KEAM 2023: Spot Admission (10th Sep), Allotment (Out), Cut Off
KEAM 2023 Spot Admission Schedule has been announced for Engineering. Option Confirmation (Phase 3) is open for MBBS/ BDS courses. KEAM (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical entrance examination) is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). This exam provides admission into various colleges/ universities in the state of Kerala. KEAM is conducted to provide admission into various UG courses such as Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/ Medical and allied sciences. The admission for medical courses and architecture will be based on NEET and NATA scores respectively. In this article, we have provided details regarding the KEAM 2023 entrance examination such as the application form, eligibility criteria etc.
KEAM 2023 Notifications – Spot Admission On 10th Sep
KEAM 2023 Spot Admission Schedule has been announced for Engineering/ Architecture. It will be held on 10th September 2023 (offline) at GEC Thrissur. Check here for counselling details.
KEAM 2023 Option Confirmation (Phase 3) is open for MBBS/ BDS courses. Check here for counselling details.
KEAM 2024 Exam will be conducted in the month of June 2024. Check more details about KEAM 2024 here.
Admission Open 2023
KEAM 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)|
|Conducting body||Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE)|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Paper-based test)|
|Category||Professional Degree courses|
KEAM 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the official KEAM exam dates 2023:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Online registration begins||17th March 2023|
|Last date to register with fee payment||10th April 2023|
|Facility to add new courses||10th to 12th April 2023|
|Last date to submit online supporting documents||20th April 2023|
|Admit card availability||4th May 2023|
|Entrance exam date||17th May 2023|
Physics & Chemistry (Paper 1) – 10 am to 12.30 pm
Mathematics (Paper 2) – 2.30 pm to 5 pm
|Final answer key release date||18th May 2023|
|Result declaration||31st May 2023|
|Rank list releases||19th June 2023|
|Counselling process begins||20th July 2023|
KEAM 2023 Counselling
The KEAM counselling or centralised allotment process has been processed through single window system (SWS). The counselling is being conducted for the shortlisted candidates by the authority through online mode. Candidates can register themselves for the KEAM counselling procedure from 20th July 2023.
The candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges at the time of counselling. The candidates have to get their documents verified during the centralized allotment process. The allotment of seats will be done strictly on the basis of merit list.
KEAM 2023 Cut Off
Students will be able to check KEAM Cut Off 2023 from the website online after result declaration. The cut off marks will be prepared depending upon various factors such as number of students appeared, number of students qualified, seats availability and difficulty level of paper.
A merit list is prepared afterwards based on cut off and students will get admission on the basis of the merit/ rank list. The cut off marks will be 50% for general candidates and 40% for SEBC/ ST/ SC candidates.
KEAM 2023 Result
The KEAM Result as well as rank list of the exam has been released online on the website of CEE. KEAM result has been released on 31st May 2023 for Engineering. Result has been prepared by the authority on the basis of the final answer key. For medical & allied and ayurveda rank list will be available on or before 20th July 2023.
Candidates need to enter the login details to check the KEAM result. After entering the details on the website, the result has been displayed on the screen. The candidate needs to take the printout of the KEAM result for the further counselling procedure.
KEAM 2023 Answer Key
The KEAM Answer Key has been released by the authority through online mode. The answer key is available on 18th May 2023. The Answer key consist of the correct answers to every asked question in the entrance examination.
The KEAM Answer key is available in the PDF format. If candidate is not satisfied with the answer then they can raise the objection by paying processing charge. The final answer key is released after every candidate has clear their objection.
KEAM 2023 Admit Card
The KEAM 2023 Admit Card has been released from 4th May 2023 through online mode. The registered candidates can download the admit card by entering the login details.
KEAM Admit card is the most important documents to carry on the day of the examination. Candidates without admit card are not allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates need to take the printout of the admit card.
KEAM 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the KEAM 2023 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (OMR based).
- Sections: The paper is divided into two parts Paper-1 Physics & Chemistry and Paper-2 Mathematics.
- Duration: The exam duration of the exam for each paper will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Type of Question: The exam will be Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total 120 questions in Engineering paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer in Engineering exam, 4 marks will be given and for every incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||120||480|
KEAM 2023 Syllabus
The KEAM syllabus is based on the curriculum of 11th and 12th class. The following topics are covered in the KEAM syllabus:
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Geometry, and Calculus.
Physics: Units and Measurements, Gravitation, Motion in One Dimension, Motion In Two & Three Dimensions, Laws Of Motion, Waves, Mechanics Of Solids & Fluids, Dual Nature Of Matter, And Radiations, Atomic Nucleus, Electromagnetic Induction, And Alternating Current, etc.
Chemistry: Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure, States Of Matter, Periodic Properties Of Elements And Hydrogen, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, etc.
KEAM 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are the preparation tips for better preparation for KEAM 2023 examination:
- Make a prepare timetable for the study.
- Make a timetable in such a way that you can give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as they will give you an idea about the type of questions asked.
- Take a break in between to maintain concentration.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
KEAM 2023 Application Form
Check the details regarding the KEAM 2023 Application form given below:
- The KEAM Application Form has been released through online mode.
- The application form of KEAM 2023 has been released from 17th March 2023.
- Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for the examination.
- Candidates need to enter the required details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, etc. in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The correction facility in the Application form has also been provided from 24th April 2023.
- The last date to submit application form will till 10th April 2023.
- Last date of online submission of supporting documents is 20th April 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee can be submitted through online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the online application fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Offline payment can be done by E-challan at designated Post offices in Kerala in cash.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
The application fee for the KEAM 2023 is as follows:
|Courses||General candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
|Architecture/ Medical & Allied or Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-||Nil|
|Engineering/ B.Pharm or Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-||Nil|
|All of the above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-||Nil|
How to Apply for KEAM 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of KEAM 2023 (Link is given above).
- Step-2: Click on “Registration” link. A declaration page will be opened.
- Step-3: Enter the details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, etc. for registration.
- Step-4: Candidates have to fill details like gender, nationality, personal details, educational details etc.
- Step-5: After filling the form candidate have to click “Save and Preview”.
- Step-6: Pay the application fee through online payment or e-challan.
- Step-7: Upload the photograph of the candidate and signature.
- Step-8: Print the application form for future reference.
KEAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must satisfy the following KEAM eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens. PIO/ OCI cardholder can apply but their admission will be subject orders issued by Govt.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th from Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or equivalent.
- Age Criteria: The candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years on or before 31st December 2023. There will be no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture, and B.Pharm Courses.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum 45% marks (40% for ST/ SC/ SEBC /PD quota) put together in qualifying subjects in Engineering. 50% marks for other courses.
For Architecture Course:
- Qualification: Candidate must pass 12th level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- The candidates with 10+3 diploma in any stream with Mathematics as compulsory subject will also be eligible to apply for exam.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum 50% aggregate marks in each subject.
- Score: A valid NATA score card will also be required. Students must get qualified in NATA on or before 30th June 2023.
If you have any query related to KEAM 2023, then you can ask your query in comment section below.