 2024.
- After completing all the steps, candidates must take a hardcopy of the form for further usage.
- Candidates will have to submit the application fee through online mode only.
- The online payment gateways will be debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- The application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
Here we have provided the complete table of application fee below:
|For all UG/ PG
How to Apply for IMU CET 2024
Following are the complete steps to fill the IMU CET 2024 application form:
- Step-1: Visit the website of IMU CET (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: On the homepage, click on the “Registration” link.
- Step-3: The process of registration will consist of two steps i.e. basic registration & detailed registration.
- Step-4: Fill all the asked details in the form like personal, education, communication details.
- Step-5: Upload the required documents as per the given specifications.
- Step-6: Submit the application fee through online mode.
- Step-7: Preview the details in the form and submit it.
- Step-8: Take a hardcopy of the application form and keep it safe for further procedures.
IMU CET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can go through the complete details regarding the IMU CET 2024 eligibility criteria:
|For B.Tech. Course
|For MBA Course
|For B.Sc. Course
IMU CET 2024 Exam Pattern
Check out the complete IMU CET 2024 Exam Pattern details for the examination:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conduconline (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Duration: Total 3 hours will be given to solve the paper.
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: Total 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be given.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect response.
IMU CET 2024 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2024 syllabus will be different for each program. The UG courses will comprise of questions from class 11th and 12th academic and for PG courses, the questions will be asked from the relevant UG level courses.
Following is the important topics of IMU CET 2024 syllabus:
- General Aptitude and Reasoning: Algebra, Numerical computation, Abstract reasoning, Critical reasoning, Time and Distance, Ratio, Mixture and allegation, Heights and distance, Word groups, Pipes and cistern, Clocks and Calendar, Boats and Streams, Structural analysis
- English: Parts of speech, Synonyms and Antonyms, Tense, Idioms, and Phrases, Comprehension passage
- General Knowledge: Basic GK, Current Affairs
- Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics: Questions from the class 12th class.
MBA CET and M.Sc. Syllabus:
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
IMU CET 2024 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the IMU CET preparation tips to score better in the exam:
- Go through the complete exam pattern to prepare accordingly.
- First step is to check out the complete syllabus of the exam.
- Make a proper and balanced schedule to study for the exam.
- Try to solve as much as the last years’ of questions paper to understand the questions.
- Take care of your health and stay hydrated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
IMU CET 2024 Admit Card
The IMU CET admit card 2024 will be released in the fourth week of May 2024 by the authority. it will be made available through online mode only. It will consist of details like personal details, exam date, time, reporting time, exam name and other exam date instructions.
Candidates will have to enter their login credentials like User ID and password to download the hall ticket. The admit card will be the most important document to carry at the exam center for verification.
IMU CET 2024 Result
The authority will publish the IMU CET result 2024 through online mode on the website. The IMU CET Result will be released in the fourth week of June 2024. Appeared candidates in the entrance examination will only be able to access their result.
The result will consist of the details like rank of the candidate, application number, candidates name, parents name, and gender category. The automated e-mails, SMS will be sent by the IMU university at various stages of the admission procedure to the candidates.
IMU CET 2024 Cut Off
After the declaration of the result, the IMU CET 2024 cut off will be released through online mode. There will be various factors determine the qualifying scores set by the examination board. The main factor will be the number of seats available and the number of candidates appeared for the exam.
It will be released for the candidates to achieve the qualifying score and participate in the further counselling procedure. Those candidates who will score equal or more than the IMU CET cut-off marks will be eligible for the admission procedure.
IMU CET 2024 Counselling
The IMU CET 2024 counselling procedure will be organised for those candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying cut off marks in the entrance exam. The authority will organise the counselling process from the month of July 2024.
At the time of IMU CET counselling procedure, candidates will have to register and fill options according to the preferences. On the basis of the candidates rank, preferences and the available seats admission will be assigned to the candidates. After the allotment of the seats, candidates will have to report to the allotted centre with all the required documents.
In case of any other query related to IMU CET 2024 exam, feel free to ask by leaving queries below in the comment section.