KCET 2018: Counselling, Cut-off, Admission Process
KCET 2018 Allotment Result for 2nd extended round has been released. KCET 2018 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. This exam is also called as Karnataka CET (K CET/Kar CET). Karnataka CET is managed by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) under the aegis of Karnataka University. KCET 2018 is the gateway for admission in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy, etc. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various institutions/colleges situated in Karnataka state. KCET 2018 Seat Matrix has been released now. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about KCET 2018 including exam dates, answer key, result, counselling, etc.
KCET 2018 Notifications
KCET 2019 Application Form has been started. Check here for KCET 2019 details.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment Result for 2nd extended round has been released on 11th August 2018. Check here for allotment result details.
KCET 2018 Allotment Order for 2nd extended round has been released. The fee payment is also started from 12th August 2018. Check here for counselling details.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
KCET 2018 Rank List for Architecture course has been released now. Click here to view rank list.
KCET 2018 Option Entry for 2nd extended round has been extended till 10th August 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Counselling for 2nd round (Extended) has been started from 4th August 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment for 2nd round has been released on 29th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Counselling (modify, re-order or delete options) for 2nd round has been started from 25th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Seat Allotment Result for 1st round has been declared. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Mock Allotment Result has been declared on 18th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Option Entry has been started from 11th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Seat Matrix for engineering, architecture & agriculture courses has been released now. Check here for seat matrix details.
KCET 2018 option entry & seat allotment procedure booklet has been released. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Additional Rank has been released. Check here for rank details.
KCET 2018 Document Verification has been extended till 27th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
Guidelines for KCET 2018 Document Verification process has been released. Check here for counselling details.
KCET 2018 Result has been declared on 1st June 2018. Check here for result details.
KCET 2018 Final Answer Keys have been released on 2nd June 2018. Check here for answer key details.
Candidates can enter their Board Marks in the KCET 2018 Application Form now. Click here to enter marks.
Candidates who have not registered to KEA can register on the basis of NATA/JEE Main Paper 2 scores from 11th to 13th June 2018. Click here to register.
KCET 2018 Official Answer Key has been released now. Check here for answer key details.
Candidates can edit some particular details in their KCET 2018 Application Form for UG courses till 25th May 2018. Click here to edit application.
KCET 2018 Document Verification process for Agriculturist Quota can be done from 18th – 23rd May 2018.Check here for counselling details.
Candidates can edit their KCET 2018 Application Form between 23rd April to 5th May 2018 (6:00 PM). Check here for application details.
KCET 2018 Admit Card has been released on 6th April 2018. Check here for admit card details.
Click here to view KCET 2018 Information Brochure.
Click here to view KCET 2018 Application Notification.
From the year 2018, admission in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses will be done through NEET 2018 exam. Click here to view Notice.
KCET 2018 Application Correction can be done from 27th to 31st March 2018.Check here for application correction details.
KCET 2018 Application Form Last Date has been extended till 22nd March 2018. Check here for application details.
NOTE: The courses displayed in the notification/e-brochure such as B.Sc. (Agri. Bio.Tech) & B.H,Sc. (Home Science & Tech) to be considered/read as B.Tech (Biotechnology) & B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science respectively.
KCET 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. Examination will be conducted on 18th April (Biology & Mathematics) and 19th April (Physics & Chemistry). Click here to view Notice.
KCET Exam Date 2018
Here we are providing the official KCET exam dates:
|Starting of online Application||1st February 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||22nd March 2018 (5:30 PM)|
|Fee Payment Last Date||22nd March 2018|
|Application correction||27th – 31st March 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||6th April 2018|
|Date of Exam||18th April (Biology & Mathematics) & 19th April (Physics & Chemistry)|
|Kannada Language Test||20th April 2018|
|Answer key release||23rd April 2018|
|Last date to submit objection regarding answer key||30th April 2018|
|Application editing window||23rd April – 5th May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st June 2018|
|Final answer key release||2nd June 2018|
|Document Verification||12th – 27th June 2018|
|Option entry||11th – 15th July 2018|
|2nd counselling starts||25th July 2018|
|2nd counselling (extended) starts||4th August 2018|
KCET Counselling 2018
- The KCET Counseling has been started from 12th June 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for the counselling process on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination.
- Candidates’ documents is verified at the time of counselling in the prescribed counselling centre. So, candidates have to report personally in the counselling.
- The allotment of seats will take place as per the marks scored in the entrance examination, seat availability & filled choices.
- Candidate can participate in other counselling rounds, if he/she can not satisfy with the seat allotment.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- 10th & 12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- KCET 2018 Admit Card
- KCET 2018 score card
- Two latest passport size photographs
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Printcopy of the filled Application Form
Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a state level examination organized by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). KCET 2019 exam will be conducted to offer admission in first year of engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses. The examination will be organized in the month of April 2019.
KCET 2018 Answer Key
The answer key has been released within a week after the examination. KCET answer key has been published through online mode on 23rd April 2018. The answer key has been released for all sets. It is released as provisional and final wise. It contain all the answers of the question asked in the examination. The final answer key has been released on 2nd June 2018.
KCET Results 2018
- The result has been announced by the conducting authority on 1st June 2018.
- Candidates can check their KCET 2018 results through online mode.
- Candidates have to enter their registration number to check their results.
- Keep a print copy of the result & safe it till the admission procedure not over.
- The authority will also release the KCET cut-off after the result declaration.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Question)
KCET Application Form 2018
KEA has been released the KCET 2018 application form from 1st February 2018. Candidates can check here all details of filling the application form:
- The KCET online application form has been released only through online mode.
- No other mode is applicable to get the application form.
- Candidates can fill the KCET 2018 application form till 22nd March 2018.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, left hand thumb impression and signature.
- The size of the photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression should be greater than 5 KB and less than 40 KB. The dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (Photograph), 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm (Signature & left hand thumb impression).
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- The authority has provided the application correction facility via online mode.
- Take the printout of the filled application form for future use.
- Candidates can make payment only through offline mode (through the specified bank Challan).
- The application fee is Rs. 650/- for General & OBC category candidates.
- Candidates, those belong to SC/ST category has to pay Rs. 500 as an application fee.
- Rs.750/- in case of candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs.5,000/- in case of candidates residing outside India.
Check Here – How to Fill KCET 2018 Application Form
The KCET eligibility criteria are different for the courses of Engineering/Architecture and Pharmacy/Science. Candidates can check their eligibility for appearing in the KCET exam:
For Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify the 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass their examination with Mathematics & Physics as a main subject & English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score at least 45% marks (40% marks in SC/ST category) in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, i.e. Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Chemistry/Computer science.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
For B.Pharma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent with PCB/PCM and English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST Category) in PCB group.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
KCET Admit Card 2018
- Candidates can get their admit card through online mode from our website.
- KCET 2018 Admit Card has been released from 6th April 2018.
- The admit card contain details such as name of candidate, roll number, address of the exam center, date of exam & time, etc.
- Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed in the examination hall.
KCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CET is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (pen & paper based).
- Types of Question: Question paper will be Multiple Choice Type Question.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 question will be asked from each section.
- Time Duration: The total time duration is 320 minutes for the whole exam. Each section will be given 80 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Time Allotted (in Minutes)|
|Kannada (in case)||50||80|
The KCET 2018 Syllabus will comprise of the syllabus of PUC 1st and 2nd prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. The syllabus for Pharmacy will consist of mainly three subjects, i.e. Biology, Physics and Chemistry. For engineering courses, candidates have to go through the subjects such as Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Here we are providing some KCET 2018 preparation tips:
- Plan a proper schedule & make a time table such that to give a equal time for each subjects.
- Prepare from previous years question paper & unsolved sample papers.
- Stay healthy & take a nutritious and balanced diet. Avoid junk & oily foods.
- Understand & know the complete exam pattern & syllabus. Concentrate on the basic concept & try to cover the complete syllabus.
- Make a note of all the important topics & points.
- Balance your strengths & weaknesses & prepare topics and chapters according to this.
If you have any queries related to KCET 2018, you can leave your comments below.