MAT 2018: Registration, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2018) is the prestigious management entrance exam which acts as a gateway for admission to MBA/PGDM courses. It is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT scores are considered by more than 600 B-Schools across India. It is the entrance test of national level conducted four times in a year. Candidates wish to pursue MBA course can apply anytime for MAT. Every year, the first MAT exam will be held in the month of February then in the month of May, September and December respectively. Interested candidates can go through this article for getting overall information about MAT 2018.
MAT 2018 Exam Date
MAT is held 4 times in a period of one year. Here, we are mentioning the MAT February exam dates for the academic year 2018-2019:
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Application Form||2nd week of December 2017|
|Last date for online registration||4th week of January 2018|
|Closing date of Online Filling-up/ Purchase of Form:||4th week of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||1st week of Feb 2018 (PBT) and 2nd week of Feb 2018 (CBT)|
|MAT Result Declaration Date||4th week of February 2018|
MAT 2018 Registration
- Candidates desiring admission in postgraduate management courses must necessarily fill MAT application form 2018 either through online or offline mode.
- The online application form will be available on AIMA website or can also be filled from here.
- Candidates can obtain the OMR application form along with MAT bulletin from AIMA, New Delhi by paying the requisite registration fee.
- Application should be completed in all respects including the filling of all necessary details and uploading of signature & photograph.
- After few days of the submission of application form, applicants can check their status of application form.
All the category candidates are required to pay Rs. 1200/- as application fee. Payment can be processed through credit card/debit card/net banking and Demand Draft (DD).
In case of payment through DD, candidates have to send the printout of filled-in registration form along with the demand draft to AIMA, New Delhi.
The eligibility prescribed for appearing the MAT 2018 is as follows:
- Qualification Requirement: Candidate must be graduate to be eligible for MAT.Graduation can be completed in any discipline.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year graduation appearing candidates can also apply.
- No Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marks requirement to be eligible for MAT. However, candidates have to secure passing marks in graduation.
- No Age Limit: No prescribed age limit and number of attempts for appearing MAT 2018.
MAT Exam Pattern 2018
The details of MAT 2018 Exam pattern is given below:
- Exam Mode: MAT is conducted in online (CBT) as well as offline mode (PBT).
- Type of Questions: MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice questions.
- Number of Questions: The test contains 200 questions divided into 5 sections.
- Sections Covered: There will be total 5 sections in MAT exam.
- Exam Duration: The test is of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/4 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The following table shows the structure of MAT:
|Section||No. of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Syllabus 2018
The complete knowledge of syllabus is very important for the best preparation of exam. The test will include 5 sections i.e. Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment.
How to Prepare for MAT
Here are few tips on how to crack MAT. This would help you to score good marks:
- Planning is very important for exam preparation. Plan your study time table properly.
- Time management is very important in order to make sure that all the five sections of the entire paper can be attended properly.
- Negative marking also exists in MAT so attempt the question with full attention.
- You can also practice the mock test to get idea about the exam pattern.
- A wide variety of books are available in market for MAT preparation. It is very important to choose the right study material.
- Last but not the least, maintain your health and stay healthy.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
MAT 2018 Admit Card
- All Successfully registered candidates can download their MAT 2018 admit card one week before the test.
- Admit card will not be dispatched by post or through any other means.
- Admit card would contain Candidate Name, Form No, Roll No., Test Date, Test Time and Test Venue Address.
MAT Result 2018
- MAT 2018 Result will be declared one month after the examination.
- Result will be declared online only on the official website of AIMA.
- It can be checked by entering roll number, application form number and by selecting month of test.
MAT Score Card 2018
- MAT Score Card will be put on AIMA website. It will also be sent to the candidates through post.
- Score card will be valid only for one year i.e. for admission to that particular session only.
- If candidate has lost the admit card then he/she can also request the duplicate score card within the stipulated time period.
- Most of the management institutions in India accepts the MAT Scores.
MAT Admission Procedure 2018
- The candidates shortlisted on the basis of entrance test are required to appear the further round of selection in participating MIs.
- Candidates can apply individually in the participating institutions.
- Each MI has its own selection process. Usually the selection process comprises of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds.
- Final admission will be based on candidate’s performance in entrance exam and in further rounds.
For any queries regarding MAT 2018, you may leave your comments below.