JEEP 2018: UK Polytechnic Entrance Exam, Application Form, Exam Date
Uttarakhand Polytechnic (JEEP 2018) is a state level examination, which is regulated by the Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education Roorkee (UBTER). JEEP exam is also referred as Joint Engineering Examination Polytechnic or UK Polytechnic. This exam is conducted for providing admission to students in various engineering or non-engineering polytechnic courses. Students seeking for admission in various polytechnic institutions of Uttarakhand state can appear for this examination. Through this article, candidates can check details about Uttarakhand Polytechnic (JEEP) 2018 exam, including application form, important dates, exam pattern, etc.
JEEP Exam Date 2018
Here we are providing the tentative dates of UK Polytechnic 2018 exam:
|Application form announced||3rd week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of March 2018|
|Admit card release||3rd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2018|
Uttarakhand Polytechnic Application Form 2018
- Students can get the JEEP Application Form 2018 only through offline mode.
- The application forms will be available at various polytechnic institutions of Uttarakhand state.
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form carefully.
- Paste the photograph and other required documents in the application form.
- After filling the application form, candidates have to submit it along with required documents to the address given below:
Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education,
Sunhara Road, Kashopur, Roorkee-247667
- The application fee will be Rs. 800/- for general and Rs. 500/- for SC & ST categories.
- The fee payment can be done while obtaining the application form.
Here we have provided the eligibility criteria for JEEP examination 2018:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified the 10th /10+2 or equivalent exam (as applicable) from any recognized board.
- Percentage Criteria: Students should have obtained minimum 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Domicile: Candidates should belong to Uttarakhand or must have studied from this state.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit is prescribed to apply.
JEEP Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen and paper based mode.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours.
- Answer Mode: Candidates have to use blue or black ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Subjects: The subjects will vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- Marking Scheme: Five marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Engineering or Technology Exam Pattern:
|Science (Physics & Chemistry)||50 %|
Diploma in Engineering (LE) Exam Pattern:
|General Engineering (Electronics, Mechanical, etc)||15 %|
Uttarakhand Polytechnic Syllabus
The syllabus will be different as per the courses opted by the students. The syllabus will be of 10th and 12th class standard (as applicable). The syllabus for engineering & technology will contain topics from Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects. The syllabus of diploma in pharmacy will comprises of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics. The PG Diploma in Computer Application syllabus will have topics from Numerical Ability, General Intelligence, English Comprehension, General Awareness and Reasoning.
Here we are providing the seat reservation criteria for various categories for admission in various polytechnic institutions:
|Scheduled Tribe||4 %|
|Scheduled Caste||19 %|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||14 %|
|Freedom Fighter||2 %|
|Ex-army man/disabled/Dependents candidates||3 %|
|NCC Candidate||3 %|
|Physical Handicapped||5 %|
JEEP Preparation Tips
- Firstly, prepare a time-table according to the syllabus prescribed for the exam.
- Divide your time equally for all the topics and include short break between the long hours of studies.
- Gather the complete information about the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare from the good books and study materials for the JEEP examination.
- Consider the previous year question paper and sample paper to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Prepare notes on difficult topics and discuss them with your tutors, teachers and class mates.
- Take care of your health, avoid junk foods and take nutritious diet.
- Do exercise and yoga, it will keep you and your mind healthy.
JEEP Admit Card 2018
The authority shall provide the Uttarakhand Polytechnic Admit Card 2018 through online and offline mode. The admit card will also be sent by post at the candidate’s address mentioned at the time of registration. In online mode, candidates can download the admit card through the website. Candidates have to enter their application number and other required details to download the admit card. Without producing the valid admit card, candidates are not allowed to write the examination.
Uttarakhand Polytechnic Result
Candidates who have successfully appeared for the examination can check the JEEP Result 2018 through online mode. By entering candidate’s roll number & other details, they can view their results. A merit list will be prepared according to the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates should take printouts of the result and preserve it till the admission process gets over.
Uttarakhand Polytechnic (JEEP) Counselling 2018
JEEP Counselling 2018 will be organized through online process. Students will be shortlisted for counselling process according to their obtained rank. There will be no individual counselling call letter will be sent to the candidates. The counselling process will be organized in various rounds. Candidates have to fill, lock and submit their choices of colleges and courses through online mode. After the seat allotment procedure, candidates are needed to appear at the college to confirm their admission.
Documents Needed for the Counselling/Admission:
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic 2018 admit card & rank card.
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate (if applicable).
- Category certificate (if required).
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
If you have any other queries about Uttarakhand Polytechnic (JEEP 2018), you can leave your queries below.