KEAM 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
KEAM 2023 (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical entrance examination) will be conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). The candidates will get admission based on the KEAM entrance exam. This exam will provide admission to various colleges/universities in the state of Kerala. The entrance exam is conducted to provides admission into various UG courses such as Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/ Medical and allied sciences. The admission for medical courses and architecture will be based on NEET and NATA scores respectively. In this article, we have provided details regarding the KEAM 2023 entrance examination such as the application form, eligibility criteria etc.
KEAM 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)|
|Conducting body||Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE)|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Paper-based test)|
|Category||Professional Degree courses|
KEAM 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the tentative exam dates regarding KEAM 2023 entrance exam:
|Online registration begins||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to register||2nd week of May 2023|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of June 2023|
|Entrance exam date||4th week of June 2023|
|Final answer key release date||July 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of July 2023|
|Rank card release||2nd week of August 2023|
|Counselling process begins||September 2023|
KEAM 2023 Application Form
Check the details regarding the KEAM 2023 Application form given below:
- The KEAM Application Form will be released through online mode.
- The application form of KEAM 2023 will be released from first week of April 2023.
- Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for the examination.
- Candidates need to enter the required details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, etc. in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The correction facility in the Application form will also be provided from May 2023.
- The last date to submit application form will be fourth week of April 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee will be submitted through online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or E-challan.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
The application fee for the KEAM 2023 is as follows:
|Courses||General candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
|Architecture/ Medical & Allied/ Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-||Nil|
|Engineering/ B.Pharm/ Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-||Nil|
|All of the above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-||Nil|
How to Apply for KEAM 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of KEAM 2023 (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Click on “Registration” link. A declaration page will be opened.
- Step-3: Enter the details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, etc. for registration.
- Step-4: Candidates have to fill details like gender, nationality, personal details, educational details etc.
- Step-5: After filling the form candidate have to click “Save and Preview”.
- Step-6: Pay the application fee through online payment or e-challan.
- Step-7: Upload the photograph of the candidate and signature.
- Step-8: Print the application form for future reference.
KEAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th from Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or equivalent.
- Age Criteria: The candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years on or before 31st December 2023. There will be no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture, and B.Pharm Courses.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology.
For Architecture Course:
- Qualification: Candidate must pass 12th level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- The candidates with 10+3 diploma in any stream with Mathematics as compulsory subject will also be eligible to apply for exam.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum 50% aggregate marks in each subject.
- Score: A valid NATA score card will also be required.
KEAM 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the KEAM 2023 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode only.
- Sections: The paper will be divided into two parts Paper-1 Physics & Chemistry and Paper-2 Mathematics.
- Duration: The exam duration of the exam for each paper will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Type of Question: The exam will be of Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total 120 questions in each paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer 4 marks will be given and for every incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||120||480|
KEAM 2023 Syllabus
The KEAM syllabus will be based on the curriculum of 11th and 12th class. The following topics will be covered in the KEAM syllabus:
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Geometry, and Calculus.
Physics: Units and Measurements, Gravitation, Motion in One Dimension, Motion In Two & Three Dimensions, Laws Of Motion, Waves, Mechanics Of Solids & Fluids, Dual Nature Of Matter, And Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Electromagnetic Induction, And Alternating Current, etc.
Chemistry: Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure, States Of Matter, Periodic Properties Of Elements And Hydrogen, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, etc.
KEAM 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are the preparation tips for better preparation for KEAM 2023 examination:
- Make a prepare timetable for the study.
- Make a timetable in such a way that you can give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as they will give you an idea about the type of questions asked.
- Take a break in between to maintain concentration.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
KEAM 2023 Admit Card
The KEAM 2023 Admit Card will be released from second week of June 2023 through online mode. The registered candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering the login details.
KEAM Admit card will be the most important document to carry on the day of the examination. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates need to take the printout of the admit card.
KEAM 2023 Answer Key
The KEAM Answer Key will be released by the authority through online mode. The answer key will be available in the month of July 2023. The Answer key will consist of the correct answers to every asked question in the entrance examination.
The KEAM Answer key will be available in the PDF format. If candidate is not satisfied with the answer then they can raise the objection by paying processing charge. The final answer key will be released after every candidate has clear their objection.
KEAM 2023 Result
The KEAM Result as well as Merit list of the exam will release on the website of CEE. KEAM result will be released from fourth week of July 2023 through online mode. Result will be prepared by the authority on the basis of the final answer key.
Candidates need to enter the login details to check the result. After entering the details on the website, the result will be displayed on the screen. The candidate needs to take the printout of the KEAM result for the further counselling procedure.
KEAM 2023 Counselling
The KEAM counselling or centralized allotment process will be processed through single window system (SWS). The counselling will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates by the authority through online mode. Candidates will be able to register themselves for the counselling procedure from September 2023.
The candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges at the time of counselling. The candidates have to get their documents verified during the centralized allotment process. The allotment of seats will be done strictly on the basis of merit list.
If you have any query related to KEAM 2023, then you can ask your query in comment section below.