JEE Advanced 2024: Exam Date, Application, Syllabus, Pattern
JEE Advanced 2024 Application Form will be released in the fourth week of April 2024. It is a national level examination conducted by one of the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) – IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, and IIT Roorkee in rotational shifts every year. This year, the JEE Advanced 2024 entrance exam may be conducted by IIT, Guwahati. Under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB), the exam is conducted by the seven Zonal Coordinating IITs. Only those candidates who qualified the JEE Main exam can appear for JEE Advanced. Applicants will be offered admission in Bachelor’s Integrated Master or Bachelor’s Master’s dual degree courses. Qualified candidates in the exam will offer admission in Engineering and Architecture courses. This exam will be conducted in a center-based online mode only.
In the article given below we have provided the complete details related to JEE Advanced 2024 exam such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
JEE Advanced 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Either of the seven zonal IITs Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Kanpur, Roorkee|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|No. of Papers||2 (PCM in both papers )|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (Each paper)|
|Available Seats||16,000 Seats (approx.)|
|Courses Offered||Bachelors – B.Tech, BS, B.Arch Dual Degree – B.Tech, M.Tech, BS, MS Integrated Masters – M.Tech, M.Sc|
JEE Advanced 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the given JEE Advanced exam dates below:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|JEE Advanced Registration 2024||4th week of April 2024|
|Application last date||1st week of May 2024|
|Last date for Payment of the application fee||1st week of May 2024|
|Admit card||4th week of May 2024|
|JEE Advanced 2024 exam date||1st week of June 2024|
|Candidates response sheet||2nd week of June 2024|
|Provisional Answer Key release||2nd week of June 2024|
|Last date to challenge answer key||June 2024|
|Final Answer Key/ JEE Advanced Result||3rd week of June 2024|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) registrations||June 2024|
|AAT 2024 Exam||4th week of June 2024|
|AAT Result||July 2024|
JEE Advanced 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check out the given details related to JEE Advanced 2024 application form:
- Candidates will have to fill the application form through online mode on the website.
- The JEE Advanced 2024 registration will be started from the last week of April 2024.
- Candidates are advised to fulfil the eligibility criteria first before proceeding to fill the application form.
- At the time of filling the form, candidates will be required to fill personal, academic and communication details correctly.
- The deadline to fill out the application form will be till the first week of May 2024.
- Candidates must enter the valid details like email ID and phone number as all the important information will be sent to it.
- After completing the registration procedure, candidates will have to upload the relevant documents as per the given specification.
- The correction facility may also be provided by the authority to the registered candidates for rectification in the form.
- While filling the form, candidates will have to choose the exam center as per their choice.
- After completing all the details in the form, pay the online application fee and submit the form.
- At last, candidates must take a hardcopy of the confirmation page for further usage.
Required Documents at the time of registration:
- 12th or equivalent certificate
- Category Certificate
- PWD certificate
- Date of Birth (DOB Proof)
- PIO/OCI Certificate, etc.
|Indian Nationals||Female Candidates (all categories)||Rs. 1450/-|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||Rs. 1450/-|
|All other Candidates||Rs. 2900/-|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||The US $ 90|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||The US $ 180|
How to Fill JEE Advanced 2024 Application
- Visit the website of JEE Advanced (Link will be given above).
- Register yourself by providing the asked details like valid mobile number and mail ID.
- Now login using allotted details and start filling the form.
- Enter the details like personal, communication, qualification, etc in the application form.
- After filling the form, upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, thumb impression, etc in specified format and size.
- Pay the application fee using the provided payment online gateways.
- Submit the application form after verifying all the filled details.
- Print the application form last page and payment receipt for further usage.
JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must fulfil the JEE Advanced eligibility criteria 2024 provided below:
- Nationality: All the candidates of Indian National including OCI/PIO will be able to apply for the exam. Foreign candidates will also be able to apply under 10% the supernumerary seat quota.
- Academic Qualification: The passed candidates in class 12th level examination or its equivalent for the first time in the year of 2023 and 2024 will be eligible.
- Subject: In class 12th level, candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as a mandatory subjects.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates will be allowed to give JEE Advanced exam only two times in two consecutive years.
- Minimum Percentage: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must score 75% aggregate marks in class 12th or equivalent exam and at least 65% aggregate marks for SC, ST and PWD category candidates.
- Age Limit: In case of General and OBC categories, candidates must have been born on or after October 1st, 1998. Five year of relaxation in age limit will be provided to the SC/ST/PWD category candidates, they must have been born on or after October 1st, 1993.
- JEE Main Performance: To be eligible for JEE Advanced 2024, candidates must be among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main qualified candidates.
JEE Advanced 2024 Exam Pattern
The complete information related to JEE Advanced exam pattern 2024 will be provided below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (Computer-based test) mode.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Number of Papers: There will be 2 Papers – 1 & 2 (Both Compulsory).
- Duration: Total 3 hours will be given to solve the exam (4 hours for PWD category candidates).
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) will be asked in the exam with single correct options.
- Language: The exam will be available in Hindi and English both the languages.
- Marking Scheme: The marks for each section will vary for each correct answer as per the marking patter. While the negative marking will be done for some of the particular questions with wrong response.
In the table given below we have provided the paper 1 & 2 questions and marks distribution:
|Subjects||No of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Marking (Per questions)||Negative marking|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
JEE Advanced 2024 Syllabus
The JEE Advanced subject-wise syllabus 2024 is provided below:
|Chemistry||Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, solid-state, solutions, surface chemistry, transition elements, ores, and minerals, extractive metallurgy, preparation, properties, and reactions of alkanes.|
|Physics||Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and magnetism, optics, modern physics, etc.|
|Mathematics||Algebra, matrices, probability, trigonometry, analytical geometry, differential calculus, integral calculus, vectors, etc.|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||Freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, 3-D perception, Imagination, aesthetic sensitivity, Architectural awareness, etc.|
JEE Advanced 2024 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the given preparation tips for to score higher in the exam:
- Make a proper timetable and divide the time equally for all subjects.
- Go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus for the exam.
- Try to take help from the best books and study material available on the internet.
- Practice the previous years of question paper as much as you can.
- Prepare every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
JEE Advanced 2024 Admit Card
The JEE Advanced admit card 2024 will be released in the last week of May 2024. The authority will release the admit card through online mode only. Details like exam date, exam time, centre address, candidate’s name, date of birth, category, roll number, etc will be provided in the admit card.
Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy of the admit card for the day of exam. It will be mandatory to carry their admit card to the allotted exam center along with a Government approved photo ID proof.
JEE Advanced 2024 Answer Key
The authority will release the JEE Advanced answer key 2024 for both paper 1 and II on the website. It will be released in the second week of June 2024. Candidates will be able to access the answer key through online mode.
Firstly, the authority will release the provisional answer key. Candidates will also be able to raise objections against the provisional answer key in case of any discrepancy found in the answer key. The final answer key will be released by the authority after resolving all the raised objections.
JEE Advanced 2024 Result
The JEE Advanced result 2024 will be released in third week of June 2024 by the authority. It will be declared through online mode only. To check the result, candidates will have to enter their roll number, date of birth, and phone number in the online portal.
Those candidates who qualify the exam will receive a message on the registered mobile number. The rank secured by the candidates in the JEE Advanced 2024 exam will be the basis of admission to IITs.
JEE Advanced 2024 Cut Off
The JEE Advanced cut off 2024 will be the minimum score required to qualify for the entrance exam. The exam conducting authority will release the cut-off on the website after the declaration of the result.
For different category candidates, the separate cut-off will be released through online mode. On the basis of the JEE Advanced 2024 cut off, the counselling procedure will be organized.
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2024 Counselling
Those candidates who qualifies the JEE Advanced 2024 exam will be eligible to participate in the further counselling procedure. The JEE Advanced counselling procedure will be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
To enroll in the JEE Advanced counselling procedure, candidates will have to complete the JoSAA registration and choose the colleges and course as per their JEE Advanced ranks. This procedure will be conducted in several rounds on the basis of the availability of seats. We are providing the list of documents below to be carried out during the counselling rounds:
Required Documents for JEE Advanced 2024 Counselling:
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Admit card of JEE Advanced 2024
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identity Card
- Class 12th/ SSC/ Equivalent exam mark sheet and certificate of passing
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Two passport size photograph
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report, etc.
Participating Institutes of JEE Advanced 2024
Following will be the participating institutes of JEE Advanced 2024:
- Chadalawada Ramanamma Engineering College, Tirupati
- Delhi College of Technology and Management, Palwal
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy Visakhapatnam
- IIST, Thiruvananthapuram
- IIT BHU, Varanasi
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Ghandinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Tirupati
In case of any query related to JEE Advanced 2024 exam, feel free to ask your queries below in the comment section.